Options

Rylan ? ? ? I just dont get it

Comments

• Options
    Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree about Rylan, but agree we definitely aren't getting to see enough of the others.

I like Rylan, but I'd be as interested if not more so to see what the people who were on my telly 15/20 years ago are up to in there!

I strongly agree with how little airtime the real celebs are getting. It's beyond a joke and has put me off watching this series.

Just give the others a chance is all I ask for.
  • Options
    occulta7occulta7 Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What talent has any presenter got? It's just about being liked by a good portion of the populus. I don't like him for his TOWIE-ness (that's why i initially thought I'd dislike him) - I just like him, find him funny and crucially - entertaining.

Not in a Judy Dench way - just a better than the usual tripe offerings on telly kind of way.

He admitted himself that he isn't a celeb - and he isn't really. A contestent from another competition show doesn't constitute a celeb to me.

But I do enjoy watching him. Not sure I'd call it a 'talent', but I wouldn't hit mute so much if he were in Brian's place - and probably laugh rather than grimace :D

Well each to his or her own I suppose but I think the show could at least stop revolving and focusing everything around him we may been denied viewing of what the other housemates have on offer due to rylan being the centre of almost all the tasks and happenings in the house ; dont buy the 'I'm not a celeb jibe' either its another way of him bending the truth to make himself look modest! he sure wants to be a celeb alright but if others with nothing of real substance have done it in the past he thinks why not have a go? make a few pounds then let the work and offers dry up
    its what usually happens rylan is not an enigma just another predictable talentless bore!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    J-J wrote: »
    If you are a fan of Rylan, why not try and explain why you like him?
    Hardly a fan(atic), and not a fan of campness as an entertainment in itself, but I find myself smiling fairly regularly at the way he expresses himself. Of course it's a performance with him, but I get the feeling it's a performance he maintains most of the day and night, in private as well as in public, and that's what we all tend to call our "personality." He seems pleasant at heart, overlaid of course with the camped up bitchiness, he's quite sharp and quick-witted, he looks striking ... that's about it. I'm not about to start up a fan club but I quite understand why the majority of the public likes him. He'd probably have won even without all the tasks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I feel like I want to like Rylan more than I do,I just can't watch him without it feeling like I'm watching Katie Price's long lost twin brother : (
  • Options
    Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    As has said before quite a number of folk have their names on their clothes. The trend has been around for a while now. It's nothing new :)

I don't know anyone or have ever seen anyone walk around with their name on their clothes apart from football tops. I live in London I see allsorts of people.

Do you have any exapmles?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Agree with that. He has an endearing quality that I like. Doesn't take himself too seriously, knows his limitations and doesn't try to be what he's not. Many folk like him and I don't really see the need to justify why we do like him.

I suspect any reason a fan of Rylan gives for liking him will be frowned up and commented on by those that don't.

It's just adding fuel to their fire and gives some people reasons to mock. I never understand that myself, if you like someone fine...........if don't that's fine too. You don't have to know the reasons why someone likes someone, you should just respect the fact that they do imo.

:)

He is great isn't he :) It's a joy to see someone who is so genuine, down to earth, and warm. He makes me laugh out loud ('on your face' - BBOTS with Jamie :D).

There are too many unreasonable haters out there (not just of Rylan, either). I think it's good for them to hear people who can explain why they're fans of his. Not to make others think the same, but to stop them being so OTT in their rules and regs of what is a celeb/talent/right/wrong etc.

He's getting blamed for having too much air time for example. It's true - he is. But it isn't his fault nor should it turn anyone against him. It's ok to not like him, but at least have decent reasons if you're going to attack his fans for liking him :D
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not young, I'm not dumb and I'm not mushy in the head. I like Rylan and I like Brian Dowling. However I don't like any of the Towie people and certainly not Brian Belo.

Likes and dislikes are weird, aren't they, almost out of one's control.........

xx
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    He is a talentless egocentric pr*ck. the sooner he disappears into the ether the better society will become. Dumbing down is too complicated a phrase when considering the impact fools like he have on the youth of today.

I have to hope he doesn't win this or anything else that involves his being displayed on television. He makes Alice lavine and Jamie east look like consummate professionals.

Give me normal people any day over Rylan and his ilk.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's a talentless attention seeking arse.

Post of the day :D
  • Options
    Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    How do people like him, i find him incredibly fake, are his fans young or just dumb? He has zero talent and from what i have seen a very immature and nasty personality so what is the attraction ?

Please explain :confused:

He's one of the reasons i'm not watching CBB this year.
    Catch up on the goss' via DS.
    Anyhoo, I expect the same ppl who voted for him on XF have loyally followed him to CBB,
    Can't be ar8ed with the fake/dumb/camp act that the likes of Towie and other 'reality' shows churn out.
    But being 'thick', camp, over dramatic and annoying seems to be the way to succeed these days.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know anyone or have ever seen anyone walk around with their name on their clothes apart from football tops. I live in London I see allsorts of people.

Do you have any exapmles?

Well around these parts where I live I've seen quite a number of people walking around in hoodie type tops with what I would assume is their own name on them.

I have not as of yet, actually asked them if that is their name or just a random name that they have on their clothes. Nor have I asked to take a photograph of them wearing said clothing as it never occurred to me I may have to prove it at some point. I don't intend to scour the countryside to see if their are other people displaying names on their clothing lol.

In the area where my grandchildren live I have seen it also.

Edit: and no their names weren't Addidas or Nike LOL!
  • Options
    Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do people like him, i find him incredibly fake, are his fans young or just dumb? He has zero talent and from what i have seen a very immature and nasty personality so what is the attraction ?

Please explain :confused:

I quite liked his delivery of the 'vive la revolution' line. He did display some comic timing there.

Basically, I hated Rylan on X-Factor because he was pretending to be something that he wasn't. As a personality on Big Brother I find him more entertaining than most of the others and I can't criticise him for trying to be something that he isn't.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly, I do fear for our society if he is held up as representative of what we aspire to :eek: :cry::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hocus2012 wrote: »
    I feel like I want to like Rylan more than I do,I just can't watch him without it feeling like I'm watching Katie Price's long lost twin brother : (

The amount of favouritism being shown to him annoys me but Katie Price, really??

Rylan has a certain charm and likeability about him that Katie Price could only dream of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is great isn't he :) It's a joy to see someone who is so genuine, down to earth, and warm. He makes me laugh out loud ('on your face' - BBOTS with Jamie :D).

There are too many unreasonable haters out there (not just of Rylan, either). I think it's good for them to hear people who can explain why they're fans of his. Not to make others think the same, but to stop them being so OTT in their rules and regs of what is a celeb/talent/right/wrong etc.

He's getting blamed for having too much air time for example. It's true - he is. But it isn't his fault nor should it turn anyone against him. It's ok to not like him, but at least have decent reasons if you're going to attack his fans for liking him :D

Exactly!!!! No need to nitpick just for the sake of it. If you don't like him fine, but to pick fault simply because he's breathing is ridiculous imo.

But, if you feel the need to post and have nothing constructive to say I suspect any old thing will do lol :)
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is what i think, but for some reason people like him? I need to know why?

Same reason as some people's favourite colour is blue, some red, some green. I don't understand why you can't seem to accept that people's tastes vary enormously.

I like Rylan and intensely dislike Speidi, but I wouldn't dream of expecting everyone to feel the same way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sasquatch wrote: »
    He is a talentless egocentric pr*ck. the sooner he disappears into the ether the better society will become. Dumbing down is too complicated a phrase when considering the impact fools like he have on the youth of today.I have to hope he doesn't win this or anything else that involves his being displayed on television. He makes Alice lavine and Jamie east look like consummate professionals.

A shame you chose to put what might have been a valid and important point across in such a way.

And as someone who clearly thinks they know what's 'wrong' with society (I suspect I'd agree with your notion), i'm surprised you aren't also insightful enough to realise that Rylan is a product of that very society.

People like you and I, who continue to watch shows like BB knowing full well that it glorifies and promotes these unhealthy ideals which we disagree with, are as much to blame as anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasquatch wrote: »
    He is a talentless egocentric pr*ck. the sooner he disappears into the ether the better society will become. Dumbing down is too complicated a phrase when considering the impact fools like he have on the youth of today.

I have to hope he doesn't win this or anything else that involves his being displayed on television. He makes Alice lavine and Jamie east look like consummate professionals.

and what would these normal people be?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly, I do fear for our society if he is held up as representative of what we aspire to :eek: :cry::D

Kind, funny, insightful, driven and genuine? Yes. Those are indeed terrible attributes to aspire to. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    Kind, funny, insightful, driven and genuine? Yes. Those are indeed terrible attributes to aspire to. :D

Exactly - I've yet to see someone who doesn't like Rylan also acknowledge that he does have some positive qualities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan looks like a badly drawn baddie from a Japanese cartoon. Just imagine him speaking Japanese :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    redex wrote: »
    Rylan looks like a badly drawn baddie from a Japanese cartoon. Just imagine him speaking Japanese :D

Alan Carr isn't pretty but he is prime time :D

(That's not to say I watch his show mind....!)

What's looks got to do with it eh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, he chose to have his face hair looking like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redex wrote: »
    Er, he chose to have his face hair looking like that.

I choose to look the way I do, you may not like it either.

(I don't mean facial hair btw) LOL!

*waits for Jackie to step in LOL! ;)
  • Options
    Chief KegwinChief Kegwin Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charismatic is the right word, at his core he seems like a good lad, there`s a bit more too him than just some stereotype.