Options

"Impossible" by James Arthur already #1 on iTunes UK and Ireland

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    But it does not get away from the fact that your post below was also wrong.

And yes I may have got carried away with thinking your a stan But I can admit to my mistake can you with the one you made below. :p

As Lovebird was not her 3rd single (post above). And anyone can see if they want and know that Collide is not on the album therefore Lovebird is her second single.

But I dont care anyway you got it wrong James is doing well and that is all that matters. :D

Yes, I'll admit I was wrong. To be honest I'm not enough of a fan to know how much sales she has etc, I buy her albums and that's about all. When you mentioned she had sold less than 1000 I knew something was wrong and when I went to check it out it mentioned lovebird as her third single. I don't buy her singles, and Collide is on her dulux album so I didn't know it wasn't on her normal album.

It's not like I made a point about it being her third single anyway. Everything I said in that post is valid, yet the only thing you chose to reply to was a detail in brackets. Seems to me like you just didn't have anything to say about the rest of my reply to you.

It's not like I was the one who went off topic, I replied to you to correct you, nothing more. I love James, and think he's going to be massive, but that doesn't mean I'll downplay other winners to make him look better or anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'll admit I was wrong. To be honest I'm not enough of a fan to know how much sales she has etc, I buy her albums and that's about all. When you mentioned she had sold less than 1000 I knew something was wrong and when I went to check it out it mentioned lovebird as her third single. I don't buy her singles, and Collide is on her dulux album so I didn't know it wasn't on her normal album.

It's not like I made a point about it being her third single anyway. Everything I said in that post is valid, yet the only thing you chose to reply to was a detail in brackets. Seems to me like you just didn't have anything to say about the rest of my reply to you.

It's not like I was the one who went off topic, I replied to you to correct you, nothing more. I love James, and think he's going to be massive, but that doesn't mean I'll downplay other winners to make him look better or anything.

Maybe nest time you should search better as even wiki has it right

2nd BIB
    Same thing you did after all you went rambing on about the stan thing. as for the rest I did reply and admit about getting it wrong between the album and single.

And for the rest of what you was going on about eg her album being number 3 well i didnt see that as a vaild debate.
    After all a number 1 2 or 3 means nothing well it comes to the numeber of sales, As one week the number 1 could only have sold 30k but the week after that the number 1 could have sold over 300k. So you see where a song/album land on the chart it does not really mean anything when it comes down to the real number of copies sold. I mean after all the stupid crazy frog got to number one. :rolleyes:

Oh and my post was just meant to be a bit of banter between me and inmyarms but you jumped on for some reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe nest time you should search better as even wiki has it right

Says the one who said she'd sold less than 1000 albums. That's a bigger mistake than thinking Collide was counted as a Glassheart single, especially since it used to be.
    Oh and my post was just meant to be a bit of banter between me and inmyarms but you jumped on for some reason.

Because you were wrong?
    I replied to you to correct you, nothing more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says the one who said she'd sold less than 1000 albums. That's a bigger mistake than thinking Collide was counted as a Glassheart single, especially since it used to be.

Because you were wrong?

lmao says you who tried to hide your mistake at least I had the bottle to admit my mistake Unlike you who had to have it pointed out to you so many time before you even got it. :p

Now if you dont mind your not worth getting a ban over so good night :D
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolz!! back to topic... james still No1!! everybody happy!!:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Nielsen Music UK Twitter:

Congratulations to @JamesArthur23 for winning a @NielsenMusicUK Airplay Award for reaching 10,000 plays on UK Radio with "Impossible"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also from Twitter:

Despite dropping to No.2 in the singles chart midweeks today @Jamesarthur23 will surpass the 1m copies sold landmark by Sunday.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Also from Twitter:

Despite dropping to No.2 in the singles chart midweeks today @Jamesarthur23 will surpass the 1m copies sold landmark by Sunday.

Nice one.:D
  • Options
    copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    Nice one.:D

It's also nice to see that James will have reached the one million sales mark in one month's time, compared to eighteen months time for the winner's single by Matt "I've sold lots of records and you haven't" Cardle. :D
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also nice to see that James will have reached the one million sales mark in one month's time, compared to eighteen months time for the winner's single by Matt "I've sold lots of records and you haven't" Cardle. :D

Why all this "he did better than she did and she sold quicker than he did gloating?
    Just remember that Alexandra Burke (1 million sold in 3 weeks , Matt Cardle and Leona Lewis all started out just like James.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, it'll be someone else soon enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Why all this "he did better than she did and she sold quicker than he did gloating?
    Just remember that Alexandra Burke (1 million sold in 3 weeks , Matt Cardle and Leona Lewis all started out just like James.

How can you accuse someone of gloating, and in the same breath you knock someone else down.:rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur sold 7,400 physical copies of the single. That's why he got the #1 position last week.

Awaiting for today's midweek data :D
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Just remember that Alexandra Burke (1 million sold in 3 weeks ), Matt Cardle and Leona Lewis all started out just like James.

it's not a bad warning. I don't think winners singles even count as part of their career...people buy them in the same way they buy singles from John Lewis adverts, cos they're there and they feel compelled to join in. Laziness basically.

James has a decent chance cos he's not too bad but he hasn't really started yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Some people! Wanting a charity single to fail (it hasn't...tough) because they dislike James. He'll be knocked off the top spot eventually and whether its tomorrow or two weeks, people will be gloating even though he's went back to number one (something a winners single hasn't done), sold near a million, and it's sold really quickly. If you don't like it don't listen to it. I don't like a lot of the chart songs but you don't get me talking about them constantly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Impossible" at #2 on midweeks but not too far behind...

"According to today’s Official Charts Company sales data, Will.I.Am and Britney Spears’ Scream And Shout is currently 5,000 copies ahead of James Arthur’s Impossible in the race to Number 1 on Sunday’s Official Singles Chart".
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Its success relegates James Arthur's Impossible single to No 2, but the X Factor winner will be compensated this week with the track set to sell its one-millionth copy. Up to the end of business on Tuesday it was around 10,000 sales short of that target.

musicweek.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So someone will buy the millionth copy by Thursday evening! Who would it be? Kye Sones?
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    So someone will buy the millionth copy by Thursday evening! Who would it be? Kye Sones?

Caroline :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Chris Maloney says he thinks he and Jahmene were going to be the final two (awkward) maybe it'll be him :p
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    millionth is on its way... defo maloney buying that one ;):D

aside from that, incredible that it is still doing well and still selling a fair few copies even if it's not gonna remain at the top
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Maloney says he thinks he and Jahmene were going to be the final two (awkward) maybe it'll be him :p

how gracious, lolz!!:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    how gracious, lolz!!:p:p

Yeah he was saying he was topping the votes every week. (Which is true but it's a bit cocky for him to say it). It's in Star magazine :p

It all just makes me sad that we didn't get him try to Kayne West it up :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur down to #3 on Friday midweeks. But he sold his 1.000.000th copy already!
    OfficialCharts.com can exclusively reveal that 2012 X Factor winner James Arthur’s Impossible has now sold over a million copies in the UK.

According to this morning’s Official Charts Company sales data, James Arthur’s Impossible has broken through the million copies sales barrier. As of Sunday (January 6) the 2012 X Factor winner’s debut single had sold 970,000 copies in the UK after just four weeks on sale. However, at midnight last night, Impossible had sold an additional 32,500 copies this week to take it over the million milestone.

Comments Martin Talbot, the Official Charts Company’s Managing Director:

"Hitting the million mark in around a month is a fantastic achievement for James Arthur. X Factor winners often score strong first week sales, but to push through to the million mark so quickly is truly impressive."

In the entire history of the UK’s Official Singles Chart, there have only been 126 singles which have sold over a million copies or more. Now Impossible takes that total to 127.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arthur down to #3 on Friday midweeks. But he sold his 1.000.000th copy already!

Well done James.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news!! congrats, james!!:):cool: