Options

Idea For a New Soap?

HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
Forum Member
Basically, there will be no spoilers whatsoever, apart from like the first month to get people interested and the articles that have just happened in the soap. Like in EE at the moment with old characters returning with no mention of it before.

Also storylines like schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. No mention of them whatsoever and they just happen slowly over time to keep the viewers guessing. Same with murders. More true to life.

Anybody understand my idea?

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    HugoLott wrote: »
    Basically, there will be no spoilers whatsoever, apart from like the first month to get people interested and the articles that have just happened in the soap. Like in EE at the moment with old characters returning with no mention of it before.

Also storylines like schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. No mention of them whatsoever and they just happen slowly over time to keep the viewers guessing. Same with murders. More true to life.

Anybody understand my idea?

I couldn't agree more but, unfortunately, soap makers have to cater for people who need spoon feeding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap producers love dishing out spoilers in order to pull in the ratings. Can you imagine getting to the day of the tram crash in Corrie and nobody knowing it was going to happen - while it would have had great shock value it wouldn't have gained a huge audience and that is what the producers and TV companies want. It is a shame as I love to be surprised/shocked.

A few years back I was genuinely shocked to see Matthew King die in Emmerdale as I hadn't seen that coming at all - the same with Karl King.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I think MAJOR events in soaps should be announced in advance TBH. Otherwise they wont get their target of viewers! As long as they don't reveal too much, obviously.

I find that Emmerdale are quite good at keeping things quiet until the day of broadcast though in certain cases. Take last night for example - who knew about Kerry's ex?
    Frank Tate's death was a shocker too!
  • Options
    HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I think MAJOR events in soaps should be announced in advance TBH. Otherwise they wont get their target of viewers! As long as they don't reveal too much, obviously.

I find that Emmerdale are quite good at keeping things quiet until the day of broadcast though in certain cases. Take last night for example - who knew about Kerry's ex?
    Frank Tate's death was a shocker too!

I definitely agree but there shouldn't be like who is in the car crash or the explosion, just saying there is a stunt and that is it with a trailer and a mystery behind it.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love no spoilers whatsoever
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give me a return of Night And Day!