Options

BBC 1 Scotland, 10:35pm, Friday 11 July

pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone catch BBC1 Scotland after the weather tonight? The issue may have been across the national BBC1.

Anyway, the lovely Helen Willetts doing the weather. She comes to the end of the broadcast, says goodnight and the screen fades to cut to whatever comes next. The next second Helen appears back again, gives a wave, and walks off. I imagine this was seen across BBC1 nationally.

On BBC1 Scotland there then follows a few seconds of a BBC logo I don't think I have seen before and the continuity announcer, who's name I don't know, but we will call him CA, apologises for a slight technical problem. He the proceeds to give the lottery results, but things still don't seem quite right.

There then follows a trailer for a BBC 3 programme, The Glasgow Girls, but the sound is very muffled and you can hear CA shuffling his papers, sniffing rather loudly and clearing his throat for his next announcement.

Which comes along, telling us about the Alan Hansen programme at 11:10pm, but before that the BBC Scotland programme, I Belong to Glasgow.

Which then starts, but again with the sound very muffled, and the sound of Mr CA announcing 'Well I'd love to know what the hell happened there!' :D

He then announces that he has lost everything! Poor Mr CA.

Just one of those random things that can happen during live broadcasting, but funny just the same.

Did anyone notice if the other BBC1 channels experience similar problems?

Comments

• Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    I caught it by chance, was hilarious! Had my tv on mute whilst on the laptop then noticed the BBC logo playing for ages and was like "What the hell's going on here" rewound it to the end of the weather and enjoyed all the chaos that ensued :D

Wish i could've recorded it, i managed to get half with my phone, but unfortunately ran out of space before the funniest part at the end and V+ box was full up with recordings so delay went off before long. Hope someone out there caught this gem.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to post this very thing .... very odd last night but a bit of a laugh with the announcer, I thought it was my imagination that I seen the weather presenter back on and "waving", I noticed the sound issue was solved after a min or so into the "belong to Glasgow" programme thought it end up the announcer yabber on LOL
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably the stv North tech bods were moonlighing at the Beeb last night then.:D
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprisingly, the bit of the fault that occurred once the programme started can be viewed on iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b048ws8c/i-belong-to-glasgow-3-sanjeev-kohli

First minute or so- including Tony Currie saying 'What happened here then?' At least he didn't do an Andrew Strauss and say what he was really thinking!
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly, the bit of the fault that occurred once the programme started can be viewed on iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b048ws8c/i-belong-to-glasgow-3-sanjeev-kohli

First minute or so- including Tony Currie saying 'What happened here then?' At least he didn't do an Andrew Strauss and say what he was really thinking!

Ah, it was Tony! Hopefully he will pop in here to tell us what happened then.:D
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His name is Tony Currie. Apologies Tony, didn't know your name. You did well last night and at last you kept it clean.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see this, but I've seen it happen with weather forecasts before. I think they were with Helen Willetts, too.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Presumably the stv North tech bods were moonlighing at the Beeb last night then.:D

LOL :D STV North just "cough" when faults happen or better yet just cut someone off mid report! :o

I agree at least it was kept clean :D