Options

Report tonights results show to Ofcom

Comments

• Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's option 2, then option 9 isn't it? Do you get to speak to an advisor after that, or are there further options?

If only it were that simple, Paulie. I had to write an email with a logical argument within it an all. Haven't experienced any exam so taxing since my philosophy finals at Cambridge ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lannyboy wrote: »
    If you are angry about the fix then do it now!

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

Wise up, she was rubbish
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

This is a more direct link...

I have never done this before but am outraged on behalf of TreyC,.... I feel so sad for doing it too but we need to defend her. votes for her tonight were basically completely wasted. they didn't get her out of the bottom two, which is fair enough but the votes could have possibly saved her had they gone to deadlock like Cheryl said she wanted to

Thanks for the link. Easy and simple to complete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    If only it were that simple, Paulie. I had to write an email with a logical argument within it an all. Haven't experienced any exam so taxing since my philosophy finals at Cambridge ;)

You should try the Telephone Preference System (TPS) complaint form. It feels like you need the first names, middle names, favourite pet and full addresses and phone numbers of the the first cousin once-removed from the last person to meet the person you spoke on the phone to.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Are people crying because Cheryl didn't vote or crying because Katie is still in? If it had resulted in a favourite staying would they still cry? Think not
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    Are people crying because Cheryl didn't vote or crying because Katie is still in? If it had resulted in a favourite staying would they still cry? Think not

Stop trying to be sensible...it won't work.:p
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nodders wrote: »
    You should try the Telephone Preference System (TPS) complaint form. It feels like you need the first names, middle names, favourite pet and full addresses and phone numbers of the the first cousin once-removed from the last person to meet the person you spoke on the phone to.

HAHA too true!! I tried that a while ago, basically 'cause I wanted the free caller display. It wasn't worth the hassle - hey, it's nice to get a surprise when the phone rings!

What are you doing here anyway, you should be busy following that simple link I provided earlier for you all to complain! Do you need a copy / paste template of what you should be complaining about? ;) Naughty Noddy. Get to it or I'll alert PC Plod
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken from another thread because it sums up what happened perfectly:
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    To be fair, the precident is in favour of what happened. The only other time in the four judge format when a judge refused to vote was with Sharon Osbourne in Series 4. Her acts were both in the bottom two, she refused to vote, so Kimberley went home in a 2-1 majority.

No rules we changed.

Also, there is no such thing as 'Voting to take it to deadlock'. You are supposed to vote for your favourite. Judges have manipulated this in the past by being allowed the vote last when their acts are up for the chop - maybe from now on they will do the FAIR thing, which is the make the judges with acts in the bottom two vote first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm complain about what exactly?
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    I thought it was really unfair that Cheryl didn't get to go last and take it to deadlock.

I was also disgusted with the audience for booing katie so horribly.

I won't complain, but I don't blame the people who will :)

Did Cheryl not say that she wanted the other two to go and then she would vote for deadlock. She wasn't given the chance to do this. So the results are invalid!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    So, er...what have they exactly done wrong? :confused:

And would you care if Katie had gone by this method?

This ^^....very good point. I'm guessing not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    It's a disgrace the way they keep changing things.

I'm going to call the police tomorrow morning and see what they say.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken from another thread because it sums up what happened perfectly:

No rules we changed.

Also, there is no such thing as 'Voting to take it to deadlock'. You are supposed to vote for your favourite. Judges have manipulated this in the past by being allowed the vote last when their acts are up for the chop - maybe from now on they will do the FAIR thing, which is the make the judges with acts in the bottom two vote first.

I may be wrong but I don't think the deadlock statergy was around back then (Sharon Osbourne situation) and that deadlock was only introduced to avoid situations like this happening.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Did Cheryl not say that she wanted the other two to go and then she would vote for deadlock. She wasn't given the chance to do this. So the results are invalid!
    Little miss cheryl can't dictate when she votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I don't think the deadlock statergy was around back then (Sharon Osbourne situation) and that deadlock was only introduced to avoid situations like this happening.

Yes but Deadlock exists for when the judges honestly cannot reach a majority decision - not for when they don't WANT to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im complaining, the fact its a SINGING competition, 2 weeks in a row sqeaky katies been saved.

STUPID.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please also remind them that most of the people complaining spent absolutely no money voting to save Treyc so weren't actually cheated at all.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people phoned up and complained
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    Im complaining, the fact its a SINGING competition, 2 weeks in a row sqeaky katies been saved.

STUPID.

Doesn't the whole pantomime with jedward last year show that that doesn't matter in the slightest?

And people who are moaning about Trayc, did you vote for her? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not, actually. I like Katie and dislike Treyc. It is an entertainment show. Cheryl refused to vote when Dermot asked and when he explained that her refusal meant it would go by a majority decision, she still said no. As with Sharon in series 4. As far as I can see, nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This ^^....very good point. I'm guessing not.

You've missed the point utterly. It's not who went, it's how the voting was conducted.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Cent wrote: »
    Little miss cheryl can't dictate when she votes.

Umm... yes she can. She did. She can't dictate whether people agree with her actions, nor if the producers will tell her off, but she can evidently decide whether to vote or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gezzerboy wrote: »
    although totally sad I think I will actually complain. I am sick of this rule changing on the fly... Peoples call costs should be refunded.
    I completely agree. People might as well have not voted.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agree. People might as well have not voted.

Eh? People vote to keep their favourite out of the bottom two, nothing more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of people here have missed the point here and I think in fact that this probably should be investigated by OFCOM. The issue is that when you take money from viewers as part of a decision-making process, you have to carry out the protocol of that process to the letter. As I understand it, and I may be wrong, the protocol requires all four judges to vote and does not permit abstentions; tonight the decision was made by three judges voting. I would also highlight what Cheryl said: 'ask these two, then I'll take it to deadlock' which clearly implies that she was intending Dermot to return to her after asking the other two and, if necessary, she would vote to take it to deadlock. Instead, her vote was rendered void and the decision was made by the other three. I do not think that that is the correct procedure. They may well end up having to refund people's money.