Options

What's your take on Becky?

Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
Forum Member
Out of all the talent shows i've seen I reckon Becky is one of the most interesting characters, completely unpredictable and really splits opinion.

Although people seem to love her voice her personality/mannerisms just don't go down well. She seems to be getting diagnosed by people all over the place, i've seen people saying she's got ADHD, autism, bipolar.

Do you guys like her? Do you think she has a chance of winning if she stays acting herself?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum psychiatric diagnostics are a bit like plastic bananas, fun to hit someone over the head with but should never really be taken seriously.

I think she's full of energy, vaguely out of control and a good deal of fun. She doesn't filter. Oh and she sings pretty good too.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I don't like her voice and unless she ups her game I can't see me picking up the phone for her. Out of the contestants who are left both Becky and Leanne are my least favourites. I can't believe I'm going to say this but, I find that I prefer Vince to either of those two. :eek:
  • Options
    JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love everything about Becky.

As for your last question this week is very important for her song choice is crusial she needs a ballad and knock it out of park.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I think she's fantastic. I love her voice and sit wide eyed when she's on waiting to see what she's going to do next. She's a bit giddy but thats exactly what I would expect someone getting their first chance at performing in front of millions on tv and a large live audience.

I love Bo's voice....but the thing she is missing is the spark that Becky has, she's too cool for school, probably because she's been a professional singer and is more accustomed to doing what she does. Becky is just wearing her heart on her sleeve imo rather than being whatever the forum psychs claim about her.

Sadly I don't think she'll win as people will probably go for the more subdued, but brilliant, Bo and I wouldn't have a problem with that tbh. I would, however, love to see her reaction should she win.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I don't like her in any sense, her voice or personality.

You know when a football fan says "Who are ya? Who are ya?", she sounds like that but singing and her personality is just... ugh. VERY bad attitude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I love Becky voice and her personality! can't wait to see what she does next week! :)
  • Options
    CassieCassie Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a big fat no for me. I might be able to listen briefly to her but if I see her singing I want to slap her. I can't see her growing on me either
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adoration :)

Clearly she's about as divisive as Cher Lloyd - nothing much in common between them except youth and irrepressible personalities, but even so I'm suspecting they may attract and repel quite similar constituencies. I can't see her winning but I'll not be surprised if she has more of a music career ahead of her than the winner whoever it may be.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I don't like her in any sense, her voice or personality.

You know when a football fan says "Who are ya? Who are ya?", she sounds like that but singing and her personality is just... ugh. VERY bad attitude.

haha, yes that sums her up so well. Cant stand her singing and just irritates me personality wise. I just cant see the attraction at all and how she got this far is a mystery to me, I suppose she makes for good TV... maybe.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she could have a career if she don't f.eck it up now, the issue with these programmes is that you get to see more personality than talent and that's not always a good thing.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I love Becky voice and her personality! can't wait to see what she does next week! :)

Me too. I think she is one of the more interesting people in the show voice and personality wise. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, amazing voice. I didn't know people were diagnosing her, that's a bit extreme! She's just a normal teenager! :D

I think Becky's great but this really made me laugh! I kind of see what you mean!

I like grittier voices like hers though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great entertainment when she is on the TV. But other than that, she doesn't do much for me.

But I like the way she comes across and I wish her all the best :)
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her. She has a really emotional personality, but she seems a really nice girl. I've said it on another thread, but I think it speaks volumes that when Vince won the public vote her instant reaction was to shriek with joy and throw her arms round him.

Don't get me wrong; I'm sure she can be moody and difficult at times, but I think she's generally nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    She's good, she miles better then Vince imo who just bores me to tears, hope she makes the final
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didnt rate her that much as she didnt do it for me.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Becky :)
    Would like to see her & VInce in the final but I would prefer Becky to be The Highlander ;)
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I like Becky, she seems crazy on the show but the few tracks she has available that she's done with a band show a more calmer rock rock based side to her, take this track for example (Relentless) that's just thrown together by an amateur band, imagine if that track was given full treatment on The Voice, she could knock it out of the park.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    It is hard not to feel a little worried for her. She seems a bit wild and in need of reigning in a bit. Jessie wasn't the right coach for her. I think she needed Tom to be her coach.
    Tom Jones was right when he said that her voice is very special if she can learn to use it properly and improve her diction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    If she could learn to stop giving every note 110% and improve her diction she would be a lot better. But you could say that about a few of them in this show. Personally I prefer a more soulful sound so she doesn't do it for me.

As for her personality, she is just a typical annoying 17yr old girl. I try to avoid them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did whoever styled her on Sat dislike her or summit :eek:

I think she does have a talent, but oh boy would I not like to the one coaching it out of her or managing her. She would redefine the word Deva if she won.
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her, she knows how to put on a show, but I do think she's overrated and not as good as she thinks she is.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she makes me sit up and take notice. In a sea of mediocrity, that's a great quality.
  • Options
    JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky really needs a ballad this week, Jessie hinted she might have one in the comments "next week we will slow it down".
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice isn't anything massively special, but I do like it. As for Becky herself? Don't like her :( Awful personality! Might go as far as saying she has the worst attitude of the whole lot!

I would probably vote for her (after voting for Max of course ;)) if she just sang, then walked off and didn't speak :p