Where are ITV Player, 4OD & Demand Five?

Comments

• gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Appeared on my dashboard this morning, but I didnt do an update, they were just there!
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a refurb this morning after YLOD & greeted with ITV & 4OD players. Good addition :) Just watching last night's Chatty Man
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice addition to PS3, though personally as I have Cable, I get my catch up from that anyway......still, the more options the better, bring it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried the ITV player & it asks you to type in your postcode so it can find your region. So I did & it redirected me to the STV player which says "coming soon..."

So I exited it, went back in thinking I'd be able to type in a different postcode but it automatically redirected me to the STV player! :(

Edit: deleted cache, cookies etc & I can put in a new postcode :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried the ITV player & it asks you to type in your postcode so it can find your region. So I did & it redirected me to the STV player which says "coming soon..."

So I exited it, went back in thinking I'd be able to type in a different postcode but it automatically redirected me to the STV player! :(

maybe storing it as a cookie or such. Maybe trying clearing them and try your different postcode.
  • xRHBxxRHBx Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    ^Yeah I anticipated crappiness from having a scottish postcode, so put in a London one.

Have to say they're both fairly unimpressive so far, but at least it's a start that can be improved on now.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    In work

Can someone post a pic on here to show the rest of us what it looks like on the XMB.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's up now itv is filled with rubbish ain't missing anything on that ch 4 didn't see all the shows they offer,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    In work

Can someone post a pic on here to show the rest of us what it looks like on the XMB.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Just imagine the itv logo and 4od logo below the BBC iplayer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Nice pics - but how do I get them to appear - I've done a software update this morning - but I still only see iplayer.

Where put I put the postcode in?

I am not a gamer - I only use PS3 as a media player

Thanks.
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a Quick Note to say ITV Player & 4OD have popped up on my ps3 when I connected it this morning, not tried 4OD yet but could get anything to play on itv player, tried last nights episode of Emmerdale but it said there was a problem with the stream and the promptly crash my ps3, will try again later, bit light on content so far but it is just day One I suppose..:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blackcow wrote: »
    Nice pics - but how do I get them to appear - I've done a software update this morning - but I still only see iplayer.

Where put I put the postcode in?

I am not a gamer - I only use PS3 as a media player

Thanks.

I don't know, they just appeared! Try again this evening & they'll appear.

The ITV player asks for your postcode the first time you use it to determine which region to show you. Just click the ITV icon & it'll ask when it loads up
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a quick look this morning. they are ok if you miss something, but I would not rely on it. the quality okish, but not very smooth.

4OD played something for a while and then did not play any more.

content is not great, but as been said only day one.

I still think the Wii would have been better, BBc Iplayer is far better on the Wii than on the PS3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took a LONG time before 4OD appeared for me. Was only seeing BBCi and ITV for a good while.

EDIT: decided to try the 4OD one. Clicked on deal or no deal and got a 30 second advert before the show of.......XBox Kinect LOL :mad:
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried playing 4OD content and getting an error has occured trying to play the chosen item.
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    4OD doesn't work for me, says 'The service is currently not available in your area' :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got them :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got them :confused:

mine popped up ITV (already had BBC) but 4OD didnt appear. I was TRYING to get a game of black ops for about 20 mins and popped back to XMB and 4OD was there. Maybe try opening the store or Home or something and see if they appear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    mine popped up ITV (already had BBC) but 4OD didnt appear. I was TRYING to get a game of black ops for about 20 mins and popped back to XMB and 4OD was there. Maybe try opening the store or Home or something and see if they appear.

I've got PlayTV on atm maybe they will pop up at some point today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a go on Crazy Taxi and messed about on Home but still nothing. Never mind they will pop onto my XMB in their own time.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble using 4OD with the PS Remote.
    When I tried watching Misfits it asked to click on the accept button. As soon as I hit the left arrow button, the player restarted. Yet iPlayer and ITV Player both work fine. :(
  • Snake_EaterSnake_Eater Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who can not get them to appear, are your consoles UK purchased or imports?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who can not get them to appear, are your consoles UK purchased or imports?

UK slim with 320gb hard drive. I bought it frm Argos when slims first came out.
  • SmoothySmoothy Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    If it's the same as the other stuff that "pops up" (LoveFilm, BBC iPlayer), it will only appear if you are logged into a PSN account that has the locale set to the United Kingdom.

EDIT: They're just links to the browser, like BBC iPlayer. So... if you still haven't got the link yet for whatever reason, you can simply launch the browser and go to:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/ps3 - ITV Player for PS3
    http://ps3.channel4.com/ - 4oD for PS3