Options

Dave Gorman's Modern Life Is Goodish

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
http://uktv.co.uk/dave/series/tvseries/251580
Award winning comedian and master of PowerPoint, Dave Gorman, makes his debut on Dave with this original, exclusive and all-new six-part series, showcasing his unique analysis of modern life.

Let’s get straight to the point: Dave Gorman thinks modern life is good... ish. However, tired of endlessly being sold stuff he doesn't need, manipulated by the media and harassed by technology, he’s become slightly obsessive about the 'ish'.

But instead of letting it drive him mad he's decided to fight back. A bit. Sort of. Ish. In this series he shares his observations and vents his frustrations in six mischievous comedy performances that cover everything from our behaviour online, the cult of celebrity, family to money and faith. Presented using his own unique blend of stand up, visual storytelling and real-world experimentation, expect a whole new take on the things we normally take for granted.

Starts tonight. I'll give it a watch to see what it's like. I hope it's more standup comedy than lecture though.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    First found out about this show from this ad/trailer.

To be honest I was more interested in the girl showering :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tuDe_NUDA
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the new series is similar subject matter to his last tour (which was very funny).

Can't wait for tonight.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoying it actually, even if some of it is obvious - eg 'People who ask questions on Yahoo Answers are knobs/idiots' etc :D
    His voice is a bit high though :):o
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it. But yes, his voice is a tad odd tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved that Emailer Plus thing - it really did look like an 80's version of the 'future' (but came out in the 2000's) :D
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the only person to have read all 39 pages of the Boris Bikes conditions, and he found a mistake.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it but the faux old fashioned slide projector sound effects started to grate on my nerves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Quite enjoying it actually, even if some of it is obvious - eg 'People who ask questions on Yahoo Answers are knobs/idiots' etc :D
    His voice is a bit high though :):o
    stu0rt wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. But yes, his voice is a tad odd tonight!
    Reminded me of Josh Widdecombe
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it last night but then I enjoyed his last tour and a bit of the material (the forum poem and the whole fake Twitter account thing) was taken directly from there.

And the lookalike stuff he mentioned in next week's show is from his live tour too.

Worth watching though as it's very funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm led to believe it is his stage show converted into a TV programme.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got round to watching it. Really enjoyed it.

First thing I did was go on twitter and check out @rickstivens :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The last 2 lines of the leap year poem do rhyme so f*ck you Gorman ('which have 28 days clear, and 29 each leap year') :D
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the first episode. The poem from website comments was fantastic. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonight
    Badgers Don't Vote
    New. Award-winning comedian Dave Gorman's latest uproarious show, exclusive to Dave. The titular comic examines celebrity culture and star lookalikes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode.

The lookalikes bit had me cracking up.

http://www.lookalikes.info/our-lookalikes/new-lookalikes/dave-gorman-(martin-a)
  • Options
    BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Another great episode.

The lookalikes bit had me cracking up.

http://www.lookalikes.info/our-lookalikes/new-lookalikes/dave-gorman-(martin-a)

Damn, Page not found. Bet the site crashed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, Page not found. Bet the site crashed :rolleyes:

It must have just been taken down.

It was 5 up minutes go.

Nope, add the second bracket and it comes back up.
  • Options
    BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    It must have just been taken down.

It was 5 up minutes go.

Nope, add the second bracket and it comes back up.

Got it! Thanks :D
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checked a lot of online shopping sites that sold clocks and funny how they almost all read 10.08 as if the smiley hands position makes any difference. Had never took notice of that before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didnt enjoy as much as the first episode :(
    The lookalikes bit was hilarious though :D
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Didnt enjoy as much as the first episode :(
    The lookalikes bit was hilarious though :D

I kept expecting that unknown to him they had found a lookalike, and he walked on at the end to surprise Dave. The producers missed a trick there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Checked a lot of online shopping sites that sold clocks and funny how they almost all read 10.08 as if the smiley hands position makes any difference. Had never took notice of that before.

Not all but certainly the majority are around 10:08 to 10:10 or even 10 to 2! :D

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=clocks+for+sale&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-7JCUruUMKjL0QXdooHAAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1349&bih=550&dpr=1#q=clocks+retailers&tbm=isch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was waiting for that too! :D
  • Options
    Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Watched this the other day at some ungodly hour. The episode where he told us to pay attention. I paid so much attention that I can't remember what the hell was on it bar the T&Cs of the Boris bikes.

Really enjoyed it. Never really like him or Danny Wallace before. Always seemed a bit "Mark Thomas Lite" but thought this was really good and will series link it.

Just remembered - had the Lord Sir Alan Sugar mickey take on it. Very funny.

Was surprised it was on a minor digital channel. This would do well on BBC2 / 3 or Channel 4 or perhaps 5.

Better than a lot of the dross on those channels. Am amazed that Jimmy Carr keeps getting work. He was a bit different when he started but really has been past it for the last 5 years or so IMO.
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say Dave is a minor channel! It's hugely popular. Even my mum watches it. The UKTV network has been commissioning lots of original stuff lately that probably wouldn't see the light of day on the BBC (even though the BBC half owns it).

I might be wrong, but I thought Gorman had a twin brother anyway... they could have brought him on for a 'planned' surprise.