Ipad to Tv

Can anyone recommend a decent lead/cable please.

Comments

• victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never tried to use a cable, best way by far is to use the AppleTV which streams beautifully.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Apple Tv is the best way.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it free? I have seen 99 quid mentioned.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it free? I have seen 99 quid mentioned.
    I wish it was free nope it is £99. Have you thought about getting a chromcast for £30 with (£5 google play voucher included)with the plex app it is an excellent little device and saved me from buying an Apple TV.

I can put YouTube, websites and videos, ipad videos and photos on my tv using chromecast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Is it not better to buy a cable for less than the 99 quid, or am I missing something?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. Is it not better to buy a cable for less than the 99 quid, or am I missing something?

The official Apple cable will cost £35. You can get cheap 3rd party ones, but they don't always work properly.

AppleTV3 can be got for £89 refurbished, and offers a much better experience, plus you don't have the trailing cables.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

I connect mine using the Apple VGA adaptor and a VGA cable. Works perfect with Youtube and iPlayer.

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/38-4763?gclid=CKLEkeOV770CFXMRtAodm2QANw
  • GRCGRC Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Chromecast recommendation again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again, people.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjBIced_30

Watch that video will give you a brief tour of the Apple TV and show you how it works with the ipad and iphone. It's a bit out of date as they are running ios 6 in the video but gives you the idea. I have 3 apple tvs in the house and it's a great system. Better than having trailing cables.