Options

Bbbots - Total Disgrace

klawklaw Posts: 1,600
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Look, people pay money to vote for this silly competition. It's not that hard to try and keep things impartial. Week after week they show clear bias - usually anti-Jim, but previous series have had their clear biases too - and tonight's was the worst I've ever seen. There are several threads about it already, but what can we do? Just not watch? It's not fair that BB cannot produce a fair show that analyses the events and instead just turns everything into 'you couldn't make it up/they're not even pretending any more' hatefest against one HM - one who is actually very popular as the crowd proved - and were promptly, obviously, silenced.

It has the opposite effect and strengthens in this case Jim's support, but it shouldn't work that way. And bias apart, it's just shoddy, everything is chucked together and why bother having guests that are relatives of the HMs, we know what they are going to say, and usually they aren't 'good at telly' either.

Maybe this is going too far, but as people are paying money to vote, don't they have a duty to try and be impartial - so OFCOM? Complain to Channel 5? I am enjoying this series, don't like the lack of live feed, and we are forced to speculate that someone is getting a bad/good edit, as they may be. But the utterly obvious bias if BBBOTS cannot be excused, and I reckon fairness aside, Ch5 are getting a fraction of the viewers they could get if they replaced it with something decent.

Comments

• Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought in a million years that a BOTS audience would be the voice of reason, as it was tonight. Worst BOTS episode ever.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it the anti-Jim stuff that's keeping him in, though? That's how Aaron won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim Jong-un's got nothing on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think it's backfiring but it still leaves a terrible taste in the mouth as they obviously lie to us, and some rabid monkeys could make a better show.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Jim is getting a lot of sympathy votes.

If the animosity between Linda, Luisa & himself were to end tomorrow, he would lose a lot of these votes.

BBOTS alleged agenda is only antagonizing his supporters even more, which leads to them voting for him more, which gives him an even better chance of winning.

If you want Jim to win, then the more it carries on the better.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on tonight's clips on YouTube, Jim is going to gain even more support tomorrow. In a weird way they are doing him a favour.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Did we need another thread? There are at least another two on the go saying exactly this.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    klaw wrote: »
    Yes, I think it's backfiring but it still leaves a terrible taste in the mouth as they obviously lie to us, and some rabid monkeys could make a better show.

Yes, I agree. It's definitely backfiring. As much as it sticks in my throat - it's having the reverse effect. :)
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Your definition of disgrace is different to mine. it's a commentary on an entertainment show that doesn't mean anything. It has opinions that you can either agree or disagree with, but that have no impact on anything important either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on Ch5 comment section, re negative comments about linda, and how they should be read out for balance

''No Comment from above will be read out on BBBOTS as its the same old people on the show. All I ever get told is they are fully booked''

So we get that dumb rentamob, same old faces, but they are turning people away saying its fully booked? Why on earth are the same people somehow at the front of the queue time and time again?
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to be the forum rep.

Appear in the audience, I would give honest opinions taken from these boards, I wouldn't be biased, like I say I judge on the show, not the past.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klaw wrote: »
    Maybe this is going too far, but as people are paying money to vote, don't they have a duty to try and be impartial - so OFCOM? Complain to Channel 5? I am enjoying this series, don't like the lack of live feed, and we are forced to speculate that someone is getting a bad/good edit, as they may be. But the utterly obvious bias if BBBOTS cannot be excused, and I reckon fairness aside, Ch5 are getting a fraction of the viewers they could get if they replaced it with something decent.

OFCOM, really? Even by BB standards that's a laughable suggestion. What are you going to say? The presenters don't like my favourite housemate so I'm complaining about it? Whether the team are biased or not it doesn't prevent people from voting who they want in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    OFCOM, really? Even by BB standards that's a laughable suggestion. What are you going to say? The presenters don't like my favourite housemate so I'm complaining about it? Whether the team are biased or not it doesn't prevent people from voting who they want in any way shape or form.

Thing is we really don't have any recourse.

If you withhold money from voting your fav may get kicked.

You stop watching, you can't see the show, nothing changes and it eventually gets cancelled.

Or we all dress in taupe socks, yellow skinny jeans, aqua marine polo top long sleeves, cherry red pleather jacket, piano key tie, aviator sunglasses that cost no more then £7.19 a burger king crown and fake fur slippers.

Storm the TV studio and hijack the airwaves!

Or we could start a YouTube channel and basically make our own show....
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is hilarious. Teddies flying everywhere :D
    Look, very few celebs like davidson. I don't blame them.There is nothing to like about him,end of .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Look, very few celebs like davidson. I don't blame them.There is nothing to like about him,end of .

What does having few celeb mates got to do with it? They have friends of celebs on. And all we are asking for is fair representation for all contestants, although I personally think it doesn't really matter who wins first place, I rate winners on how they entertained me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of Jim but the hate bashing of him on last nights bots was disgusting to watch. Bbbots is tedious to watch at times.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know who likes who? He founded the British Forces Foundation and is the Vice President. Many of the top entertainers, paralympic champions and others support it by giving their time to the charity, including Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry. He also has no trouble getting artists to perform in the numerous plays and pantomines that he has written and produced. No doubt there are many who will not openly admit to liking him, but not all.
  • Options
    jak frostjak frost Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Did we need another thread? There are at least another two on the go saying exactly this.

You posted in it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    snariek wrote: »

Unreal arnt they

Starts off by calling it a silly show then says lets get Ofcom involved.
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You obviously know nothing about show business. Actors, comedians etc etc are in constant competition to get work. They hate others who are doing well. As we saw with Lionel, they're all happy chappies on the surface, but it's not so nice underneath. That is why CBB is so successful. The ego's kick in and they're off.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Thing is we really don't have any recourse.

If you withhold money from voting your fav may get kicked.

You stop watching, you can't see the show, nothing changes and it eventually gets cancelled.

Or we all dress in taupe socks, yellow skinny jeans, aqua marine polo top long sleeves, cherry red pleather jacket, piano key tie, aviator sunglasses that cost no more then £7.19 a burger king crown and fake fur slippers.

Storm the TV studio and hijack the airwaves!

Or we could start a YouTube channel and basically make our own show....

Well, our own show would certainly be more interesting and probably less biased.

I cannot bear Rylan so have given up watching BBBOTS. Since C5 has taken over - and NO live feed - the show has been edited with a bias and BBBOTS - well, it is terrible imo.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it this morning. Emma asked the audience who they wanted to win. The overwhelming name was most definitely Jim, with one who said Luisa.
    Emma said, "Ooh they're all shouting names as usual, can't hear them." I could hear them clearly say Jim.
  • Options
    mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I must see things so differently to others. There were people -- even a Nolan who talked about Linda picking too much. There peope -- even a Nolan who talked about not really liking the man, but that he was great entertainment value. There were people -- even a panel psych tpe person who said he was fascinating to watch.

I think the telling thing is there are celebs in the house -- even his best girl Casey who don't want him in there.

I thought the comments etc were pretty well spot on.

Everyone takes BOTS far too seriously. Honestly, lighten up. It's not award winning and hard hitting journalism - it's a panel show that brings the panel on to discuss what's going on.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know few celebs like Jim? In your opinion (which is fine) there is nothing to like about him but for plenty of others there is ...otherwise why is he still in there?
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know few celebs like Jim? In your opinion (which is fine) there is nothing to like about him but for plenty of others there is ...otherwise why is he still in there?

celebs are probably scared to support him because people keep bringing up his past.
    fgs, even murderers get a second chance sometimes