Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Windsor played Peggy once in an episode of Doctor Who :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the Dimensions in Time crossover count? :D 'Cos if so everyone from Sanjay to Frank to Phil was in it :eek:
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Does the Dimensions in Time crossover count? :D 'Cos if so everyone from Sanjay to Frank to Phil was in it :eek:

No, too easy :D
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Louise Jameson as Leela became head of the Di Marco clan as Rosa Di Marco
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    No, too easy :D

Hmph :(

I can't quite link this to Eastenders, but can to several other soaps.... The late Don Henderson played Davrok, a villain in a 1987 three-parter called 'Delta and the Bannermen' in Doctor Who.

His wife was none other than Shirley Stelfox, formerly Madge Richmond in Brookside, played a small character in the Bill, and went on to become Emmerdales Edna Birch :eek:

I'm getting closer... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leslie Grantham was encouraged into acting by Louise Jameson. He played Kiston in Doctor Who alongside Davros in "Ressurection of The Daleks" in 1984 Matthew Robinson worked as a a director on the show and later recommended him for casting in "EastEnders". He was Den Watts by 1985!

June Brown shared Grantham's agent and was recommended by him when Smith and Holland cast Dot Cotton once the show began. She played Lady Eleanor in The Time Warrior story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I done got one :D

Lee Ross, best known as Denise's abusive and murdered ex Owen Turner, played a pirate called Boatswain :)
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This might be of interest to you, young Scrabbler Sir!

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/features/lists/eastenders-actors-in-doctor-who

Did not know that these EE actors were in Dr Who!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mind has gone blank, but the actress that played Sadie is married to John Simms aka the most recent Master.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo Joyner. Lynda with a Y in Doctor Who, Tanya in EastEnders.
    Tracy Ann Oberman. Yvonne Hartman in Doctor Who, Chrissie in EastEnders.
    Lindsay Coulson. Appeared in Series 4's 'Midnight', Carol in EastEnders.
    Annette Badland. Margaret Slitheen in a few Series 1 eps, Aunt Babe in EastEnders.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    This might be of interest to you, young Scrabbler Sir!

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/features/lists/eastenders-actors-in-doctor-who

Did not know that these EE actors were in Dr Who!
    How could I have forgotten Jo Joyner? I remember being gutted when she rocked up in EE as Tanya as I was hoping Lynda-with-a-y would somehow be resurrected and become the Doctor's new companion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brian Croucher - Ted Hills from 1995 to 1997 Kathy Beale's brother. Appeared in "Doctor Who" The Robots of Death.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nina Wadia (Zainab) was in one of the 2009 specials if I remember correctly.

Michelle Ryan (Zoe) played Lady Christina DeSouza in April 2009.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Sophie Aldred was briefly in EastEnders in February '93, a few months prior to her appearance as Ace in the Dimensions in Time crossover.

Rula Lenska was in Resurrection of the Daleks in 1984. She was then Crystal in a special week of EastEnders episodes set in Spain in 2002.

Nina Toussaint-White who was Bradley's girlfriend Syd (remember her?) in 2009, and she was Mels in 'Lets Kill Hitler' in 2011.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Michelle Collins
    Nina Wadia (Matt Smith's debut episode!)
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Joyner was great (and looked so hot) in 'The Parting of the Ways' - and it was one of my very favourite episodes since the series returned. :)

It was just a shame Eccleston did not want to stay longer, the man is a truly superb actor. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anna Wing appeared in "Kinda" with Peter Davison as the fifth Doctor. She appeared in a dream sequence with Tegan, the companion of the fifth doctor. Three years later she became Lou Beale, the battleaxe matriarch of the Beale household

Tamsin Outhwaite appeared in "Nightmare in Silver" which saw Neil Gaiman resurrect the Cybermen again. She played Melanie Healy who later wed Steve Owen.

Micheal Cashman was one of EastEnders original characters as Colin. He had previously appeared in "Time Flight" a derided poor budget Doctor Who episode that was tagged onto the very end of Peter Davison first full series. Davison hated this episode as it was set against Concorde.

Julia Smith directed "The Smugglers" a Doctor Who story and went on to co create the series in 1985 with Tony Holland. Holland and Smith tried to collaborate again on "Eldorado" in 1992. "Eldorado" was co produced by Verity Lambert who had been the original pioneering producer on Doctor Who and launched the series with William Hartnell in 1963.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt di Angelo was in a Dr Who spin off audio story. PLaying a character called Fitz
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Nina Wadia (Zainab) was in one of the 2009 specials if I remember correctly.

Michelle Ryan (Zoe) played Lady Christina DeSouza in April 2009.

Nina played the doctor Rory reported his photos too in the series five opener the eleventh hour xx
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Caunter who played Roy Evans in EastEnders was in two Doctor Who adventures, The Crusade (1965, with William Hartnell as the Doctor), and Colony in Space (1971, Jon Pertwee).

Caunter plays a thuggish guard in Colony in Space, and he looks quite striking with his dark hair and red and black guard's uniform. A young and chirpy Helen Worth (Gail in Coronation Street) also plays a main guest role in Colony in Space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tony Caunter who played Roy Evans in EastEnders was in two Doctor Who adventures, The Crusade (1965, with William Hartnell as the Doctor), and Colony in Space (1971, Jon Pertwee).

Caunter plays a thuggish guard in Colony in Space, and he looks quite striking with his black hair and guard's uniform. A young and chirpy Helen Worth (Gail in Coronation Street) also plays a main guest role in Colony in Space.

He appeared a third time as Jackson. A sailor in the Peter Davison adventure set on board a space boat called "Enlightenment"
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie Schofield who played two EastEnders characters - Jeff Healy (1997-2000) and Brian Wicks (1988) was in Troughton story The War Games, and in Tom Baker, Louise Jameson adventure The Face of Evil.

The Robots of Death is one of my favourite Doctor Who adventures. Too bad that Brian Croucher (like much of the cast) is killed off so early.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rudolph Walker (Patrick) was in a Troughton serial. (Think it was The War Games.)

Ash Ferreira was in Army Of Ghosts. (As was the doctor from Corrie who left last year.)

Edna Dore (Mo Butcher) was in Fear Her.

The woman who played Heather was in The Empty Child.

Jamie Foreman (Derek) was in The Idiot's Lantern.

Mona Hammond (Blossom) was in Rise Of The Cybermen.

Gita was in Journey's End.

Ryan (Whitney's brother) was in The Next Doctor.

Pauline's killer second husband was in the second Dalek film.

Rishi from Emmerdale's in 'Turn Left'. And Nikhil was in Torchwood.

Lots of Corrie, Casualty and Holby actors have also turned up in Who.

Current fave EE fact: the actor who played AJ Massood was in 'Gravity' (the film).
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rudolph Walker (Patrick) was in a Troughton serial. (Think it was The War Games.)

Ash Ferreira was in Army Of Ghosts. (As was the doctor from Corrie who left last year.)

Edna Dore (Mo Butcher) was in Fear Her.

The woman who played Heather was in The Empty Child.

Jamie Foreman (Derek) was in The Idiot's Lantern.

Mona Hammond (Blossom) was in Rise Of The Cybermen.

Gita was in Journey's End.

Ryan (Whitney's brother) was in The Next Doctor.

Pauline's killer second husband was in the second Dalek film.

Rishi from Emmerdale's in 'Turn Left'. And Nikhil was in Torchwood.

Lots of Corrie, Casualty and Holby actors have also turned up in Who.

Current fave EE fact: the actor who played AJ Massood was in 'Gravity' (the film).

Was he really??
    Where/who was he in the film as I've seen it and I didn't recognise him! :blush:
  • Options
    stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Tom Ellis played Dr Oliver in ee and Thomas Milligan in Dr who.

The man who played Lucas in Eastenders also played Donnas husband to be in The runaway bride