Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that all american presenters seem to have no problem understanding Jade and Perrie. Either that or they're just being polite :D.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Yeah they are really pop sound but like someone mentioned here LM can bring a few pop songs to please the UK because the UK love the pop sound. Work with Amazing American producers.

Edit: I think LM will still come out with a lot of poppy stuff. They May want that R&B sound but it will still have pop sound to it.

I'd say the same. Pop for UK and RnB/Old school for US release...
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/little-mix/photos/how-ya-doin-video-faces/

Some captions for the pics are pretty funny some are not.. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK really need to wake up, we are no longer in the 80's. Their taste in music is appaling.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I have decided to buy both songs of how ya doin,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that all american presenters seem to have no problem understanding Jade and Perrie. Either that or they're just being polite :D.

I was thinking the same. Not just the presenters, but also the fans, they seem to have no problem understanding their accent either.

1992 wrote: »
    Another thing I just thought when the single is out wont they conbine the album and single version together if they are both in the top 100 at the same time? So it may be a good thing people are buying the album version?! :D
    If the album version is constantly in the top 100 this week, I reckon the song will debut in the official top 100 come Sunday. When the single mix is released, the album version doesn't need to be in the top 100 to be combined for sales, all sales from the song (no matter whichever version) will be combined from then on.

Dazzled3 wrote: »
    This made me like her even way more :p if only little mix were brave enough to speak up :(
    Didn't Jade tell the interviewer off in one of the interviews they did earlier in US? You can tell they are really fed up with the 1D questions, but the other girls can't say too much or show much dislike about it because they still need to consider Perrie's feelings. Ideally Perrie should be the one to tell people "no more 1D questions".
    Forum Member
    http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/little-mix/photos/how-ya-doin-video-faces/

Some captions for the pics are pretty funny some are not.. :)

"Jade's 'Seriously, how long do I have to be on hold for?' face."
    "Jesy's 'Do I look bothered?' face."
    "Missy's 'I'm back, y'all' face."

These are the best imo :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. Not just
    Didn't Jade tell the interviewer off in one of the interviews they did earlier in US? You can tell they are really fed up with the 1D questions, but the other girls can't say too much or show much dislike about it because they still need to consider Perrie's feelings. Ideally Perrie should be the one to tell people "no more 1D questions".
    Yep. Jade did. It was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPzwrUkOq8

You can tell that she just cracked in that moment. I'm sure management warned them about 1D questions before they came over, but I don't think were prepared for how many they would get.

It could've been worse, but Jade played it off quite well :cool:
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album version of HYD now up to #78!! :eek: :eek:

Could the album version end up inside the top 75? I think it will! lols
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Album version of HYD now up to #78!! :eek: :eek:

Could the album version end up inside the top 75? I think it will! lols

I wonder if this is going to affect them when they release the single Officially?
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know how it is over there, but over here we admire "plain speaking". Yes try the tactful approach at first but if someone isnt picking up on the social cue then say it plain!

I have a theoretical question. Has it ever happened that the public really likes a song off an album that isnt an official single but they keep cherry picking it and it charts significantly, and the label gives in and sends it to radio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know squat about Cher Lloyd but she just earned my respect for this. 2:20

http://perrle.tumblr.com/post/47403455764/waiting-for-the-day-little-mix-does-this

And boy was that interviewer dense.

Where is the clap smilie when you want it? It's about time some1 says it as it is.
    There was a drama about 1D twitter attacking the Wanted. These lil boyz need to grow up.
    Forum Member
    If I remember correctly CYL peaked at somewhere around #70 in the album release week due to the CIN performance, but it didn't make the official top100, so we'll have to see how long HYD can hang on there. That said, I'm surprised that the song is already doing so well considering the video was only released a couple of days ago and Radio1 hasn't even playlisted the song yet.

Maybe a future #1 hit? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never had a problem with Perrie's accent. I only have trouble with Jade if she speaks softly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video has been the number 1 video on a lot of Music channels also Capital is playing this song a lot. They do have a major effect on sales
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My single has now been pre ordered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings is still loitering around #104, but the better news is its moved up a position to #29 on pop radio. The audience has also increased to 10.8 million.
    Forum Member
    I've never had a problem with Perrie's accent. I only have trouble with Jade if she speaks softly.

Aren't they supposed to have the same accent since they're from the same place?
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difference is in the way they speak it - Perrie is clearer/sharper - Jade is softer/blended

That's how I hear them ;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade has a much broader accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

Is this the interview your on about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPzwrUkOq8

I just love Jade sometimes :p
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know how it is over there, but over here we admire "plain speaking". Yes try the tactful approach at first but if someone isnt picking up on the social cue then say it plain!

I have a theoretical question. Has it ever happened that the public really likes a song off an album that isnt an official single but they keep cherry picking it and it charts significantly, and the label gives in and sends it to radio?

Yep, Ellie Goulding's 'Explosions' wasn't originally intended to be a single, but it was used on an advert and ended up outpeaking 'Figure 8' (her second single), so the label officially announced it as the third single. It was playlisted by Radio 1 soon after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm curious to know if an ad is more powerful than radio play, because of sheer repetition.
This discussion has been closed.