Options

2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the Radio Times speculation and truth rating article:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-06-24/who-is-going-to-be-in-strictly-come-dancing-2014

Not Mark Wright or Michelle Keegan, I would like to see Diane Abbott on it for a laugh! :D

She might come across as a laugh on This Week (apart from when Andrew Neil questioned her about sending her son to a private school when she was running for Labour Leader) but she's a stuck up miserable cow who never laughs or talks to you in real life - she's my MP, and there's many tales I could tell of meeting her, and gossip I've heard from House of Commons insiders. ;-)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I had enough last year with the producers turning it into the Abbey Clancey show with guest appearances from Peter Crouch!
    I thought that it was more the Natalie Gumede show with guest appearances from her various medical issues.

:D
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see Johnny (sp) Wilkinson now that he's retired from Rugby.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Radio Times are saying- "A source told The Daily Mail: "The final line-up is due to be announced in four weeks’ time and Judy is a long way down in talks to appear on it."".

First of all, that can't be right due to 4 weeks time being the end of July and we've never had a line-up that early, and secondly does "a long way down in talks" mean she's in final talks or she's towards the end of the list?
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Judy Murray is in, will her partner be Amelie Mauresmo
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see Johnny (sp) Wilkinson now that he's retired from Rugby.

Wilkinson is publicity-shy; it would be a surprise if he ever signs up for Strictly.

Scottish rugby player, Sean Lamont, or former player, Thom Evans, would do nicely though.;-)
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times are saying- "A source told The Daily Mail: "The final line-up is due to be announced in four weeks’ time and Judy is a long way down in talks to appear on it."".

First of all, that can't be right due to 4 weeks time being the end of July and we've never had a line-up that early, and secondly does "a long way down in talks" mean she's in final talks or she's towards the end of the list?

Per : Fiona Fullerton's Telegraph diary even she wasn't told she was a contestant until August 1st. If they're announcing to the public in the middle of July it'll be a major change of pace. Also a bit silly. So I'll presume they're not, for the time being.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I thought that it was more the Natalie Gumede show with guest appearances from her various medical issues.

Which hardly painted Natalie in a flattering light. The producers had no interest in wanting her to win - she was out of contention from the offset with the media constantly vilifying her for her training.

So I maintain it was turned into the 'Abbey Clancey show with Peter Crouch and her adoring judges' which I suppose is fine for anyone who admires her type of 'celebrity', childish personality and overrated dancing but I didn't!
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    Now that Rebekah Brooks has been found not guilty, Strictly should sign her up alongside Kemp, making them the first divorcees to appear on the show!:p

I have a feeling Luis Suarez might be at a loose end come September :D:D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    I have a feeling Luis Suarez might be at a loose end come September :D:D

Hope to god they don't go down the same sex couple route and pair him with Brendan, he'd never be able to resist another Dracula themed paso
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Jake2008 wrote: »
    Didn't Myleene Klass say on loose women a couple of weeks ago how she's been asked a couple of times and looked at the audience saying "Shall I give it a go?" I am sure she would be massively popular (need I state the sarcasm)

She would be too much like Kelly Brook, not the contestant that would do well on these forums (a very confident glamorous woman). Mind you, I actually like her much better then Brook (both are born in the same year, by the way).

Would certainly like to see her dance (can you imagine the raunchy latin routines :blush:), but she would be out early on (unless she has an Abbey journey) so what would be the point?

Jake2008 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Mark and Michelle at all, would certainly broaden the younger audience as well especially with the nations "sweetheart" returning on that ITV singing show, I can already envisage the Cheryl vs Michelle wars in the Daily Mail

But the suggested pairing of Michelle with Pasha (in this thread) is very unlikely, as Pasha still hasn't had a female celebrity over the age of 30 (which is quite puzzling, as usually there are about 5 or 6 of those in the series).

Personally, as a foreigner, I hope for some female names that are known to me also (we only get the BBC over here) and not just from ITV soaps or ITV/Channel4/Channel5 shows. Last year was very good for me, with only Natalie as a virtual unknown for me (ok, and Fiona, but that goes for you Brits also).
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Putting in my yearly plea for Goran Ivanisevic - please Beeb, this year, please (and pair him with the Goddess that is St. Natalie please, no 'hilarious' tall man/short woman partnership please)
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross Kemp mentioned on tonight's One Show that he has been asked a few times to take part in Strictly and would jump at the chance to do it one year if his busy schedule would only allow it.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting in my yearly plea for Goran Ivanisevic - please Beeb, this year, please (and pair him with the Goddess that is St. Natalie please, no 'hilarious' tall man/short woman partnership please)

Not that I'd mind Goran, but tennis players have such a terrible track record on Strictly/DWTS, and I wouldn't want that for dear Natalie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    Ross Kemp mentioned on tonight's One Show that he has been asked a few times to take part in Strictly and would jump at the chance to do it one year if his busy schedule would only allow it.

Hasn't his current docu series ended? He could be in.

Watching Mr & Mrs, Paul Ince could be good- and it's been a while since we had a footballer.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as we're talking about tennis, there's also Anne Keothavong. Recently retired, working for the BBC at Wimbledon, fills an asian demographic without being bollywood.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Revealing the line-up in 4 weeks?! Are they doing a much earlier series this year? Who knows...

The Apprentice will probably be on from October till December, so perhaps they want to spread two of their staple shows out a bit?

I wouldn't mind if the series was earlier... Having strictly end just before Christmas very much adds to my post-Christmas blues!
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Here's my suggested cast

Men

Russ Kane comedian
    Daley Thompson Olympic champion
    Amir khan boxer
    Bradley Walsh comedian
    Tomas schafnaker weatherman
    Max George popster
    Johnny peacock paraolympian

Women
    Jennifer falconer presenter
    Lorraine Pasquale chef
    Samantha Womack actress
    Rustie lee tv chef
    Sheri Hewson actress
    Faye Tozier pop star
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    If I was a betting man, I'd say Mel Giedroyc will be foxtrotting her way to glory this year.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Revealing the line-up in 4 weeks?! Are they doing a much earlier series this year? Who knows...

Short answer - no.

Longer answer - no. An important lesson to learn in life is to never trust anything the Daily Hei... sorry, Mail, say, especially since an earlier series would most likely see a clash with the Beeb's upcoming gymnastics show Tumble. And anyway, The Apprentice aired at the same time as Strictly in 2010, and didn't do either show any harm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, fair enough, Luke. How could the Daily Mail get that so spectacularly wrong though? I know they're bad, but I didn't think they were so bad that they'd tell us the cast would be revealed in 4 weeks when actually, it's about 10!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Ok, fair enough, Luke. How could the Daily Mail get that so spectacularly wrong though? I know they're bad, but I didn't think they were so bad that they'd tell us the cast would be revealed in 4 weeks when actually, it's about 10!

I wouldn't bother questioning anything they write. Just take it all as fiction until you see it in a more credible source. ;) (which, strangely, is more often than not The Sun in this case)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, nevermind haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Re-reading what they said, I think it means the line-up will be finalised internally in 4 weeks- which is to be expected, really, when you consider dresses have to start being made in August.
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why Carl Froch did stepping out on ITV would of loved to have seen him on strictly