Gennie's death and Debbie's role in it (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hands up who DIDN'T think it would end this way? I was convinced all along that, as far as the law is concerned, she'd get off scott free. The villagers will turn their nose up at her for about 5 minutes then it'll all be back to normal. Just as I expected.

I know she's helped them in the last few days but the LEAST she deserves is a suspended sentence FGS. Gets up to any more bother and she'll be straight in the clink! The least she deserves but in reality she deserves more.

Though I have to say I'm watching the programme now and I did feel a teeny, tiny bit sorry for Debs when she was crying on the stairs. Note that she cried on the stairs though where the fuzz could see her not in her room ;):D

But she doesn't know the fuzz could see her on the stairs. Or in her room for that matter! They told her to leave the house whilst they installed the cameras so she wouldn't look at them, so she's got no clue where she's being watched from.

Hang on...Cain's coming to
    Wales?!
    :eek: EEEEEEEEEEK oh mi god ..........faints *thud* :sleep:..........

(Wake me up when he arrives, I'll give him a real welcome in the hillside:o)
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's some detour for Cain from Yorkshire via Pembrokeshire to Scotland. :eek:
    Where does it say he takes the kids?

DS spoilers...
    Debbie tells Charity that Sarah has been getting some stick at school because of Cameron. Cain is angry about Sarah being bullied and a holiday is suggested. Moira suggests Cain go with Debbie, as with him away she can try to sell the farm.

It's Pembrokeshire not Scotland :)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Notice I haven't got my hand up, Lotteh. :rolleyes: I guess we all knew this was going to happen, long before we saw any spoilers. Dobbeh was always going to get off scot free, because she's apparently the star of the show who has to be in every ep and almost every scene.

And yes, it wasn't nice seeing her crying halfway up the stairs like little Robin the muppet, but she was happy enough to sleep with Cam and have his murdering hands all over her after she found out he killed Carl. So no sympathy here I'm afraid. :mad:

I'm just too soft for my own good :o

I know you're right. In reality, is murdering three people any different from one? Why should three turn her off when one didn't :confused:

But she doesn't know the fuzz could see her on the stairs. Or in her room for that matter! They told her to leave the house whilst they installed the cameras so she wouldn't look at them, so she's got no clue where she's being watched from.

Hang on...Cain's coming to
    Wales?!
    :eek: EEEEEEEEEEK oh mi god ..........faints *thud* :sleep:..........

(Wake me up when he arrives, I'll give him a real welcome in the hillside)

BIB: Oi! *shakes fist* Don't you come in here with all your common sense talk when I'm having a slag off Debbie session :mad::D

OK, she doesn't know where the cameras are but wouldn't you cry on your bed/in your bedroom NOT the stairs? Or once again, is that just me.

Anyway, excuse me, I've got some packing to do. A nice break in Wales sounds nice in the next couple of weeks. I've heard Pembrokeshire is lovely this time of year with some stunning Cain-shaped scenery to be found ;):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just too soft for my own good :o

I know you're right. In reality, is murdering three people any different from one? Why should three turn her off when one didn't :confused:

I think it's the reason he killed them rather than the number. In her head Carl was a vile man (always made her life hell) and Cameron killed him after he attempted to rape Chas.

Wheras Alex and Gennie were innocent people.

Before anyone says anything no I don't think that's an excuse and IMO killing Carl was just as bad as the other three but I think that's how Debbie justified it in her head and now after realising Cameron is capable of killing others, for no reason other than to shut them up, she's realised what an evil man he really is.
    BIB: Oi! *shakes fist* Don't you come in here with all your common sense talk when I'm having a slag off Debbie session :mad::D

OK, she doesn't know where the cameras are but wouldn't you cry on your bed/in your bedroom NOT the stairs? Or once again, is that just me.

Oi, leave her alone she's in training :mad:

Excellent job Collie :D

Maybe Debbie got dressed and tried to carry on as normal but got halfway down the stairs and the truth of what she'd done and might have to do again dawned on her :(
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I think it's the reason he killed them rather than the number. In her head Carl was a vile man (always made her life hell) and Cameron killed him after he attempted to rape Chas.

Before anyone says anything no I don't think that's an excuse and IMO killing Carl was just as bad as the other three but I think that's how Debbie justified it in her head and now after realising Cameron is capable of killing others, for no reason other than to shut them up, she's realised what an evil man he really is.

I agree 100% with this. As far as she would have been concerned, a world without Carl would be better, but Gennie and Alex had not harmed her and were good, innocent people who were killed by Cameron to help hide his true colours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS spoilers...
    Debbie tells Charity that Sarah has been getting some stick at school because of Cameron. Cain is angry about Sarah being bullied and a holiday is suggested. Moira suggests Cain go with Debbie, as with him away she can try to sell the farm.

It's Pembrokeshire not Scotland :)

DS read too much Inside Soap. Or get different ITV spoilers.

You can see how Dismal Debbie and Cameron are such a good match. They're as evil as each other. Soulmates.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just too soft for my own good

BIB: Oi! *shakes fist* Don't you come in here with all your common sense talk when I'm having a slag off Debbie session

Anyway, excuse me, I've got some packing to do. A nice break in Wales sounds nice in the next couple of weeks. I've heard Pembrokeshire is lovely this time of year with some stunning Cain-shaped scenery to be found ;):cool:

Perhaps she didn't want to stay in her room a moment longer, and certainly not on the bed, after why she'd just had to do:(. Though why she didn't just tell Cameron she was riding the cotton pony I don't know, would have been an easy way out for her, and he's hardly likely to know any different!:o

:eek: Cain competition, you don't want to come to Wales Lotty, really, you'll catch, um, welsh things:D. Best leave it well alone, I'll take care of Cain don't worry:o;)

*ponders* now I'm up north, so I wonder if Chris has room in his fridge amongst the Stella for a little one for a while, whilst I go stalk, er on a supportive amble to extend a welcome to my favourite soap?:D
  • evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Home bitch is guilty of at least being an accessory after the fact and here in the US that's 5 years....I still see jail!:D:rolleyes:
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe Debbie got dressed and tried to carry on as normal but got halfway down the stairs and the truth of what she'd done and might have to do again dawned on her :(

That actually makes sense now I think about it.

I can't condone in a million years her thinking that murdering Carl was understandable/unavoidable but I get her using that reasoning to justify it to herself but her cousin (was she a cousin? I can never keep up with the Dingle family tree!) and Alex were a step too far. Yes, I get that.
    Perhaps she didn't want to stay in her room a moment longer, and certainly not on the bed, after why she'd just had to do:(. Though why she didn't just tell Cameron she was riding the cotton pony I don't know, would have been an easy way out for her, and he's hardly likely to know any different!

Yes that would have been a way of avoiding it (if he knows a bit about women's anatomy she could just use the stress of Gennie's death etc for knocking her periods off kilter) but she might think that having sex with him will keep him sweet and, more importantly of course, the PTB want us to feel sorry for her and what she's having to put herself through :D

:eek: Cain competition, you don't want to come to Wales Lotty, really, you'll catch, um, welsh things. Best leave it well alone, I'll take care of Cain don't worry;)

Move over sister! I'm on my way :cool:

And I'm not interested in catching welsh things (but if Ioan Gruffudd is paying a visit I'll not complain) I'm after catching a hunk of prime Yorkshire beefsteak ;)
    evole wrote: »
    Home bitch is guilty of at least being an accessory after the fact and here in the US that's 5 years....I still see jail!:D:rolleyes:

If only we had American justice :cry:
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree 100% with this. As far as she would have been concerned, a world without Carl would be better, but Gennie and Alex had not harmed her and were good, innocent people who were killed by Cameron to help hide his true colours.

I suspect that's what she was thinking as well. Cameron made himself almost like the 'hero of the hour' when he described Carl's murder 'I had to do it....he was going to break your heart...he had tried to rape Chas...' He was full of justifications and Debbie was in love and wanted to believe he did it to protect her and Chas. After the accident he seemed extremely concerned for Gennie, and gave the impression that he was going to help her, then I think told Debbie that she was already dead when he arrived(?). It was only with the full realisation of his crimes, that the scales fell from her eyes dramatically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS read too much Inside Soap. Or get different ITV spoilers.

You can see how Dismal Debbie and Cameron are such a good match. They're as evil as each other. Soulmates.

Why do they read too much Inside soap :confused:

And yes I can see how Debbie and Cameron are as evil as each other.. A silly girl who made a huge mistake and an evil serial killer who killed 3 people in cold blood.. yes that's the same.
    evole wrote: »

Maybe you do.. but not for Debbie ;)
    That actually makes sense now I think about it.

I can't condone in a million years her thinking that murdering Carl was understandable/unavoidable but I get her using that reasoning to justify it to herself but her cousin (was she a cousin? I can never keep up with the Dingle family tree!) and Alex were a step too far. Yes, I get that.

Oh I don't condone it and she was wrong to cover it up once Cameron told her he killed Carl. But I do see why it was different to what she knows now about Gennie and Alex.

In her eyes Cameron got rid of a evil man, someone who she had always hated, someone who was trying to rape her auntie. She would of justified it that he had to do it. However Alex and Gennie were innocent and killed only so Cameron could protect himself.
    Yes that would have been a way of avoiding it (if he knows a bit about women's anatomy she could just use the stress of Gennie's death etc for knocking her periods off kilter) but she might think that having sex with him will keep him sweet and, more importantly of course, the PTB want us to feel sorry for her and what she's having to put herself through :D

That's the reason isn't it? Lol. It's all to add to the drama. Also as much as I love Debbie and will defend her; she has bought this all on herself. That's why Chas has no sympathy for her. In a way Chas is right.. yes it's horrible and Debbie is risking her life but she did chase Gennie off the road. She does owe it to Gennie to get Cameron locked up. She has to do whatever she has to do to catch him out and if that means acting as normal as possible then she's going to have to suck it up and do it. (No jokes please :p)
    If only we had American justice :cry:

Debbie would get jail in this country too. It's only because they need her to catch Cameron that she won't.

If that tape was found by someone else and Cameron's confession of killing Carl was heard by the police and Debbie agreeing to keep quiet.. then she'd be locked up too.
    I suspect that's what she was thinking as well. Cameron made himself almost like the 'hero of the hour' when he described Carl's murder 'I had to do it....he was going to break your heart...he had tried to rape Chas...' He was full of justifications and Debbie was in love and wanted to believe he did it to protect her and Chas. After the accident he seemed extremely concerned for Gennie, and gave the impression that he was going to help her, then I think told Debbie that she was already dead when he arrived(?). It was only with the full realisation of his crimes, that the scales fell from her eyes dramatically.

This exactly.

She knew deep down that killing Carl was wrong but as you said Cameron justified it to her and being so in love with him she accepted his reasons. Also don't forget she's watched someone being killed for rape before; Shane. She knows how terrifying it is, she found Shane on top of Jasmine. She knows how situations like that get out of control very quickly and people don't act in their right mind. Who would have thought Jasmine would have it in her to kill someone?

She made the wrong decision to keep it quiet but I understand how she justified Cameron killing Carl in her head.
    Now she knows what he's really capable of it's a different story. Killing someone on the spur of the moment after catching them attempting to rape someone is slightly different to just killing an innocent person, in cold blood, just to shut them up.
    Let's not forget as well that now she knows the truth she knows how little Cameron cares about what he's done. He's shown no remorse, he's carried on as normal. He wanted to flee and leave Gennie there wheras she was a mess and refused to leave her. He went to Alex's memorial and didn't flinch. As you said Glenda those scales have been well and truly removed from her eyes.