Options

facebook guy dilemma

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok this is a bit silly but I accepted the add of this random guy on facebook who's a mutual friend of one of my good friends.I've never met him and have no interest but I thought he looked ok so I thought theres no harm he might be one of her friends or promote for nightclubs etc.The idiot has written 'hey babes how are u what u up to' on my wall as if he knows me :mad: My boyfriend is kinda jelous and goes on facebook a lot he might ask questions,Shoud I just delete it and hope my boyfriend hasn't seen it, but then if he has which he probably has then that makes it look shady if I do that. Should I reply something along the lines of hi, are you a friend of ...( ..). or do I know you? This is what I get for accepting the him as a friend how stupid,or maybe I'm making too big a deal of it. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if it's making you uncomfortable, which it clearly is I'd say don't reply and delete the message and remove him as a friend.

I used to get a few of these, just removed the messages and blocked the people tbh.
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your boyfriend asks just say you don't know who he is. If he doesn't believe you, then maybe you need to be asking for advice about his trust issues.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's silly but it does make me uncomfortable,but do you think that it looks shady if my boyfriend has already seen the message on my wall, as if i'm hiding something?
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, if he asks, just say you deleted it because you don't even know who he is and you don't want crap accumulating on your wall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saying you don't know who he is won't wash with your boyfriend because you have to manually add people on Facebook, they don't just appear out of nowhere.

Just delete him and block him, and tell your boyfriend (if indeed he ever asks about it) that you thought you knew who he was but were mistaken.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mooby~ wrote: »
    Just delete him and block him, and tell your boyfriend (if indeed he ever asks about it) that you thought you knew who he was but were mistaken.

Or just tell the truth - he was a friend of a friend who you added but turned out to be a bit of a creep and you deleted him coz he posted crap on your wall...
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truth imho.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Or just tell the truth - he was a friend of a friend who you added but turned out to be a bit of a creep and you deleted him coz he posted crap on your wall...

Agreed - Can't go wrong with the truth (or, at least, you can't when you genuinely haven't done anything wrong, which the OP hasn't)....