Options

Glee (US Pace) (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
jill1812 wrote: »
One of Glee's strengths is no-one is one-dimensional or just a stereotype. If you look on the surface everyone is a stereotype, pretty cheerleader, bitch, dumb blonde, dumb jock, bully, gay, diva, shy, disabled, but everyone has been given more about them than that.

This thread is a continuation of: Glee (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wowzas! Part 3 everyone :)

I can't stop thinking about the trailer for the Prom episode. So excited :D:o
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't stopped listening to RiTD since it was released, once you get used to the chorus it just gets better and better imo. Shame I have to wait an extra 3 days to watch the Prom ep, it was one I was most looking forward to since the break as well :(.

Never been a fan of the part divides, I know some see it as an achievement, but to me, it just makes it difficult to look at past posts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Wow part 3!
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh part 3! 4 more days to go until we can see the prom episode in the UK :D
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never like to listen to the music beforehand, not sure why, I'm a complete spoiler **** with plot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 3?! I concur! Awesome!
    Kinda makes sense Jill, plus a lot of songs are better in context within the show or once you have that mental image when you hear them.

Personally I used to have a policy where I wouldn't list to certain ones, I didn't listen to the Madonna tracks or the regional medley until after the UK premier! That was a nightmare.

I MIGHT tryto avoid the 3 original songs from the volume 6 album but that's a big might :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never used to care about listening to the music previews until the Madonna episode although I still don't listen to them for every episode. I listen to the full previews for the songs I'm really excited for but usually only the 30 second ones if I'm not too bothered.

The problem is if I love one of the previews I'll replay it over and over which can lessen the effect it has on the show - some of the most memorable, brilliant and emotional performances of the show are ones of songs which I had barely (if at all) listened to beforehand and I think part of their impact was because they weren't expected. I also hate it if I'm looking forward to a certain part of the song and it gets cut, especially if it's sung by a character who doesn't get to sing much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never listen to the song previews. I only did this week and a couple of weeks ago because I was intrigued to see what they did with Adele's tracks, as I'm a big fan of hers. While I was there this week I listened to Jar of Hearts because I'd never heard it before. And now I have a new favourite song! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly OT but

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk1/13415s_a.gif

Is the Grey bit behind block B2 an extra bit of stage? Would make me uber uber happy since I'm in block 105!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure but when I want to a stadium (not sure what you call them here :p) that was where they sorted all the lighting/camera angles out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark_E wrote: »
    Slightly OT but

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk1/13415s_a.gif

Is the Grey bit behind block B2 an extra bit of stage? Would make me uber uber happy since I'm in block 105!!

Maybe but it's more likely to be the mixing deck where the crew control all the stuff that goes along with the show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep watching the promo and
    I just can't work out why Quinn slaps Rachel. I mean I don't see it being over prom queen what with that going to Kurt and all she wouldn't blame Rachel. I can only assume that Finn breaks up with her because he can't bare to watch Jesse and Rachel, are Fuinn still together in funeral? I thought they'd be the couple to die in that but.. Because Rachel looks sort of like she's apologising for something in the clip, or at least remorseful. And Quinns really upset. Maybe she was trying to comfort her and it turns into more of a fight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't work out why Quinn slaps Rachel. I mean I don't see it being over prom queen what with that going to Kurt and all she wouldn't blame Rachel. I can only assume that Finn breaks up with her because he can't bare to watch Jesse and Rachel, are Fuinn still together in funeral? I thought they'd be the couple to die in that but.. Because Rachel looks sort of like she's apologising for something in the clip, or at least remorseful. And Quinns really upset. Maybe she was trying to comfort her and it turns into more of a fight?

It'll be everything in that episode that pushes her over the edge...
    The Kurt Prom Queen thing is meant to be a prank, Quinn is becoming more unhinged over the Prom Queen thing, she REALLY seems to want it with the trying on of tiaras and the stepping up to Lauren, it's just like when she wanted to be a cheerio again. So yeah, the combo of losing Prom Queen for a joke, plus Jesse and Finn apparently kicking off, presumably Quinn blames Rachel for causing the fight, for leading Finn astray and maybe Quinn thinks that because Finn was doubting their relationship (because of Rachel) that it is Rachels fault...

Only a few days until we find out for real! :D
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit off-topic but does anyone know where I can find a specific picture of Will Schuester/Matthew Morrison? All I know is that the picture is him wearing a blue top and he has his hands in his pockets, and you can find it on the Glee - Season 1 - Volume 1 DVD, in the Full Length Auditions special feature, just would want a better quality pic on the internet.

Thanks if you can help :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably because Quinn is a bitch. Does she really need to do anything else to prove that? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "So what are you doing for Prom" http://bit.ly/m361GS

It's a sneak peak so *spoilers*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    "So what are you doing for Prom" http://bit.ly/m361GS

It's a sneak peak so *spoilers*

Thats awesome (and my one sneak peak for this weeks episode, gargh!)...it goes a bit of a way to explain why he did what he did so it kinda makes sense...for Glee anyway
    "For a first, maybe..." lol Oh Jesse, you truely are the MaleBerry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DAMN Jesse is hot! I ship Rachel with him waaaaaaaaay more than with Finn. St Berry all the way
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    Thats awesome (and my one sneak peak for this weeks episode, gargh!)...it goes a bit of a way to explain why he did what he did so it kinda makes sense...for Glee anyway

He really is, it's why they make a brilliant couple, they won't try to change each other unlike Finn and Rachel.
    Would love him to return next season on a more recurring basis, not permanent there are too many main characters as it is. I would love them to be a couple again or at least good friends.
    Really shouldn't have watched the clip, it's made the extra 3 day wait a lot harder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be everything in that episode that pushes her over the edge...
    The Kurt Prom Queen thing is meant to be a prank, Quinn is becoming more unhinged over the Prom Queen thing, she REALLY seems to want it with the trying on of tiaras and the stepping up to Lauren, it's just like when she wanted to be a cheerio again. So yeah, the combo of losing Prom Queen for a joke, plus Jesse and Finn apparently kicking off, presumably Quinn blames Rachel for causing the fight, for leading Finn astray and maybe Quinn thinks that because Finn was doubting their relationship (because of Rachel) that it is Rachels fault...

Only a few days until we find out for real! :D

Probably! Yay!!! :D
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Probably because Quinn is a bitch. Does she really need to do anything else to prove that? :D

Zip it you! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to announce to my fellow Gleeks here at DS...I've fallen in love with Mr. Jonathan Groff...

I hope you can all be very happy for me lol

What is it with people on Glee lately! Between Kurt and Jesse...is where I'd like to be! :o:D lol but no seriously, something looks totally different about him this series? It's odd.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to announce to my fellow Gleeks here at DS...I've fallen in love with Mr. Jonathan Groff...

What is it with people on Glee lately! Between Kurt and Jesse...is where I'd like to be! :o:D lol but no seriously, something looks totally different about him this series? It's odd.

He looks strangely like he's had highlights? I thought so anyway, and he looks a lot older.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm in love with Chord Overstreet, my ipod/phone's covered in him :o

His hair's shorter.. I think it makes his face look chubbier (in a nice way). He also does look like he's had highlights as revans said (:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably! Yay!!! :D

Zip it you! :p:D

Tee hee, sorry. Couldn't resist :o
This discussion has been closed.