Options

ED Donna Is Being Selfish to Ross

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
I know many people think the current Ross/Donna storyline is romantic but I feel this Walter White wannabe is being a total cow stringing Ross along.

Yeah she dying and deserves some fun but why give the guy false hope of something long term when you will be dead by September?

Even last night telling him they will go public soon was so nasty of her.

I think the ED producers have been watching A Walk to Remember on time too many...

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy whatsoever for the vile Ross.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have too much sympathy for HotSleazeballRoss either - he's really not a very nice person and if he wasn't so damned hot, nobody else would either imo.>:(

Having said that, it's hard not to warm to him when he's so obviously falling in luurve with Donna and I will feel sorry for him when she dies. :( I'll feel a lot more sorry for her and little April though. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

I'm no fan of the greasy carjacker thug who no doubt will end up with Debbie by Christmas. However the storyline IMO makes Donna look like a total cow.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Me neither, SULLA.

I don't like the storyline either. Donna should be more focused on spending her last moments with her daughter, not on getting jiggy with the local scumbag.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the whole Bonnie and Clyde storyline too ridiculous for words. Wiil they ever have to pay for their crimes, or will they just be forgottene when another storyline is aired?
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the whole Bonnie and Clyde storyline too ridiculous for words. Wiil they ever have to pay for their crimes, or will they just be forgottene when another storyline is aired?

Well donna is dying so she's paying the ultimate price. Didnt she have money she'd saved in a pension but something happened and she lost it all.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pot, kettle, black - I'd say.

Ross is no saint by any means - battering someone nearly to death is a pretty low thing to do.
    Whilst I've no doubt Ross is becoming quite sweet on Donna, I seriously doubt he's anywhere near thinking of wedding's, kids & happily ever after - certainly the words "I love you" have never been uttered from his lips.
    If I see Ross declaring undying love and happily ever after scenarios and Donna doesn't put him in the picture, then, and only then, will I think Donna is being selfish & heartless.
    Whilst she hasn't told him about her illness, she's made it quite plain that she has other things in her life to contend with.
    Given how Marlon, Paddy & Rhona have behaved with her since knowing, I totally understand why she hasn't told Ross (yet).
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes terminally ill - as if leaving a daughter she will never watch grow up isnt bad enough, i think id think about myself and enjoy one last fling too if i was her. Ross will get over it their hardly Romeo and Juliet for goodness sake, but i suppose shes past caring about been a little selfish in her life when lifes dealt her this harsh blow. Sucks but its life sod Ross
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    shes terminally ill - as if leaving a daughter she will never watch grow up isnt bad enough, i think id think about myself and enjoy one last fling too if i was her. Ross will get over it their hardly Romeo and Juliet for goodness sake, but i suppose shes past caring about been a little selfish in her life when lifes dealt her this harsh blow. Sucks but its life sod Ross
    Agreed.

And it's not as if she's neglecting April in any way to be with Ross - they hardly even see each other in actual fact.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand Donna for the most part but I am strangely moved by this storyline :(
    It'll be interesting to see Ross's reaction when he finds out
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    An obvious comment would be that nobody who is saying what Donna should or shouldn't do, knows what it is like to know they are about to die.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Donna for the most part but I am strangely moved by this storyline :(

Agreed, sorcha. Especially your last point.:(

I wasn't looking forward to Donna's return, but she and the delicious Ross work so well together.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, sorcha. Especially your last point.:(

I wasn't looking forward to Donna's return, but she and the delicious Ross work so well together.

They have great chemistry

I think Ross needs to break down when he finds out, while showering :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

They have great chemistry

I think Ross needs to break down when he finds out, while showering :D

:D:D;-)
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member

That's how I feel. :) I didn't like either character but somehow I've totally bought into the storyline and rooting for both of them. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I think it was because it was just supposed to be a bit of fun as she doesn't know how much he likes her
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for going a bit off topic.
    Donna was a rubbish, annoying character when she in it the firt time but she's been terrific on her return!
    One of the better returns to a soap!
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry off topic as well, but I like Donna as well. She has a lot of history with the show, the accident on Micheal Feldmanns tractor, the plane crash, was there when Amos did the speech when Beckindale became Emmerdale...oh there was the nasty side when she bullied Andy at junior school and was shot in the face by her brother Scott. I know not many people like the character but it's another nail in the coffin for the programmes DISPPEARING past.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »

Dying people don't have the right to hurt others.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she'd drop dead.

Oh.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I agree abbot. It's bad enough they kind of gave her mother an on screen death, now they are killing of Donna aswell!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that something else will kill Donna before the cancer does, as payback for what she's doing now.

Laurel will be the one comforting Ross when she dies, I bet, even though the discovery of the relationship will have spoiled her friendship with Donna by then.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Dying people don't have the right to hurt others.

Agreed, Whedonite. Donna is being unfair to April.. Instead of spending her last weeks with her daughter, she gets her up in the morning, dresses her in pantomime clothes, and dumps her on Marlon and Laurel; then she goes off playing Bonnie & Clyde with that man with greasy hair.
    But perhaps I am misunderstanding her; she may be ignoring her daughter to get her accustomed to her not being there when the grim reaper claims her.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Whedonite. Donna is being unfair to April.. Instead of spending her last weeks with her daughter, she gets her up in the morning, dresses her in pantomime clothes, and dumps her on Marlon and Laurel; then she goes off playing Bonnie & Clyde with that man with greasy hair.
    But perhaps I am misunderstanding her; she may be ignoring her daughter to get her accustomed to her not being there when the grim reaper claims her.

I don't understand why she isn't making video diaries. She doesn't want April to forget her, but we haven't seen her do anything to actually help April remember her or at least connect to her when she's older. Someone buy her a camcorder or an iPhone.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I don't have too much sympathy for HotSleazeballRoss either - he's really not a very nice person and if he wasn't so damned hot, nobody else would either imo.>:(

Having said that, it's hard not to warm to him when he's so obviously falling in luurve with Donna and I will feel sorry for him when she dies. :( I'll feel a lot more sorry for her and little April though. :cry:

Erm he's not hot in the slightest. :confused: