Mass Effect 4

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could swear the Mass Effect trilogy was confirmed for the new consoles. But if it hasn't I'm sure it will happen and I will buy it again for sure as it's my favourite series from last gen.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think if it was going to happen it would have already been anounced like last of us metro redux and GTA5
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I could swear the Mass Effect trilogy was confirmed for the new consoles. But if it hasn't I'm sure it will happen and I will buy it again for sure as it's my favourite series from last gen.

Nothing was ever confirmed.

Some foreign online retailer had a listing up for the ME Trilogy for Xbox One & PS4, causing gaming news sites to publish stories about it...

I would *love* for it to happen, though. Now the Halo games are coming to the Xbox One, the only thing I still have my 360 for is the ME trilogy.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We might hear something closer to the Mass Effect 4 release then, but I feel fairly confident it will happen.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    ME is the only thing that prevents me from getting rid of my 360.

Personally, I think we will see it remastered at some point. They're probably figuring out what to do with all the DLC. A lot of it was integral and I can't see them including all the DLC free, but then by the same token, I can't see many people being overly happy to shell out for it again.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £60-70 all in and I'd have it for this gen.

I don't think it will happen though. Unless they're keeping it under wraps and announce a release say 6 months prior to ME4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would buy the trilogy again if re released on ps4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    £60-70 all in and I'd have it for this gen.

I don't think it will happen though. Unless they're keeping it under wraps and announce a release say 6 months prior to ME4.

Or hold it back as we are only three years off shy of mass effect being a decade old, could easily see them doing a halo/fable and redoing me1 with a current gen game engine.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see them doing a simple port of the game and upping it to 1080p/60 FPS. I've played it at that on PC and it still isn't much to look at to be honest. A redux of the original might work for its 10th year anniversary, even then, it's Mass Effect 2 & 3 that were the bigger games.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Did ME1 ever come out on PS3?
    Forum Member
    Yeah, they released it as part of the ME trilogy set on PS3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can also buy mass effect 1 separately from the PSN store
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    I can't see them doing a simple port of the game and upping it to 1080p/60 FPS. I've played it at that on PC and it still isn't much to look at to be honest. A redux of the original might work for its 10th year anniversary, even then, it's Mass Effect 2 & 3 that were the bigger games.

Ms 1 was an rpg so didn't appeal to the run and gun types, ms 2 was a watered down rpg but still had rpg elements but more shooter, ms3 was all shooter and just about all the rpg element that made Mass effect was removed, ea destroyed the rpg bioware produced
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought mass 3 was a great game apart from that disaster of an ending which taints it.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought mass 3 was a great game apart from that disaster of an ending which taints it.

I enjoyed it but no where near as good as 1 &2.
    Forum Member
    ME3 had the auto dialogue, the lack of neutral responses, and a lot of forced behaviour. That being said, I got lucky as a lot of that played into how I would have played Shepard anyway. Can see why a lot of people might have been disappointed though.

Oh, and obviously the ending, which was a fooking joke.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no idea of reliability, but this article up to day suggests the trilogy will be coming to next-gen first.

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/mass-effect-4-release-date-bioware-busy-with-mass-effect-original-trilogy-remake-for-next-gen-16879/
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    no idea of reliability, but this article up to day suggests the trilogy will be coming to next-gen first.

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/mass-effect-4-release-date-bioware-busy-with-mass-effect-original-trilogy-remake-for-next-gen-16879/

Suspect.

There's absolutely no mention of it on BSN. Although, a quick trip back there to check lead me to discover that Mark Meer (Sheploo), Alex Wilton Regan (Traynor) and Freddie Prinze Jr (Vega) are all doing voicework for DA:I. Yay! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As great as these games are they aren't special, pretty much every HD collection/remakes/goty editions that have been released have been lower than the price of a new game and they include all previous DLC

If they want anything more than £45 for a re-release of a re release then I won't be buying
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine if it does happen it will be a port of pc versions. Can't see much effort being put into it. I wouldn't play ME1 again due to those awful moon rover missions.
    I think 4 might be interesting but, for me, I wouldn't rush to get it. I sort of see it as being like Star Wars Episode 1.
    Forum Member
    Re the DLC - wouldn't surprise me if they cherry-picked it.

The first game only had two DLCs and one of those was sh1te.

ME2 - you could get away with just including LotSB and Arrival.

ME3 - From Ashes should have been part of the main game anyway, and Omega isn't pivotal so you could get away with Leviathan and the Citadel.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mass-Effect-4-Discussed-By-BioWare-Week-66325.html

Little more info hopefully coming up in the next week.

Still think the VGA's in December? will be the full reveal.
    Forum Member
    Lol - love how they go through the whole "don't call it Mass Effect 4" thing, and then instantly call it Mass Effect 4! :D
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    All the endings I saw were good in my opinion, I never thought the choices I made would effect the ending though and not really a big problem.didn't bother me.

Fine if people didn't like it, but when I say some people went over the top crazy is when they sent death threats, signed a petition got overly mad about it is kind of pathetic and dumb.

Whilst I can see why some didn't like the ending to ME3 it never bothered me that much as like you I though t pretty much ME3 would end pretty much as it did with Shepard making the ultimate sacrifice to save the galaxy. All in all it could have been written better I think but I'm happy with what they did.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Lol - love how they go through the whole "don't call it Mass Effect 4" thing, and then instantly call it Mass Effect 4! :D

That's only because I don't thinkn they've come up with another name for it they will closer to the time of release though.