Options

Who is the richest person in each soap?

TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Out of all the soaps who would be the wealthiest character.
Here's my opinion.

Emmerdale. Lawrence White.
Corrie. Audrey Roberts.
Eastenders. Phil Mitchell.
Hollyoaks. Tony Huchinson.
Neighbours. Paul Robinson.
Home and Away. Brax.

Who are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    EE - Wouldn't Ian be the richest?

HOs- I would think that Tony has very little considering Diane married him to just get what was his and he gave her the flat and restaurant and could no longer pay Harry's school fees. He is now living in a share house and working as a taxi driver.

Darren (and Jack possibly) is the richest if you include property with the Dog and Darren owns a taxi firm, the Roscoe house and he did own the Loveday flat, but I am not sure if he does anymore. So why is Nancy struggling to pay for their son's school fees?

Trevor and Grace being criminals could be wealthy, they own the flat and the Loft.

And with all the people dying around Tom and leaving him money, he probably has a good amount.
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie: Nick
    Home and away: Ricky and Kyle (Brax signed over the gym and the restaurant 50/50 to them before he went to jail).
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    EE - Wouldn't Ian be the richest?

HOs- I would think that Tony has very little considering Diane married him to just get what was his and he gave her the flat and restaurant and could no longer pay Harry's school fees. He is now living in a share house and working as a taxi driver.

Darren (and Jack possibly) is the richest if you include property with the Dog and Darren owns a taxi firm, the Roscoe house and he did own the Loveday flat, but I am not sure if he does anymore. So why is Nancy struggling to pay for their son's school fees?

Trevor and Grace being criminals could be wealthy, they own the flat and the Loft.

And with all the people dying around Tom and leaving him money, he probably has a good amount.

I think Phil's more wealthier than Ian. His businesses are more money making.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    Corrie: Nick
    Home and away: Ricky and Kyle (Brax signed over the gym and the restaurant 50/50 to them before he went to jail).

Even if the Bistro has a higher turnover than the Salon, wouldn't Audrey be richer than Nick because she owns her own house.

Also what about Callum and Tony?
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

This is true, plus Phil is likely to have a fair bit of money stashed away from his dodgy dealings something that Ian is unlikely to have.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    This is true, plus Phil is likely to have a fair bit of money stashed away from his dodgy dealings something that Ian is unlikely to have.

He sold the Vic too which would've built up his bank balance.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Stewart in Coronation Street.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Even if the Bistro has a higher turnover than the Salon, wouldn't Audrey be richer than Nick because she owns her own house.

Audrey was left with serious financial problems after Alf died. Prior to Alfeh dying, Audrey had talked him into buying the salon for her as a bit of a 'fun' project. Sadly for Audrey, Alf's life insurance policy had expired and Audrey was left with next to nothing. She then came to the realisation that she would have to actually work in the salon to make ends meet :D

Coronation Street is a funny one. It's really hard to tell. Characters coming into and then subsequently losing money is such a recurrent theme it's hard to keep track of who has what.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billy in Eastenders
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Emily could be a dark horse!! She seems to live fairly frugally, she'll be getting all her pension & allowances every year plus rent money from all the lodgers she's had over the years!! Then there would be whatever she inherited from Ernie, who always seemed a sensible sort of chap, and that's not counting the fact she always had a position of responsibility at Baldwin's factory!!
    Or of course there's always Rita with her expansive cheque book.... :D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Irene's house on H&A would be worth millions in real life.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE I think it would be Phil with all his dodgy dealings. Corrie It could be Roy he's the type that will have saved all his life and spends very little.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Phil owns R&R, The Arches and his house. While he runs the car lot, David Wicks owns the freehold.

Ian owns the cafe, the chippy, Beales restaurant with Jane as co-owner and his own house which is actually bigger than Phils due to the loft conversion. Ian did own a catering business and several properties but I think that's been forgotten about.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Coronation St, as Nick was so badly injured in the tram crash, surely he would have got or at least be in line for a HUGE amount of compensation from the Manchester tram company?
    Far as I can see, no mention has been made of any of the survivors, or any of the bereaved receiving a penny. Which seems mighty peculiar.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Irene's house on H&A would be worth millions in real life.

In an interview on Australian TV before she returned, Kate Ritchie was asked what was the biggest difference between her and Sally. Kate's response was well I certainly couldn't afford a house like Sally's!
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Mick pay like £800k for The Vic? In terms of assets, I doubt Phil or Ian would be too much more than that?

In terms of pure cash/bank balance, it's probably Phil as he's always involved in random deals etc.

Neighbours is obviously Paul Robinson.
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »

His 'wealth' is very hand to mouth. He tools around in a 1973 Type R Impreza and lives in a rented flat. He clearly can't afford a decent razor and he only drinks beer ... how wealthy is that? :D
  • Options
    mrsfojmrsfoj Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    In corrie I'd guess Roy. Successful business, frugal lifestyle, possible life insurance payout from hayley.

In EE I'd say Tracy. Works multiple jobs & doesn't appear to go home so no outgoings.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Don't the Blakes own Anna's massive house?
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily could be a dark horse!! She seems to live fairly frugally, she'll be getting all her pension & allowances every year plus rent money from all the lodgers she's had over the years!! Then there would be whatever she inherited from Ernie, who always seemed a sensible sort of chap, and that's not counting the fact she always had a position of responsibility at Baldwin's factory!!
    Or of course there's always Rita with her expansive cheque book.... :D

Definitely! She is a dark one.

She was lucky to not lose anything thanks to Richard Hillman's dodgy dealings, although the Duckworths lost a considerable amount by contrast.

I'm sure that she got some sort of compensation/pay out from Ernest's death. She probably has quite a healthy private pension and may well have been able to claim some of Ernest's pensions too depending on what he has. Add Norris's lodging money to the mix and Mrs Bishop is one rich bitch.

Perhaps Rita stole Emily's cheque book back in 2001 and she still hasn't noticed :D:D
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    In Coronation St, as Nick was so badly injured in the tram crash, surely he would have got or at least be in line for a HUGE amount of compensation from the Manchester tram company?
    Far as I can see, no mention has been made of any of the survivors, or any of the bereaved receiving a penny. Which seems mighty peculiar.

Nick wasn't badly injured in the tram crash, that was Peter. Nick's injuries were the result of a car crash a couple of years ago and as he was parked in the middle of the road so possibly deemed to be at fault he wouuldn't have got compensation.

I don't remember any mention being made of Peter or Claire Peacock getting compensation for the Tram crash.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

Ian would be far wealthier than Phil if the writers didn't suffer from amnesia. Ian used to own a number of rental properties houses and flats which inexplicably got forgotten about. If he sold them surely he would have a large amount of capital which he doesn't appear to have. The flat currently lived in by Martin and Stacey and the house currently owned and lived in by Phil and Sharon, to name a couple were both part of Ian's property empire which got forgotten about.

Phil on the other hand is the complete opposite while Ian loses property and capital without any explanation Phil acquires it. Five years ago he was a homeless, penniless crack addict. He then stole £15K from Roxy and with that measly £15K he was able to purchase his home that he currently lives in, the arches and the R&R within the space of a couple of months. Since then he's had an endless supply money to throw around.

So in the real world Ian would be the wealthy one however in the magical land of Walford where Phil is king and nothing makes sense Phil is the wealthy one.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Diane Hutchinson is probably the richest in Hollyoaks considering she fleeced Tony of his business and home :mad:

Didn't Tom Cunningham also inherit a fair amount after Max's death from life insurance, not to mention the flat? Then I think Steph left him her share too. Plus I think he inherited money from his parents' deaths. It is probably being held in trust, but I should imagine he will be quite well off once he comes of age...... if the writers remember these details.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »

Ive stated that many times and how CS never seems to brighten characters lives with a compo payout. LIke the girl who got injured in Steves minibus accident , she would have got a 6 figure sum in court.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audrey was left with serious financial problems after Alf died. Prior to Alfeh dying, Audrey had talked him into buying the salon for her as a bit of a 'fun' project. Sadly for Audrey, Alf's life insurance policy had expired and Audrey was left with next to nothing. She then came to the realisation that she would have to actually work in the salon to make ends meet :D

Coronation Street is a funny one. It's really hard to tell. Characters coming into and then subsequently losing money is such a recurrent theme it's hard to keep track of who has what.

Maybe it's Ken on Corrie?

He doesn't display his wealth but I don't think he 's badly-off at all.