Options

Is anyone else having trouble with the pages flicking about?

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Awful again today. Is anyone else still having problems, or maybe found a solution ?
    Judging by this thread, it must only affect a minority of users. But for me it's practically unusable at present. It's not just the page continually jumping to the top, posting this has been really hard work.
    Come on DS, at least give us some indication that you are aware of the problem.

Yes, still happening for me.

I'm vey disappointed that, after several requests for a response, nothing has happened. Maybe if I mention the McCann's someone will notice?
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    Awful again today. Is anyone else still having problems, or maybe found a solution ?
    Judging by this thread, it must only affect a minority of users. But for me it's practically unusable at present. It's not just the page continually jumping to the top, posting this has been really hard work.
    Come on DS, at least give us some indication that you are aware of the problem.

I'm still have problems too:(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the staff should start asking some questions about what's happening with the page flickering. No response doesn't look good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think one of the staff should start asking some questions about what's happening with the page flickering. No response doesn't look good.

I thought of asking DS via Twitter, seeing as no-one from Forum 'Support' here cares, but it seems to be only about showbiz drivel on there.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slow loading at random times + pages jumping all over the place today.
    (Ipad)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I experienced the flickering with Internet Explorer yesterday. I didn't know what the hell was happening at first, then I remembered this thread.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been awful today. Pages flicking up to the top and slowness loading pages. Giving up.
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WILL YOU PLEASE SORT THE ****ING PROBLEM OUT?

Well that will probably get me a ban but perhaps they'll actually take some bloody notice >:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abivan wrote: »
    WILL YOU PLEASE SORT THE ****ING PROBLEM OUT?

Well that will probably get me a ban but perhaps they'll actually take some bloody notice >:(.

Me too, I'm past caring as it's not worth bothering here anyway as it is.

Forum 'Support' you offer NO support whatsoever.

I've alerted you three times, filled in a form you asked for about this, have posted many times about how it's still happening - and there's been sod-all from anyone in response.

For me, it's particularly the Viewster advert that's causing it.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abivan wrote: »
    I've not had the problem here but after trying to find some lighting earlier (prompted by another thread) I spent some quality time swearing at various retailer websites as they did exactly this while loading all those 'friendface this page' panels and 200 third-party single-pixel stats scripts that made me change my mind and go to the shop down the road.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happening too intermittently on my laptop but being as this forum is a browser-killer anyway it's just another of the annoyances caused by the ads and all the other clag.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    They tell us not to use ad blockers and perish the thought... but some say that things improve when they are used. Paradoxically, one of their main advertisers, one of those that that causes the problem in fact (though I have only tested on Firefox), offers the very means to do just that, at the click of a button!

There is little doubt that the main problem is caused by certain poorly designed flash videos using flash player and FF 'plugin container' hogging computer/tablet/whatever resources - that's what DS need to stop or they will ultimately lose more revenue long-term through customer or page view loss than they gain in ad revenue. Their choice, I guess.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    On ipad I'm finding if I highlight some text by pressing on a word, it stops the page jumping about and you can also scroll down without a problem.

I think also if you press a bit of empty screen and keep your finger on it works too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New problem today.
    On my iPad mini (ios 8.1.2) using the default browser, I always log out of DS forums....when I return later on, if I browse a topic I was on earlier and press Add reply, it automatically lets me type in - the log in screen is being bypassed.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    Mine seems to have been better since the advert at the top of the page disappeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advertising videos have gone but its still slow loading on my ipad.
  • Options
    Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Glad I read this as I have had this page flickering on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.2) for a few days now. Was close to buying a new phone as I couldn't get why nothing worked to stop it.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using an iPad and ironically just as I was about to post on this thread, the page flickered and my iPad froze completely for 5 minutes. I couldn't get back to the home screen, lock it or turn it off. Worrying.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m getting the same on you tube, it`s very irritating. i dont think it`s a site specific thing, someone further back mentioned slow scripts.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random42 wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem for ages now. It hasn't improved.

I only ever had the problem on my iPad, it appears to have corrected itself now, at least for the past few days.
    I've probably jinxed it now, and it will revert to jumping to the top of the page again.
    It drove me nuts, if I couldn't be bothered to go on the iMac, I'd go off DS, and switch to other sites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The flickering's happened for me again this morning. It's only happening for me with Internet Explorer. The page also sometimes goes blank when I try and move down the page using the side bar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m getting the same on you tube, it`s very irritating. i dont think it`s a site specific thing, someone further back mentioned slow scripts.

YouTube's absolutely fine for me when using Internet Explorer. It's only these forums that the flickering and blank pages happen for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still finding pages slow to load or just hanging.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine has been doing this ever since DS changed their layout from the old beloved blue. I find if I pinch zoom out and in again it sometimes fixes things but it's one of those annoyances I've just learned to put up with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was really slow a mins ago, progress bar just stops for a time.
    Now I have logged in, it has got faster.

Ipad.