Options

Please don't let Jim win!

Comments

• Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree.Also Jim explained he called off the show in Plymouth because it involved alot of audience participation from the front row which mainly included making fun of them.

Yes I've looked into it and have mixed feelings - I believe that his motives were that he makes fun of the first row, and if that was the disabled, he'd look too much of a bully. He asked them to move and he said one woman wouldn't - but there are other audience members saying they'd have been happy to stay there, why should they move?. At this point it would have been wise to drop it, if he was worried about upsetting the disabled...

But ultimately he apparently stopped the show after 15 minutes. I can't see why he couldn't have changed his act, instead of blaming others. The show must go on and all that. So I don't think it's as simple as 'he refused to perform to the disabled because he hates them' - but it's hard to defend him cancelling the show under the circumstances, even according to his version of events.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    A racist, homophobic right wing warmonger? :o
    Great isn't he ;-)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should Jim not win OP? He actually contributes to the series. Much more so than Sam or Ollie. He is well liked and has done great work for the Armed Forces.

Jim has come across well since Day 1.
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, if not him, who? His critics never seem to have a better winner to suggest.
  • Options
    PiperRoXPiperRoX Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women are so pathetic sometimes. I hate it! We seem to love our oppression. It is absolutely ridiculous. Same thing happened with that twit Dappy. The women absolutely LOVED being told that they were not equal to men. Loved the double standard. Not really feeling all that good about being a woman right now. It is so depressing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Well this thread hasn't gone to the op wishes

Brilliant
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's my winner on the basis of tonight's quote

'Do we have to get in a facking queue to argue with you'

His patience in not having an outburst against Luisa is remarkable.

100% AGREE i said it on the quotes of the series thread too

that was just a classic for me and i too would like Jim to win

all the moans about him not being himself can be said for everyone in there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    treetree wrote: »
    100% AGREE i said it on the quotes of the series thread too

that was just a classic for me and i too would like Jim to win

all the moans about him not being himself can be said for everyone in there

Is he not being himself or is he not living up to their prejudices of what they think he is like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Jim Davidson is no saint, but he's coming across well on CBB and he is behaving better than anyone else in there. I've also seen 0 evidence of this "male chauvinist pig" BS. I'm glad the public have got it right this year.
  • Options
    TendaraTendara Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    He is my winner too.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't in his 20s when he launched the homophobic attack on Brian Dowling in Hell's Kitchen, nor was he in his 20s when he cancelled a show in Plymouth because he didn't want wheelchair users in the front row. Or for that matter when he made disgusting jokes about paralympic medal winners.

Or, indeed, when he beat his ex wife into submission.
    Well said.If he did politicaly correct comedy the guy would be revered.But because he comes from the time of Un-PC humour and he's refused to move with the times,people focus on that.

Yep, that pesky PC brigade eh? Not tolerating misogyny, racism, homophobia. Let's just call black people 'n******s', gays 'shirtlifters' and treat women like shit - they just deserve it. It's so FUNNY isn't it?
    sandy50 wrote: »
    if you read the thread my post that you are replying to above was in response to a post about someone making mistakes in their 20s and have changed a lot since then !! Even so, it's incredible people dig up the same old stuff to blacken someones personality - god help anyone you know from the past who changes behaviour and opinion for the better and comes across you.

Either way Jim's known for his non pc ways, why the shock !it's a generational thing, and intolerance is one of those things. He's been ok on CBB, so that's what counts right now, not all the past garbage, they've all done things they shouldn't have Jim's no exception

It may well be a generational thing, but that doesn't make it acceptable.
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, that pesky PC brigade eh? Not tolerating misogyny, racism, homophobia. Let's just call black people 'n******s', gays 'shirtlifters' and treat women like shit - they just deserve it. It's so FUNNY isn't it?

no it isnt acceptable BUT he in this show he isn't doing what people know of what he DID and thats wrong too according to some

a case of for some damned if he does and damned if he doesnt

personally for me i'll take Jim on this showing and i would like him above others to win
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Is he not being himself or is he not living up to their prejudices of what they think he is like?

What is 'himself' exactly? How he was or how he is?

It is possible to change, or at least try to.

Life also changes you, I am not the same person I was a year ago, life events have a dramatic effect on you, particularly as you get older.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    jim will lose any goodwill by some massive outburst at the whole house at some stage.not only will he not win i expect him to have been voted out before the end
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    jim will lose any goodwill by some massive outburst at the whole house at some stage.not only will he not win i expect him to have been voted out before the end

Sounds like you really want that to happen. For him I hope he maintains himself and lets everything wash over him.

He's come a long way and has worked hard on himself and kept himself in check when under attack from Luisa and Linda and Jasmine. That in itself should afford him the opportunity of winning.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    He's my winner. :D

And mine :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    mrblank wrote: »

That is not going to happen no matter how much you wish it to. He has been the only one to argue valid points without losing it *cough* Lionel/Luisa/Jas/Lee/Dappy.....
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Really? Is he a worthy winner? .....

Agreed - horrid man IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    What made me rage was the way Nolan complained about him talking over people then 1 or 2 days later Luisa did exactly the same thing to him. Der! Mental note - you can't complain or bitch about people then do exactly the same thing yourselves. When Jim mentioned this the females came out with some BS excuse - you take too long to explain. Absolute garbage. I know; we'll give it to one of the lying, devious, manipulating, narcissists shall we? He's the best of a bad bunch
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As long as he doesn't do any of the above in the House, he is a reformed character apparently...
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legend. Won't win but will come in top 4.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    As long as he doesn't do any of the above in the House, he is a reformed character apparently...

So what would he have to do to prove he's a reformed character?

I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, until I'm proven wrong.

I'd really dislike anyone to keep harping on about my past misdemeanours and not give me a second chance.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PiperRoX wrote: »
    Women are so pathetic sometimes. I hate it! We seem to love our oppression. It is absolutely ridiculous. Same thing happened with that twit Dappy. The women absolutely LOVED being told that they were not equal to men. Loved the double standard. Not really feeling all that good about being a woman right now. It is so depressing.
    I don't think women 'loved' being told they were not equal to men by Dappy. I am not sure whether you mean inside the house - where no one backed him - or on here - where no one backed him, other than by suggesting that Luisa had also behaved really unpleasantly, which she did.
    He has said himself that he is nothing like himself in there. Was he lying? I don't think so. I think he is a man with a very, very short fuse (in fact almost legendarily rude), and in the real world he would not tolerate any of them for an instant. I should think his tongue will be in shreds by the end with all the biting it has had.

All of them would like to win, but I think it would have special importance for him. He hasn't really had any new work for ages and ages, and he's too young to want to retire and grow dahlias. For all that he keeps saying he is in hell and wants to die if he stays any longer, I think he would like to win it more than any of them. If that means biting his tongue every minute of every day, he will probably manage it well enough.
    treetree wrote: »
    no it isnt acceptable BUT he in this show he isn't doing what people know of what he DID and thats wrong too according to some
    He's hardly likely to make the kind of joke that got him chucked off hells kitchen, is he?

exidor wrote: »
    What made me rage was the way Nolan complained about him talking over people then 1 or 2 days later Luisa did exactly the same thing to him.

:confused: So "Nolan" (who obviously doesn't deserve the courtesy of a name) said he talked over people, then Luisa talked over him? No wonder you raged, what with Linda and Luisa being the same person.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I hope Jim wins. Whether he's being himself or not he is entertaining me. No-one else has made me laugh. Not once. Lee Ryan with his tongue down a girl's throat, again, isn't what I want to watch. Linda doesn't seen to to anything but diss Jim. Liz and Sam do nothing at all. Luisa storming round looking for a fight. The toddler that is Dappy is a complete bore. I like someone who is genuinely funny. That is Jim.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    If he could see Lionel off I would be happy. I don't really think Jim is that bothered, he knows now that a lot of the GBP still like him. I doubt I would still be watching if Jim wasn't there... I just love his sense of humour. He is great at winding them up especially Mrs glum. (Linda)