Options

Glee (US Pace) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts again a week on Tuesday. reckon it will go through to the first week of December with no more breaks?
  • Options
    FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, hope this means a Quinn solo - she hasn't had one since season 1 (to be honest they missed a big opportunity by not giving her a solo in the first two episodes when she still had her 'rock' look).

Agree! In my opinion they miss an opportunity with her in almost every episode. Not only is she completely stunning but she's the obvious break out star after Glee, and I just can't believe they don't give her more airtime.

Fab new still incase anyone hasn't seen it

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt8oj8z0d91qc3z7lo1_500.jpg

Faberry! /sigh :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love glee but i have to agree with the above posters. Dianna really needs anouther solo asap. I think that is one of the shows downfalls if i am honest, they do not spread the solos out properly. A episode hardly goes by without Blaine getting a solo if not more than one (or at least it feels like that) and excellent singers like Quinn, Santana, Puck and (in my opinion although some seem to disagree) Brittany, are overlooked. Hopefully we are about to see more of Dianna's vocals in episodes to come.

(OH and please please a brittana duet soon!!:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, I just don't want a Rachel/Santana duet to be wasted on a rather mediocre song choice.

Good, hope this means a Quinn solo - she hasn't had one since season 1 (to be honest they missed a big opportunity by not giving her a solo in the first two episodes when she still had her 'rock' look).

Rachel hasn't technically had a solo this season either. :eek: :confused:

What solo did she sing in S1? Seems so long ago now :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love tea wrote: »
    What solo did she sing in S1? Seems so long ago now :p

You keep me hanging on
    I say a little prayer ( Kind of)
    Its a mans mans world

Not enough! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love glee but i have to agree with the above posters. Dianna really needs anouther solo asap. I think that is one of the shows downfalls if i am honest, they do not spread the solos out properly. A episode hardly goes by without Blaine getting a solo if not more than one (or at least it feels like that) and excellent singers like Quinn, Santana, Puck and (in my opinion although some seem to disagree) Brittany, are overlooked. Hopefully we are about to see more of Dianna's vocals in episodes to come.

(OH and please please a brittana duet soon!!:D)

Technically Run the World was one (even if Santana only had a line) lol. I'd personally like to see a Santana/Brittany/Quinn number.

Despite the pilot episode, we've never heard these three sing together (they didn't use Brittany and Santana's vocals, so it was essentially a Quinn solo).
    A episode hardly goes by without Blaine getting a solo if not more than one (or at least it feels like that)

Well he has a solo in the forthcoming episode, so in 4 episodes Blaines had 3 solo's.

It does feel odd, especially considering Rachel's not even had a solo yet. This was partly the problem last season, the disproportionate distribution of songs, especially when the plot demands a song (like a solo for Quinn would have been perfect in the first episode).

Rachel's sang in a lot of the group numbers and has had 2 duets but she hasn't had a solo which feels odd - Rachel should always have the most solo's, it's like the rules of Glee. :D
    jenilou88 wrote: »
    Yeah I remember first hearing that Chris confirmed that Kurt's boyfriend was called Sam and later on there was news that a new football playing character called Sam had been cast so people put two and two together. I agree that Sam was at one point supposed to be the boyfriend and I'm intrigued as why and when this changed - I've seen various opinions and lots of speculation but no one really seems to know for sure.

It's true and I guess we'll never know why the reason it was dropped. Of course the early season 2 last minute plot changes had a knock-on effect and essentially ruined the rest of season 2.

Sam/Kurt were supposed to become an item, therefore we would have never have gotten the ridiculous Dalton tangent (as awesome as the Warblers were, the whole Blaine/Dalton scenario hijacked the show)

Brittany/Artie were supposed to be temporary as Brittany only asked Artie out to make Santana jealous, their arc was supposed to start soon-after - instead Brittany/Santana actually got physically separated for half a season almost and Santana became nothing but a disruptive plot-device, thrown at random couples trying to break them up (ie Finchel, Sam/Quinn, Puck/Lauren etc.) - effectively they tried to de-gay Santana. Of course they backtracked again on that by mid-season. The problem was now they had nobody to come in between Rachel and Finn (as Santana was originally meant to).

Hence Quinn, was thrown randomly back at Finn and became another disruptive plot device with no real motivations behind her actions (much like Santana).

Artie (like he said early in season 2) still had feelings for Tina, that could/should have become Artie/Tina/Mike triangle, but instead they abandoned Artie/Tina and put Artie with Brittany - effectively pushing Tina/Mike to the background with about 3 lines all season because they blatantly never had anything else planned for them.

Will/Emma were supposed to get together but they decided to keep throwing spanners into the works (Carl, Holly, April, Terri etc.)

It's rather amazing how spectacularly they screwed up last season. :rolleyes:
    asyousay wrote: »
    Sam coming back is stupid . There are already too many characters on the show and that's why it was good he left as he was a bland pretty boy .
    Also we still have Damian to come in and Sam( real name ) so Chord should not of come back . It's not like he added anything to the show. That's why his contract did not get picked up as Harry and Darren bring a lot more to the table.

I agree, I'm just hoping that he'll come back, get back with Mercedes, because Mercedes and Shane are just an awkward couple.
    You keep me hanging on
    Its a mans mans world

Papa don't preach too (my favorite, her voice really suited that). :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you guys seen the goss that episode 7 has been retitled?
    Now called: I Kissed A Girl

My mind is racing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My mind is racing!

are they covering the song?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Dianna Agron wore 'Likes Girls' during the Glee tour and the fandom exploded? That actually has nothing to do with anything and is pure coincidence with the episode title being discussed lol
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    are they covering the song?

They already did the song in the Pilot :)
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    They already did the song in the Pilot :)

15 seconds'ish of the song for Tinas audition though, doesn't mean they can't do the whole song.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    15 seconds'ish of the song for Tinas audition though, doesn't mean they can't do the whole song.

Yeah, and you must remember the writers have totally forgotten Tina exists, so they've probably blanked it.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just over a week....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we all know that Glee, The Music: The Christmas Album Volume 2 (How elaborate a title...) is out 15th November in the USA? Presumably not too long after in the UK etc. I know we discussed the track list a while back but its always good to know...

Roll on 1st November, its been long enough now. Although to be honest, the break hasnt been so bad this year. Last year those first few episode breaks were horrific and they werent anywhere near this long. Suppose we've got lots to look forward to and had a good run so far!

Also, has anyone else found themselves listening to the music from the show a lot less this year? I must have listened to 'You can't stop the beat' maybe 70 times but all the other tracks average around 20 or less which is pretty weak by the standard of previous series track lists...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    Did we all know that Glee, The Music: The Christmas Album Volume 2 (How elaborate a title...) is out 15th November in the USA? Presumably not too long after in the UK etc. I know we discussed the track list a while back but its always good to know...

Roll on 1st November, its been long enough now. Although to be honest, the break hasnt been so bad this year. Last year those first few episode breaks were horrific and they werent anywhere near this long. Suppose we've got lots to look forward to and had a good run so far!

Also, has anyone else found themselves listening to the music from the show a lot less this year? I must have listened to 'You can't stop the beat' maybe 70 times but all the other tracks average around 20 or less which is pretty weak by the standard of previous series track lists...

With season one I got slightly carried away with downloading the songs, season 2 I downloaded a little less but had still downloaded 4 songs from the first two episodes. This year I haven't downloaded anything yet - I've loved the songs in the context of the episodes but not quite enough to have them on my iPod.

I'm looking to forward to Glee coming back although none of the spoilers for 3x04 have really interested me - it's 3x05 I'm more excited for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My mind is racing!

Eugh...this song is awful plus too it would be pretty cliche.
    Yeah, and you must remember the writers have totally forgotten Tina exists, so they've probably blanked it.

LOL, sad but true. :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember when Dianna Agron wore 'Likes Girls' during the Glee tour and the fandom exploded? That actually has nothing to do with anything and is pure coincidence with the episode title being discussed lol

Haha! Did the fandom ever actually STOP exploding over that? If Ryan *did* have Quinn and Rachel kiss I think there would be a mass sex riot on tumblr.

And..
    http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lti832BJH21qzbvyyo1_500.jpg
    Just for the hell of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about the returning character
    Chord Overstreet Set to Return to the “GLEE” Club!!!
    by Glee on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 12:03pm

Multi-Episode Arc Begins this December

GLEE Returns with All-New Episodes Tuesday, November 1, on FOX

Chord Overstreet will return to GLEE’s McKinley High as underdog Sam Evans for a multi-episode arc beginning this December on FOX.

“We love Chord and have always said that we wanted him back,” said Ryan Murphy, executive producer and co-creator of GLEE. “So here's an early Christmas present for all the Gleeks—Sam is coming back to McKinley, and just in time for sectionals!”

"I had the best time on GLEE and couldn't be more excited to be returning,” Overstreet added.

Overstreet’s character was introduced last season as a transfer student at McKinley, discovered by then-football captain Finn Hudson (Corey Monteith) while singing Poison’s “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” in the locker room. Later in the season, Sam revealed that his dad had lost his job, and that his family was living in a motel. In Season Three’s premiere, viewers learned that Sam and his family had moved out of state.

GLEE returns with all-new episodes beginning Tuesday, Nov. 1 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. In the “Pot O’ Gold” episode, new foreign exchange student Rory Flanagan (guest star Damian McGinty) enrolls at McKinley and crashes with Brittany S. Pierce (Heather Morris), who thinks he’s a leprechaun. Meanwhile, Mercedes (Amber Riley) attempts to recruit new members to join Shelby Corcoran’s (guest star Idina Menzel) newly formed glee club; and Sue’s congressional campaign heats up.

GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers. Become a fan of GLEE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glee. Follow the series on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gleeonfox and join the conversation at #Glee.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/glee/chord-overstreet-set-to-return-to-the-glee-club/10150423955106789
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You keep me hanging on
    Its a mans mans world

Haha agreed!
    Looking forward to
    Sam's return
    Though I was wondering, I never really got what was meant to have happened between Sam and Mercedes - was glossed over to much I thought!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone is interested Kristin performing was on Dancing With The Stars last night :)

DWTS

I hope she's back on Glee soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've listened to 'You Can't Stop The Beat' and 'Run the World (Girls)' loads, but yeah, the other stuff not so much. I keep having to remind myself that we are only 3 episodes in though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've listened to 'You Can't Stop The Beat' and 'Run the World (Girls)' loads, but yeah, the other stuff not so much. I keep having to remind myself that we are only 3 episodes in though!

Pretty much the same with me.

I've listened to 'Run the World' the most (and i hated the original), 'We got the beat' and 'Spotlight'.

But there has been a lot less songs this year, last season there were 7/8 songs per episode and now we're only getting 3/4. It has made a difference in quality to the show so I'm not complaining.

Plus we're only three episodes in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last year i downloaded all the songs from every episode, this year I still haven't downloaded any :o

glad it's back next week though, it feels like it's been off so long even though it's only been a few weeks!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do They Know It's Christmas has leaked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYcBhcQC-EQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here's a list of who's singing what on the Christmas album
    1. All I Want For Christmas Is You Featuring Amber Riley (Mercedes)
    2. Extraordinary Merry Christmas Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Lea Michele (Rachel)
    3. Santa Baby Featuring Naya Rivera (Santana)
    4. Christmas Eve With You Featuring Jayma Mays (Emma) and Mathew Morrison (Will)
    5. Little Drummer Boy Featuring Kevin McHale (Artie)
    6. River Featuring Lea Michele (Rachel)
    7. Do You Hear What I Hear? Featuring Lindsay Pearce (Glee Project) and Alex Newell (Glee Project)
    8. Let It Snow Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Chris Colfer (Kurt)
    9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Featuring Mark Sailing (Puck), Cory Monteith (Finn) and Samuel Larsen (Glee Project)
    10. Christmas Wrapping Featuring Heather Morris (Brittany)
    11. Blue Christmas Featuring Damian McGinty (Rory)
    12. Do They Know It's Christmas Featuring Cory Monteith (Finn), Amber Riley (Mercedes), Lea Michele (Rachel), Chris Colfer (Kurt), Kevin McHale (Artie), Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Naya Rivera (Santana)
    I wasn't sure who could have done All I Want For Christmas justice so I'm glad to see it went to Amber. I'm also really happy Naya is singing Santa Baby.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Let It Snow is a Klaine duet - I'd seen so much speculation that they'd sing it as a follow up to BICO, way before it was even confirmed as being on the album. I hope it's just as amazing.
This discussion has been closed.