Options

Katy Perry divorces Russell Brand....with a smiley face.

M.D.N.AM.D.N.A Posts: 420
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... when Katy Perry grows up, she will realise how lucky she was to have an ex-husband who has behaved pretty well in the circumstances. Eg: in not exploiting Californian divorce law to claim half of KP's (un pre-nupped) fortune..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... when Katy Perry grows up, she will realise how lucky she was to have an ex-husband who has behaved pretty well in the circumstances. Eg: in not exploiting Californian divorce law to claim half of KP's (un pre-nupped) fortune..

This. He could of easily walked away with a huge sum of her money... But he chose not to. Hasn't sold any stories about her either. You would think having shown abit of class, she would do the same.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. He could of easily walked away with a huge sum of her money... But he chose not to. Hasn't sold any stories about her either. You would think having shown abit of class, she would do the same.

I'm certainly not keen on RB but he sure has proved himself to be the better person in this saga.

KP is a spoiled, selfish brat imho.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I can't stand RB but agreed, he's gone up in my estimation over how he's handled the divorce.

I don't like KP either.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

Though I'm sure some on here will still find a reason to slag him off over it.

The marriage and divorce have shown hjow they are at completely different stages off their lives and that's he is far too mature for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A smiley face and a heart on divorce papers shows how seriously she took her marriage.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. Now where are all those people who 'knew for a fact' that Russell would bleed her dry in a divorce? ;)

Decency will out. And class. And he's got both.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a signature or an autograph? We sure this is legit? Surely she'd have a "normal" signature for legal documents etc.?
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    Is that a signature or an autograph? We sure this is legit? Surely she'd have a "normal" signature for legal documents etc.?

It's legit.

Yes, a grown woman signed her divorce papers with a smiley face.

Stranger things have and will continue to happen.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Now where are all those people who 'knew for a fact' that Russell would bleed her dry in a divorce? ;)

You won't see them for dust!
  • Options
    COD-ZX3COD-ZX3 Posts: 32
    Forum Member

Decency and class? No! He was under pressure to behave. This is the same man who rang up that old guys on fawlty towers. RB is not a very nice person, I think it was karma.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How pathetic.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD-ZX3 wrote: »
    Decency and class? No! He was under pressure to behave. This is the same man who rang up that old guys on fawlty towers. RB is not a very nice person, I think it was karma.

Oh, for heaven's sake. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suspect it's less about decency, and more about how he looks to the American public.

His managers aren't stupid, he's hardly an established star yet, if he took a settlement from her he'd be known as the Brit who took Katy Perry for everything.

But it looks very crass that she's disrespected the end of her marriage by drawing a happy face on the legal documents.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One incident that was a joke that got out of hand and that he held his hands up for and took responsability for and, apart from that, no one that has had contact with him has a bad word to say about him. But, hey, let's carry on using one mistake as a stick to bash the guy with forever.

It's Cole and the toilet slap or Pricey and the sex tape all over again
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    One incident that was a joke that got out of hand and that he held his hands up for and took responsability for and, apart from that, no one that has had contact with him has a bad word to say about him. But, hey, let's carry on using one mistake as a stick to bash the guy with forever.

Well said Blondie.

I actually like Russell (though I wouldn't shag him unless I was the wrong side of a bottle of vodka:o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    repost
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

One incident? What about taking picture of the wife in the morning and posting on twitter? Go on excuse the clown :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One incident? What about taking picture of the wife in the morning and posting on twitter? Go on excuse the clown :rolleyes:

A pic of her in bed with no make up on?

Hang him I say!! :D;)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I suspect it's less about decency, and more about how he looks to the American public.

His managers aren't stupid, he's hardly an established star yet, if he took a settlement from her he'd be known as the Brit who took Katy Perry for everything.

But it looks very crass that she's disrespected the end of her marriage by drawing a happy face on the legal documents.

Not my impression of him based on his interviews, his past and his life philosophy. I doubt that money played any part in it. I honestly think he just realised there was no future in it and wanted a clean and amicable break. I think his own personal circumstances (being in recovery and wanting to protect and maintain that recovery) was his primary motivation. But jmo.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, she had no make up on, she wasn't naked and pleasuring herself with her electric toothbrush. Hardly the crime of the century - and she looked gorgeous as well.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shocking.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too am surprised at how RB is handling the situation, given his past and reputation. I do like them both, KP is a great singer and seems like a lovely person, if a tiny bit immature at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry on herself " I'm completely outrageous and I'll do anything for attention!". She then brings out "Ur so Gay", a fabulous use of language for a pop star whose sickly pop is aimed at teenagers, but she gets attention nevertheless. She explains this away by saying that the term wasn't used negatively, but that her ex "should have been gay". It was either because he wasn't attracted to her (ego problem) or that he looked or acted a certain way that she deemed should have determined who he liked to sleep with ( still stereotyping..) Her mouth moves and all I hear is "I am an idiot". Then we get "I kissed a girl", which she frankly says that she never kissed a girl but did the song to appeal to "girl on girl" fans. Brilliant, I'm amazed Katy Perry. She also compared her writings to that Anne Frank at one point, Ha-Ha!!
    Katy just seems to me like a girl that is chasing fame at any cost, and a girl that really doesn't seem to care how she gets that fame either. Russell Brand does not come across like that at all, I don't think for a second that he shares many of her viewpoints, and so I'm not really surprised that the marriage didn't last. She can squiggle smiley faces all over her divorce papers, I still think Russell's the one that's going to be smiling in the long term. I think that guy has more sense in his little finger than she has in her entire body.