Options

Anyone Else Enjoying This Series?

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
In terms of the production/twists/meddling it's horrendous, but I think they have got the selection of housemates right. I thought the original ones that they put in there on the launch were fine and I was enjoying seeing things unfold gradually rather than the immediate chaos we usually get most other years. When I first heard that they were evicting four of the housemates I wasn't happy, however I didn't like Sarah and Harriet and I didn't have an opinion really on the twins and Kieron. I think the new housemates have added that extra something. I think it's a good mix in there now. You have the big characters like Marc, Simon etc. You have the weird, intriguing quirky ones like Jade, Nick. Then there's the quieter, more normal ones like Cristian. I do think that a couple of quieter ones are always needed to balance the group out a bit. I suspect I'm one of the only ones enjoying this series...in terms of the housemates that is...like I said, the production has been absolutely terrible.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the house needs a balance of extroverts and quieter types.

I am enjoying it but this is the first non-celeb series I've watched on C5 (I watched them all on C4) so I'm finding the change in production and overt manipulation a bit jarring.

Otherwise, I think they have a good selection of HMs. They realised they'd got it wrong initially then took steps to rectify it.

I just hope they will ease off a little and go back to basics, eg secret noms and more elaborate tasks. Nothing is more entertaining and classic BB than someone have a serious, emotional argument while wearing a chicken outfit.
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was enjoying it, that is until they did the 4 out, 4 in twist - that has ruined it for me. :(
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did at first. Had the silly thought that BB had learned from last year and had at last gone back to basics. i.e. a group of strangers from different backgrounds living together, each trying to find their place in the BB house.......and the whole thing just unfolding and panning out normally.

That was short-lived though, living in the past does not work anymore and I was just getting to know the HMs and how they interacted when WHAM. BB and most FMs have decided it was too dull and needed a Channel 5 BB makeover. i.e. replica fake romances, fights, arguments etc. Oh well, just sit back and watch like I would watch Corrie, Eastenders or any other soap.

Too much meddling with the HMs, it is no longer a level playing field if BB decide it is not going how they wish - they will alter everything to suit .
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I was enjoying it, but it's time for me to switch off now. Too much Marc who is now the predictable winner.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first civillian series I've seen since BB7.
    I was re-waching some of the early eps of this Timebomb series and they are much better then those of this week.
    So I enjoyed them until Aaron left and the 4 in/4 out twist but the rest has been more uncomfortable than enjoyable.
    Though having said that I'm still watching hoping something decent will happen.
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was enjoying it a little but predictable one trick 2 dimensional ira reject Marc has ruined it.
  • Options
    Bless YouBless You Posts: 4,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it and agree they have the right mix of HMs in there now. I really enjoyed the first task and sam's bag head. We need more of the silly tasks now. Bring the boxes back.
  • Options
    Jinnyjoe1Jinnyjoe1 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    crisis3 wrote: »
    Was enjoying it a little but predictable one trick 2 dimensional ira reject Marc has ruined it.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say "IRA reject" seriously....

Anyway I'm loving this series, I switched off early last year and the year before couldn't get into it. This year is brilliant, Mark is probably IMO the Best Housemate ever, then again I loved Perez so maybe it's me that's warped :D
    I really find myself looking forward to 9 or 10pm when the show starts. I've even watched a couple of the episodes twice, I have NEVER done that with any programme before. So yeah keep it coming BB.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was but Marc has ruined it for me. It's the same as the last CBB with Perez. They seem to think they have hit on a winning formula.

I'm not enjoying the Marc show. He is making the house boring IMHO as he has intimidated the rest of the house so much they are now just generally quieter. It's lost all its fun and energy because Marc sucks the energy from the room. He is another Perez and another Helen. I'm close to switching off
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I was but Marc has ruined it for me. It's the same as the last CBB with Perez. They seem to think they have hit on a winning formula.

I'm not enjoying the Marc show. He is making the house boring IMHO as he has intimidated the rest of the house so much they are now just generally quieter. It's lost all its fun and energy because Marc sucks the energy from the room. He is another Perez and another Helen. I'm close to switching off

I agree totally Marc is similar to Helen and Perez in that sense.

I will , if Helen or Perez go into the house , stop watching until they have left the house.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am, but like I said in the other thread - the Marc overkill is starting to wane.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It started slowly but there was no need for that silly, panicky fixed up quad eviction. I think if they'd held just a double eviction and sent Marc, Sam and Harry in we'd have a better show now.

And whilst the newbies have added some interest and energy inevitably we now have a house divide the absence of which before 4in4out was one of the pros of this series.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly I loved Perez but can't stand Marc
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly I loved Perez but can't stand Marc

:o I thought I was the only one. :D
  • Options
    james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been away and not watched since halfway through the 4 in/out week. It was a bit boring back then so i'm not motivated to catch up, is it worth it?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed it until the four out/four in "twist". Now it's just the Marc and Simon show and I have no real interest in watching the producers manipulate it to keep these two in for as long as possible. It's too scripted and too predictable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I am still watching but I don't look forward to it as I have done in the past.

Marc did wake them all up but if you have no-one to bounce off in the end it looks silly. I think Danny wants to be HOH and liked the quiet calm happy family vibe they had until the 4 way swap.

However, I didn't. I don't want constant rows either just a balance of it all. I don't like Harry, I think she brings a negative vibe to the house and encourages the divide. Marc says some very inappropriate things. Simon was too much with the showbiz jazz hands rubbish. Sam seems ok but too much of a people pleaser.

Now Simon is deflated, Sam is hurt and upset after the harsh (imo) noms, Marc is on a f**k you drive and Harry is loving it as she is the only newbie not up.

The rest are boring and come across as very entitled and above criticism. I didn't think it was a good mix before the swap but I am sick of seeing Harry naked, Marc in his speedos and Jack in his tiny hat too.

They need a fun task in there as someone has said the silly costumes or better still the box task. :D
  • Options
    SneakyBooSneakyBoo Posts: 7,850
    Forum Member
    In terms of the production/twists/meddling it's horrendous, but I think they have got the selection of housemates right. I thought the original ones that they put in there on the launch were fine and I was enjoying seeing things unfold gradually rather than the immediate chaos we usually get most other years. When I first heard that they were evicting four of the housemates I wasn't happy, however I didn't like Sarah and Harriet and I didn't have an opinion really on the twins and Kieron. I think the new housemates have added that extra something. I think it's a good mix in there now. You have the big characters like Marc, Simon etc. You have the weird, intriguing quirky ones like Jade, Nick. Then there's the quieter, more normal ones like Cristian. I do think that a couple of quieter ones are always needed to balance the group out a bit. I suspect I'm one of the only ones enjoying this series...in terms of the housemates that is...like I said, the production has been absolutely terrible.

I completely agree with you, I love the balance of housemates in there this year. It reminds me of older BB were there would be a cross section of all the different personality types and not too many would control the show. I love the subtle interactions between the various individuals as they interact within their groups or with other groups... I do think we are seeing group formations in the house now as well, some are less defined than others.
    I wasn't too happy with the meddling by BB but the mix in their now is good although I can't stand Simon.... I'm not sure how I will feel about this upcoming secret lair because I don't want Simon to have a free pass for three weeks.
    I have really become invested in this year, really enjoying it.... it's about the only thing getting me through my crappy job at the moment so loving it.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    crisis3 wrote: »

Libellous post. You should check the forum rules.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not enjoying it as much as last year. I haven't been interested enough to watch BOTS and I don't care who wins. There doesn't seem to be as much in-depth interaction between the majority of HMs as there used to be. Like, how well does Chloe get on with Jade? How well does Nick get on with Danny? Who knows?! And the fact that the newcomers were the ones put up for the fake eviction tells us that they are still separate, haven't integrated at all, and haven't influenced anybody to like them.

And there are so many "twists" that something normal happening would seem abnormal. Like Diary Room nominations or a real eviction.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was enjoying it very much up to the 4 in 4 out debacle

Everything was chugging along at a nice pace, hell even the forum was a little more pleasant than it usually was when a series of BB or CBB starts and there was NO divide on here or in the house

Then that twist happened and it was all downhill with the bell being rung for a lot of troublemakers to flood in and this next twist is hardly likely to improve things

In a short space of time, we've seen the shock suits, eating unpleasant things, the customary "who said this about who" stirring, BB constantly interfering in the hope of creating even more divides and arguments.....The list is endless
  • Options
    FerilatgatrFerilatgatr Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying it more than I did when it first started, but I prefer last years
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    I was and am enjoying it... However for the past few nights I've jumped ship on the third commercial break during the 'coming up' segment, because for some reason the fourth half of the episodes have all threatened to feature Nick/Harry schmoozy-fingering-fests and they actually turn me a bit ill! I'll return to a full-watch when one of them leaves.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's been pretty good so far, both before and after the 4-in 4-out twist has been good in different ways. I usually don't like them introducing newbies but it has certainly refreshed the house dynamic for the better this time
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than the last two series, but more than the two before that. So it's an average C5 series.