Former TV star John Leslie returns to broadcasting

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    He must be desperate to be joining that station. It doesn't have a great history. Ironic that his brother is on Forth One and John's joined a station trying to be a poor man's Forth Three. Good luck to him, he'll need it.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the same age as me and used to go out with a girl I was friendly with back in the early 80s when he was a DJ at a roller disco in town. He was a creep and none of the rest of us liked him, she ended up finishing the relationship because she said he was very "rough" and it was unpleasant and uncomfortable when they got intimate. I've encountered him several times over the years and he's neverappeared to have got any nicer or more understanding when it comes to male/female relationships. I think he's just a "take what I can get" type of guy.

At the height of his fame I've seen him surrounded by slavering women and I can understand how he would have a distorted view of women, but that doesn't excuse some of his behaviour.

His brother Grant is absolutely lovely, it's a shame John isn't a bit more like him.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the same age as me and used to go out with a girl I was friendly with back in the early 80s when he was a DJ at a roller disco in town. He was a creep and none of the rest of us liked him, she ended up finishing the relationship because she said he was very "rough" and it was unpleasant and uncomfortable when they got intimate. I've encountered him several times over the years and he's neverappeared to have got any nicer or more understanding when it comes to male/female relationships. I think he's just a "take what I can get" type of guy.

At the height of his fame I've seen him surrounded by slavering women and I can understand how he would have a distorted view of women, but that doesn't excuse some of his behaviour.
    His brother Grant is absolutely lovely, it's a shame John isn't a bit more like him.

It still doesn't make him a rapist though.
  • fluffsta007fluffsta007 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I was at a party John Leslie was also at in the late 90's. He was a drunk leech towards some girls all night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still doesn't make him a rapist though.

That's absolutely true, I respect that. But the accusation never came as a surprise to me, having witnessed his behaviour first hand.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's absolutely true, I respect that. But the accusation never came as a surprise to me, having witnessed his behaviour first hand.

Met him did you? Did he try it on with you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Met him did you? Did he try it on with you?

I've met him several times, and as explained in my post above he went out with a good friend of mine in the early 80s. He was a sleaze back then and I doubt he's changed much in the intervening years.