Options

The Adele Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
Forum Member
DS Article http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a285526/adele-announces-second-album-details.html

Oooooh can't wait for this!!!!!! and love how shes called it 21 and the cover art wooooooow

Comments

• Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! This has made my day! I love Adele and i love the title.

I know some people may be like 'Oooh poor title, considering her last one was 19' but if you think about it..in years to come, when she looks back on her records it will be in order of age. I like it.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    This had made my day too

Can't wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her naming her albums after her age. It's different. Plus I suppose it's easier to see how she changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her naming her albums after her age. It's different. Plus I suppose it's easier to see how she changes.

Deffinatly. I like it :)

I wonder when we will hear the new single?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this. I never did pick up 19 though I should at some point, it's a brilliant album. Also, I can play it in the car because she's someone that my mum likes too. That doesn't happen often. There's no way she'd allow me to play a paramore album in the car.

:D

EDIT: just bought it from play.com for £4.49 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Very much looking forward to this. Adore her voice, and 19 is a stunning album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the tracklisting

Wonder if she has done any collaborations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Yeah am hoping shes done some good collabs, with maybe Daniel Merriwether again or someone soulful
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele's new single 'Rolling In The Deep' will be played for the first time tonight by Zane Lowe on Radio 1 at 7:30
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Adele's new single 'Rolling In The Deep' will be played for the first time tonight by Zane Lowe on Radio 1 at 7:30

Oooh eck! This is good news...thanks for telling us! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With make you feel my love becoming a suprise hit and increase sales in her debut album, there should be without a doubt some interest in her second album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    With make you feel my love becoming a suprise hit and increase sales in her debut album, there should be without a doubt some interest in her second album.

Yes, much more interest than there is for Duffy's return anyway... I'll be back with a thread on that matter soon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best artist to come out of the UK in a long while. 19 is genuinely one of the best albums I own.

I so can't frickin' wait for this. Love how she's so down to earth aswell - a true star.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazyDlfaptM

I loooooooove this song "Rolling in the Deep".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazyDlfaptM

I loooooooove this song "Rolling in the Deep".

That's the one Zane played tonight for the first time, as I said above
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    That's the one Zane played tonight for the first time, as I said above

It's so good, I can't stop replaying it.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album late January, Single late December?

Promo on X Factor? Performance with either Rebecca or Matt would be great too.

She's a huge fan of the show"her" song is probably the stand out track of the show this year.

Would be amazing, she's a true talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    It would be great to see her on XF but I don't see it happening.

Just listened to RITD, love it!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wantumine wrote: »
    It would be great to see her on XF but I don't see it happening.

Just listened to RITD, love it!

Not last year but the year before she was on Xtra Factor, she loves the show and Simon told her how much he genuinely loved her album and her voice.

Make You Feel My Love is by far the biggest song to come off the back of the show this year, and if Rebecca makes the final I wouldn't be surprised to see Adele as guest duet and getting to perform her own single. She's never a threat to Xmas number 1 as she's more of an album artist so they'd let her perform her new single.
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember of course that Make You Feel My Love was written and recorded originally by Bob Dylan ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so good, I can't stop replaying it.

So do I! It's fantastic!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. I never did pick up 19 though I should at some point, it's a brilliant album. Also, I can play it in the car because she's someone that my mum likes too. That doesn't happen often. There's no way she'd allow me to play a paramore album in the car.

Similar situation here, there's some music on my ipod that I'd never play in the car 'cause mum either wouldn't like it or she doesn't know I like it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else feels if Rebecca wins, her winning single will be Make you feel my love?
    Love her new single. She is fast becoming my favourite artist (don't tell Underwood)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else see her on Jools just now? My god, I have missed her voice so much. She was incredible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see her on Jools just now? My god, I have missed her voice so much. She was incredible.

I did. I hadn't realised how excited I was about her having a new album, seriously cannot wait to hear it now.
This discussion has been closed.