The Lauren Samuels Appreciation Thread...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    We will have our fingers on the phone buttons ready to vote for Lauren this evening. I wouldn't decide to vote for someone in advance unless I knew she was going to be the best, and I am sure she is going to be the best!! Enjoy yourself tonight, Lauren!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsnorman wrote: »
    We will have our fingers on the phone buttons ready to vote for Lauren this evening. I wouldn't decide to vote for someone in advance unless I knew she was going to be the best, and I am sure she is going to be the best!! Enjoy yourself tonight, Lauren!!

Which she will be, lol ... there's no question!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to hearing Lauren sing again tonight. That's got to be a good sign, right? She's got the best voice out of them all for me; it's not let her down at all thus far. I'll probably vote for her tonight even if her performance isn't great. She'd make a fab Dorothy and you'd be safe in the knowledge that you'd get to see a great show regardless if it was Lauren who was leading the cast. An important thing today when good tickets cost c. £40-60
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Thing is tho .... I really hate Wizard of Oz :eek: ... Probably after being forced to watch it as a child!
    Would sit through it for Lauren!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Thing is tho .... I really hate Wizard of Oz :eek: ... Probably after being forced to watch it as a child!
    Would sit through it for Lauren!!
    :):):)
    Lauren's the only reason I'd go to see it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    kates89 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to hearing Lauren sing again tonight. That's got to be a good sign, right? She's got the best voice out of them all for me; it's not let her down at all thus far. I'll probably vote for her tonight even if her performance isn't great. She'd make a fab Dorothy and you'd be safe in the knowledge that you'd get to see a great show regardless if it was Lauren who was leading the cast. An important thing today when good tickets cost c. £40-60

Agreed - she would make a fab Dorothy and well worth going to see at £40-60. We thought her performance was great tonight - Mr Norman agrees with my favourites this year, in other years he has had different favourites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's so quiet in here.

Lauren was awesome tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riff wrote: »
    Can't believe it's so quiet in here.

Lauren was awesome tonight.

Easily the performance of the night. I thought she really stood out in the Deadwood babes too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily the performance of the night. I thought she really stood out in the Deadwood babes too.

Yeah like one of the judges said it was the only performance that made you forget you were watching a competition.

Goose pimples for me :)
    Forum Member
    Arrr man! Haven't seen it yet! Will watch in the morning!
    Heard it was blooming excellent tho!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was supergirl!!

Performance of the night, by a complete mile. Loved loved loved it. She's definitely my number 1 favourite now. I had been 'umming and arring' about who was the best/my fave but now it's definitely confirmed. Absolutely amazing considering her past problems with her hearing. Totally astounding and utterly outstanding.
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    I loved it too. She's getting better week by week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    She's my second favorite and I thought she had the best performance this week. The beginning and end of her solo just made me feel so much emotion for the character she was playing. Her acting was soo good!! The middle of the song when the band started to pick up is where I lost that emotion but I still think it was very good!! :)
    Forum Member
    I've just watched on iplayer and I thought it was a rather special performance, despite the fairly forgettable song. Other than maybe week 2 where she didn't look completely comfortable, all her performances have drawn me in and made me forget I'm watching a casting show. I agree with Sheila that Lauren sometimes holds herself back and can seem a bit self-conscious, but otherwise she is as close to perfect as it's possible to get.
    Forum Member
    All I can say about that is Wow! How awesome was that!?
    Listened to it about 20 times!
    Not sure on the dress/hairstyle tho!
    Mesmarising all the same!
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabulous performance by Lauren last night! :cool:
    Very moving and genuine emotion conveyed, voice top notch as always, she never hits a duff note. Definitely took me beyond to another place and time in that moment.

She was boisterous in the Deadwood Stage ensemble aswell. Go Lauren!!!!! :):cool::)

Kates89 - Thanks so much for linking those photos of Lauren as Wendy, great to see, and I totally agree with you, the BBC/Producers have designated Lauren as the 'sensible/mature/staid' Dorothy, and this has too much influence on viewer perceptions, but it was really encouraging to hear ALW be so full of praise for her last night. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched Lauren's performance about 10 times now and it's just so, so, so good. Soooo good. Performance of the series so far I think. I honestly can't think of anything that's topped that?! Not even Danielle has created that kind of emotion and she is the one everyone labels as the really 'talented' actress - we would have just got angsty, intense teen from her again whereas Lauren seemed vulnerable and really drew us in.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Lauren has been the best for two weeks on the trot now, so it looks like I may be supporting her (after finding no-one to support up until now).
    Forum Member
    Yeeesss! Another week of Lauren!
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I thought Lauren was great again last night and she sounded great on the song with Charlotte!!

Think she will do great on big band week next week, she won't get drowned out by the band which Jenny, Sophie or possibly Jessica could because their vocals are not as strong as the rest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Lauren was amazing last night and in all the group performances!

(Just thought I'd bu,mp this thread back to page 1)
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren was brilliant last night. Her solo was beautifully done and she pulled my focus in all of her group performances. The fact that she learnt to sing like that without being able to even hear it properly most of the time, just astounds me. No wonder she's so focussed and determined- she's had to be to get that good. I don't have an outright favourite (it's between Lauren, Steph and Stephanie with Danielle currently in fourth, but those four switch round slightly week by week for me) but I would definitely be interested in going to see Lauren in whatever she ends up in, even if she doesn't win.
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Whoo Hoo !! close second in the poll and Lauren's now second in the betting :)
    Forum Member
    ^(bump)^

It seems more people are being swayed by Lauren's performances now (excuse the pun).

I liked the mutual respect between her & Charlotte this week ;)
    Forum Member
    Imagine getting that kind of compliment from Charlotte Church! :eek:
    Totally deserved though!
    Glad Laurens support is going up :)