Will Young (Part 2)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puterkid wrote: »
    I do like Like a River, but there are better songs/single choices on the album IMO.

Yes I agree, Joy, Thank You, Promise Me, I Don't Need Another Lover and Dare from the Deluxe are all excellent.
  • Options
    PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving this album! It's wonderful to have new music from Will, and his voice is even better than ever.

Love practically every track, it showcases him wonderfully.
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album is a little disappointing for me to be honest, there are some beauties there and his voice is sublime but it's lacking something for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I am absolutely loving this album.Love every single track.My favourite is dare which is on the deluxe version.Some very upbeat songs and some beautiful ballads.His voice is incredible.
  • Options
    JedikiahJedikiah Posts: 5,396
    Forum Member
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Album is a little disappointing for me to be honest, there are some beauties there and his voice is sublime but it's lacking something for me.

I think it is overproduced and pretty much lacking in vitality. That's not to say there aren't a few worthy moments along the way. Some of the songs are very interesting in a more mature way. However, i think that "Love Revolution" was very much recorded as a token song, to get a hit, because it doesn't match the prevailing mood of the rest of the album and even though it doesn't work half as well as it might, the other songs form of introspection, do not especially sound like hit single material. Will is underselling himself, because technology can make even the most mediocre singer sound pretty reasonable, but Will is potentially much more than that. Will needs to strip away the slickness inherent in the sound of this album, and record something a little more raw and spontaneous. He's sleepwalking at the present time, and for me that's just not good enough. The album is full of empty gestures, too, as was his performance of "Love Revolution" the other night at the Palladium, with that unnecessary and ill fitting dance routine, and rare mimed vocal performance. I just wish he would just sing in a more sincere way, without all the unnecessary razzamataz.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice seeing Will on Breakfast this morning. He was very upbeat and funny.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My deluxe SIGNED copy arrived a few days ago!

Have heard a few songs so far, everything so far is Outstanding. I'm so proud. Someone i backed from day one has for the sixth time clearly produced a studio album that is brilliant.

I am unsure how it will do in the charts, but a Number 1 would be deserved. :D
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Not heard the new album, but my goodness that performance on Sunday Night at the Palladium was just abysmal. Not exactly selling it to me.
  • Options
    Vonny DVonny D Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Although I'm not keen on the production on some of the songs, I'm really enjoying the album. It's very diverse but some great songs, even the extra tracks on the deluxe version are really good.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    I'm about to have a listen to the previews of 85% Proof on iTunes. I already downloaded Like A River a few weeks back.

Still not into Love Revolution. The chorus lets it down as I love Loneliness by Tomcraft. I just don't think the chorus to Loneliness works with a motown backing track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Love Revolution is the worst track. The others are very varied so I think there is something for everyone. A lot of fans love Dare on the Deluxe version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vonny D wrote: »
    I think Love Revolution is the worst track. The others are very varied so I think there is something for everyone. A lot of fans love Dare on the Deluxe version.

LR is fine on the album, it just shouldn't have beenthe lead single.

The extra tracks on the deluxe are great but I think You Keep On Loving Me is outstanding. Love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still at #1 in the midweek album charts, come on Wil!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Will on your 4th No.1 album! Well deserved too, its a great album. I also enjoyed his performance on Sunday brunch today of Love Revolution even if its not my favourite song from the album.