The Adele Appreciation Thread

1118119120121122124»

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Wonder if 21 has reached ten million shipped yet? Are you still guessing 13 million by years end Konebyvax?

I'm in at 11.5 million. But with a few perfect live sessions on primetime, 13 million may be closer after all!

My prediction is 13 million sold according to mediatraffic. The industry use shipped figures so anyone's guess - could be 14-15 million. :eek: :D By the end of this year alone, her career album 'sales' (i.e. shipped) could be up to 19 million. Which would be absolutely crazy based on discography of just 2 albums.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    My prediction is 13 million sold according to mediatraffic. The industry use shipped figures so anyone's guess - could be 14-15 million. :eek: :D By the end of this year alone, her career album 'sales' (i.e. shipped) could be up to 19 million. Which would be absolutely crazy based on discography of just 2 albums.

And all of this for the anti- pop star; the musician's musician. Cool.
  • casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midweeks:

21 #2
    19 #5
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    After all these weeks, that's amazing!

I wonder why the increase, besides continued word of mouth?
    No promo out here in the states that I recall.

She has 4 songs in the top 100 on itunes,
    Rolling in the deep, Someone like you, Set fire to the rain & Rumour has it. All have been slowly gaining, and i'm guessing being played on radio is the US, so word of mouth as per!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like she could make it 12 weeks on top in the US next week. Crazy.
    And second to Amy again in the UK.

Any one want to bet that her mediatraffic numbers increase again this week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the New York Times article: Celebrating the Girls of Summer.

And the sound of summer? It’s the voice of Adele, the British belter whose album “21” has sold at the sort of clip — 2.7 million copies and counting — more typical of the predigital, predownload era. Lady Gaga, in second place with “Born This Way,” trails her by about a million copies.

Adele’s triumph is especially sweet because it hasn’t involved any of the cartoonish or kittenish provocations that power so many other female pop stars’ careers. She’s just a robustly talented, glorious, flawed, recognizable woman. She has weight problems and makes witty note of them. “I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum,” she told Rolling Stone. “I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes. I make music for ears.”

And from Billboard.biz

Billboard 200 Preview: An Even Dozen Weeks at No. 1 for Adele's '21'?

August 03, 2011
    By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles

At the rate we're going, Adele's monster "21" album might be at the top of the chart come Christmastime. The set is poised to return to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart next week for a 12th non-consecutive frame. The album, which is No. 2 this week, hasn't been absent from the top three rungs on the list since it debuted at No. 1 on the March 12 chart -- 22 weeks ago.

If "21" grabs a 12th week at No. 1, it would mark the most weeks atop the chart since Santana's "Supernatural" also racked a dozen frames at No. 1 in late 1999 and early 2000.

Industry sources project that none of yesterday's (Aug. 2) new releases pose a threat to Adele's ascension. However, Eric Church's current No. 1, "Chief," could hold on to the top slot if the week shakes out in his favor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I just saw this from MTV:

www.mtv.com
    Watch Adele Perform Rolling in the
    Deep @ 2011 VMAs 8/28 9/8C

Wait..what? Not SLY? Maybe they are just throwing this wording around because RITD is so big over here.
    It is an amazing song (that 99% of the population cannot touch). But it is such a great stage for SLY. Maybe she is planning on singing that in September on the xfactor.

I really thought that she would sing SLY since they didn't add that on the itunes festival ep.

No matter, just glad she is performing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday Midweeks:

21 #2
    19 #5
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the video be released? She doesn't really need a new song out as she's doing so well, due to word of mouth. But i would like for there to be another video besides Rolling in the deep this era
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question is, will there ever be another video for 21?

In the meantime I really think her unplugged session on mtv may be her best performance of the year. So to tide us over until the tour starts up again.

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/628242/someone-like-you-unplugged.jhtml
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US Hot 100:

RITD #6
    SLY #73
    SFTTR #84
    RHI #96
  • purpleteardropspurpleteardrops Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Talking of SLY, I have a feeling that XL/Columbia are really going to give the ball a right old kick with the promo for this. Check out the banner ad (you may to F5 it if it's not showing at first):

http://www.fmqb.com/home.asp

So RITD is now 5x platinum in the US and SLY already Gold and currently selling 30k/week. :eek:
  • cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to "19" right now. Love this album and i love how 19 and 21 are quite different to eachother, i know lots of people who wern't fans of 19 were skeptical of 21 but i love the transition there.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The Adele Appreciation Thread (Part 2)
This discussion has been closed.