Options

Actors who made it big with the first ever acting job??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to suggest Sean Connery made his debut in Dr No and has done ok since then.......

But actually, he had done loads of stuff before then according to IMDB - mostly TV stuff and made for TV movies, but he had done a couple of films as extras.

Harrison Ford was asked to take a part in American graffiti - his first role, whilst he was working as a carpenter building the set. He has pretty done ok since then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0lly wrote: »
    Johnny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

I dont think Depp made it big till either cry baby or edward scisorrhands,he had a blink and ull miss him part in platoon.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    George Lazenby - who came out of nowhere to play Bond. But only made it big for one movie.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily Watson- Breaking The Waves
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Worthington has been around since 2000, so Terminator wasn't his first film. :)

only in aussie films & series that no ones ever watched in the uk :rolleyes:. So as far as i am concerned he came out of no where to lead bill his 1st three hollywood films:D
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angea lansbury with Gaslight in the late 1940's- had a large film career. Then a huge career on broadway and Television, whilst in the last decade has been seen in just as much demand in films and stage.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    Eddie Murphy in 48 Hours.

I think this one will be hard to beat.

He was difinitely an overnight sensation and imo still one of his best movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Sigouney Weaver in 'Alien'?
    It was her breakout role (I think) but she did do a few before Alien

apparently, she was in Annie Hall. i watched it again last night and I couldn't see her in it. :confused:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    apparently, she was in Annie Hall. i watched it again last night and I couldn't see her in it. :confused:

She was Woody's date at the end of the movie once he met Diane again years later.
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a film, but Ashley Judd was in a couple of episodes of Star Trek: TNG when she was unknown. Apparently she now refuses to acknowledge that she ever did the show. Kirsten Dunst and Kristanna Loken were also in the show as children. It definately got them all noticed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was Woody's date at the end of the movie once he met Diane again years later.

still don't remember seeing her. :confused: maybe I just didn't recognise her.

just googling for an image and the only shot I can find is a long shot of some leggy brunette by the side of Allen outside the cinema, maybe that's why I could place her in the film.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    still don't remember seeing her. :confused: maybe I just didn't recognise her.

just googling for an image and the only shot I can find is a long shot of some leggy brunette by the side of Allen outside the cinema, maybe that's why I could place her in the film.

That is who she is. I think she was friends with Woody and she was just out of drama school and so he let her cameo.

I can't remember the story, it should be on IMDB info for the movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is who she is. I think she was friends with Woody and she was just out of drama school and so he let her cameo.

I can't remember the story, it should be on IMDB info for the movie.

Noticed Jeff Goldblum had a cameo too - 'I forgot my mantra':p
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a film, but Ashley Judd was in a couple of episodes of Star Trek: TNG when she was unknown. Apparently she now refuses to acknowledge that she ever did the show. Kirsten Dunst and Kristanna Loken were also in the show as children. It definately got them all noticed.

I remember her in that. She was Wesley's girlfriend. She was hot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    only in aussie films & series that no ones ever watched in the uk :rolleyes:. So as far as i am concerned he came out of no where to lead bill his 1st three hollywood films:D

Yes but the question is Actors who made it big from their first film it doesn't really matter if you didn't see the films Terminator wasn't his first film. So unless you're answering a question from a different thread you're wrong ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I think this one will be hard to beat.

He was difinitely an overnight sensation and imo still one of his best movies.

Yeah when I saw that post I thought "well that is the right answer", I thought the potter kids was a good one (even if I do say so myself :)) but Eddie Murphy was better :)
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edward Norton's first ever film was Primal Fear. Not a bad start ..
    Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Chicago Film Critics Award – Most Promising Actor
    Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture
    Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Society of Texas Film Critics Awards
    Kansas City Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Southeastern Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Nominated—Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Nominated—BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role
    Nominated—Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor
    Nominated—MTV Movie Award for Best Villain
  • Options
    Dean_TiptonDean_Tipton Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It should be pointed out that though Eddie Murphy's first film was 48 Hours, he was already a pretty famous stand-up comedian and cast member of Saturday Night Live.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Statham. Looking at his filmography, he's either been the lead or a very important character in every film he's ever been in. He went from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels to leading his own franchise within two years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Die Hard was Alan Rickman's first movie but he had done lots of TV/theatre previously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Jennifer Aniston in Leprachaun,only kidding lol

Harrison ford in Star wars?
    Eddie Murphy in 48hrs(edit ^beaten to it lol)
    Edward furlong in T2
    mialicious wrote: »
    Harrisons fords first acting job was in American Graffiti i think.

Mclovin..dont know his real name

I remember seeing HF in an early ep of the TV series Ironside from one of the endless re-runs on ITV3.

So I've just IMDB'd him and he has over 20 screen credits before SW... and even AG wasn't his first film role... so I don't think we can count him... :(

More like one of those 'overnight successes' that took several years to achieve :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie Bell in Billy Elliot?

Bafta for Best Actor against Tom Hanks and Russell Crowe. That's quite good for a first film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to try....

James Dean

but IMDB lists 4 years' worth of screen credits before East of Eden/Rebel which were released in the same year...

Then I thought Brando... but he has one credit before Streetcar...

Damn tricky this 'ere thread ;) :eek:
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zac Efron had done some TV bits and small movies before his lead in High School Musical
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally...

Fred Astaire.... Flying Down to Rio...

although I would imagine he had stage stuff before...

And for the ladies...

Hayley Mills... Tiger Bay...