✭✭✭
    Done :) Good poll.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    ive answered it
  • davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be all teenage girls answering it considering Little Mix is leading as best winner.:D
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davies88 wrote: »
    Must be all teenage girls answering it considering Little Mix is leading as best winner.:D

Maybe also they really connected with their fans and have had several strong hit singles unlike basically any other winner apart from Alexandra.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Maybe also they really connected with their fans and have had several strong hit singles unlike basically any other winner apart from Alexandra.

But it's Leona that's sold the most and has the most top 10 hits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's Leona that's sold the most and has the most top 10 hits.

Yes; Leona who benefited from the early days of talent shows and people not being sick of people on them to be able to have one complete smash song ten years ago which she's ridden the wave of for her whole career. Where would her sales and impact be without the smash of Bleeding Love (and to a lesser extent, a winner's song that suited her voice and style of music)?

Sometimes all you need is one good song, and sometimes that's all you get your whole career. Little Mix have gone from strength to strength where Leona started strong but has since fallen off a cliff, so she wouldn't be my pick for best overall X Factor winner. Just my opinion though.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    davies88 wrote: »
    or some of the ones who attended to the biggest arena tour of 2016 ;-)
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I voted for Little Mix not because I'm a fan or anything like that, but, out of all the X Factor products, they're the most interesting: they have chemistry, are full of life, nice personalities, good sense of humour, a bit of goofiness, great stage presence and a bunch of good songs - that's a package none of the other XF winners has. Oh, and decent voices - and Perry's voice is well above decent.
    And NO, I'm no teenage girl! They're simply the best out of a bad bunch.

As for Leona holding the most top 10 hits, that argument doesn't hold here. Leona has had 10 top 10 hits in how many years??!! Little Mix have had 8 top 10 hits in under 4 years and they'll probably soon add much more to that list.
    It's not enough to have one huge hit that ensures you'll be selling for quite a while and quite a lot. Leona has indeed more money, but the girls have something much more important to be remembered by: a recognizable back catalogue.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I think a lot of Mixers have responded to that survey. Even if you're a fan of the group, I think it's pretty crazy to say their series was the best. That was a very unpleasant year with the way some of the contestants were treated.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the poll has been sabotaged.
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Don't you think that, if certain fan groups had voted, you'd have had more than just 20 votes? :p
    Just because you don't like the results, it doesn't mean they're not reflective of the general opinion.
    The poll seems to be in accordance with a lot of bigger polls conducted over the years, that were presenting Gary and Nicole as the favorite judges and Simon, Louis and Tulisa as bottom of the list.
    Besides, series 8 is ahead of series 7 only by 2 votes - does that mean that someone else, aside from the "Mixers" sabotaged the poll as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also maybe people enjoy the series with a lot of controversy. Janet, Misha, Amelia and Little Mix's series was the last series that still felt like X Factor, with a genuine good crop of strong potential winners. I think people have nostalgia for that; the last few series haven't exactly been going through the motions, but it's been a lot clearer who the two or three contenders are and who else is disposable.

Last year, Louisa and Reggie n Bollie. The year before, Fleur, Andrea, and Ben. The year before that, The Sam Bailey Show. The year before that, The Nicole Scherzinger show featuring Ella Henderson. The field, for whatever reason, hasn't felt as open.

There's also the fact that XF has been running for 12 years. Perhaps a lot of readers of this fan forum might have started late and only remember back as far as series 8 which is by itself already 5 years ago. How many older and past viewers, fans of series 1-5 are still coming back to comment on a fan forum for a show they only enjoyed distant past series of?