Options

The determination to attack Ashleigh is sickening

VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
Forum Member
✭✭✭
it seems we're supposed to believe the viewers dislike Ashleigh so much more than they dislike Helen that they'd evict Matthew because of it. Does anyone actually believe that. or are they just determined to use anything that can find against Ashleigh?

I don't think I've ever seen people take sides in so strange and unpleasant a way. Even Gina's peculiar popularity last year does not compare.

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very strange. Needs to be a voting backlash next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    it seems we're supposed to believe the viewers dislike Ashleigh so much more than they dislike Helen that they'd evict Matthew because of it. Does anyone actually believe that. or are they just determined to use anything that can find against Ashleigh?

I don't think I've ever seen people take sides in so strange and unpleasant a way. Even Gina's peculiar popularity last year does not compare.

I agree with you. I just don't understand it. Do people watching really think that when people behave like Helen, or her henchman, that the correct response is just to let them? Don't get it.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

I don't know what to say really Veri only that I am shocked at the unpleasantness towards an 18 year old girl. I just give up, I really do.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is, I really can't understand why anyone would evict Matthew??

It IS bizarre!

I definitely don't think she's hated more than Helen.

But then I don't think Matthew is more hated than Ash either.

I think it's a combination of scuppering Ashleigh, fancying Ash, Helen Fans and people who for some (unfathomable to me) reason dislike Matthew.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ashleighs behaviour is environmental and reactionary to the horrible bitchy environment that has been created. I bet Ashleigh when not in the boutique and modelling sees those kinda cool kids as total fake fools. Would like to see Ashleighs boyfriends commenting and defending her on bots.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She brings it on herself with her smugness.. even on the clip on BBOTS she had such a smug face.

A life lesson for her at 18 she can move forward with this, and become a nice person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so blatant, the demonisation of Ashleigh and Matthew this week.

Meanwhile, shoving funtime Helen and Ash down are throats >:(

I'd walk out that nasty house and joke of a show if I was Ashleigh.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and also a LOT of complacency about Ash going.
  • Options
    Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You find it strange because you don't understand what has been going on.
    It's not a fight between team Ashleigh and team Helen.
    They are the pawns.

The person who got voted out tonight, be it Ash or Matthew. was nothing but collateral damage in the real house fight.

This is why people think the vote tonight was wrong because they are missing who is the real power in the house still.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member

I agree with you, it's such a stupid argument that it's beyond funny.

And all those who wanted to get back at Ashleigh would all have to somehow agree to vote out Matthew instead of splitting the vote...very unlikely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I think Ashleighs behaviour is environmental and reactionary to the horrible bitchy environment that has been created. I bet Ashleigh when not in the boutique and modelling sees those kinda cool kids as total fake fools. Would like to see Ashleighs boyfriends commenting and defending her on bots.

Absolutely. As I see it, Ashleigh is reacting, and, frankly, if someone weren't at least trying to stand up to Helen, I would be screaming at my TV about no one having the courage to stand up to her! If it weren't for Ashleigh, Helen would just have controlled that whole task too, as Kim and Jale wouldn't have shown any backbone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to say really Veri only that I am shocked at the unpleasantness towards an 18 year old girl. I just give up, I really do.

Never underestimate the vicious jealousy that an intelligent gorgeous girl will inspire.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member

If ash was evicted how many topics would you see here praising ashleighs amazing, brilliant gameplanning? I expect dozens. With the opposite now true i think its natural to see so many blaming ashleigh and her gameplan and attitude.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Implying she deserves special treatment over the others because of her age?
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe a bit more understandable when said 18 year old is as unpleasant as she is though.
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would people be saying the same thing if Ashleigh was, say, 22 years old? Why is it so different because shes "only" 18? she's a housemate like any other person in that house, they're all being judged and unfortunately for her, she's come across as a miserable, two faced little b****. That's no one's fault but hers, theres no "determination" to attack her, she's brought everything on herself.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    If ash was evicted how many topics would you see here praising ashleighs amazing, brilliant gameplanning? I expect dozens. With the opposite now true i think its natural to see so many blaming ashleigh and her gameplan and attitude.

Me too. I think it's perfectly obvious.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen some pretty bad stuff in this forum, but this is taking several biscuits and a piece of cake. :(

Truly sickening. :(
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP- sickening really is the right word. I just don't understand the hatred for Ashleigh and the chants tonight. So she came up with a plan to ensure that somebody she didn't get on with was up for eviction and then admitted to it in the diary room. So what? It's not as if Ash is popular anyway, so surely she was doing the public a favour by giving them a chance to get rid of him. I mean really, is that it? Is that why she's unpopular or did I miss something else?
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with you she is not my fav to win but I give her credit for standing her ground it's a sad day when we support the bullies in that house it must be hell to be in there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even though quite a lot of the Ash hatred has been put down to his association with Helen? Guilty by association they have been saying, same thing with Ashleigh and Matthew
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verityvee wrote: »
    Absolutely. As I see it, Ashleigh is reacting, and, frankly, if someone weren't at least trying to stand up to Helen, I would be screaming at my TV about no one having the courage to stand up to her! If it weren't for Ashleigh, Helen would just have controlled that whole task too, as Kim and Jale wouldn't have shown any backbone!

Kim and Jale saved the HMs they were closest to, Ashleigh was too focused on keeping Ash up for eviction and Matthew has gone as a consequence.

Ashleigh is not half as smart as she or the forum thinks.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    Implying she deserves special treatment over the others because of her age?

The vileness on here about her has been horrendous, vicious and totally unnecessary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »

Exactly, well said. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    immusic wrote: »
    I just don't understand the hatred for Ashleigh and the chants tonight. So she came up with a plan to ensure that somebody she didn't get on with was up for eviction and then admitted to it in the diary room. So what?

Being a smug, miserable backstabber probably didn't help either