Still moaning ?

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Given the amount of whinging on here over the past week, a whinging thread about the whinging is fair enough in my view.
    And if there are many threads like that then a thread whinging about the whinging about the whinging is fine. And if there are too many of those a thread whinging about the whinging threads about the whinging about the whinging threads is fair enough.

You get my drift.

Though to be fair some of the hysterical reactions on here last Sunday deserve to be mocked - some people do need reminded it's just a TV show not 'life and death'.

The only on topic bit was the original moaning, any moaning about moaning and so on, isn't. ;-)
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Given the amount of whinging on here over the past week, a whinging thread about the whinging is fair enough in my view.
    And if there are many threads like that then a thread whinging about the whinging about the whinging is fine. And if there are too many of those a thread whinging about the whinging threads about the whinging about the whinging threads is fair enough.

You get my drift.

Though to be fair some of the hysterical reactions on here last Sunday deserve to be mocked - some people do need reminded it's just a TV show not 'life and death'.

Nobodies opinion 'deserves to be mocked' all are equally valid.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    Indeed, but some are more equal than others :)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still moaning. Every time I see Pixie's highlights (which have been shown on tv a number of times during the week) the more I am convinced that she was the best dancer by a country mile.
    Perhaps she didn't have the "journey" of some other contestants, but I feel robbed of watching the very best in the final. I'll get over it, but it's spoilt what was a terrific series this year in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Nosaer wrote: »

What? People have a right to an opinion - that doesn't mean other people have to respect it or are not allowed to challenge it. Challenging an opinion relates to the content, not the right to express it.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psapp wrote: »
    What? People have a right to an opinion - that doesn't mean other people have to respect it or are not allowed to challenge it. Challenging an opinion relates to the content, not the right to express it.

Challenging an opinion plays the ball, not the man. Mocking is personal and a breach of T&Cs. I am sure most people are bright enough to understand the difference.
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still moaning. Every time I see Pixie's highlights (which have been shown on tv a number of times during the week) the more I am convinced that she was the best dancer by a country mile.
    Perhaps she didn't have the "journey" of some other contestants, but I feel robbed of watching the very best in the final. I'll get over it, but it's spoilt what was a terrific series this year in my opinion.

I'm Still Moaning (After All This Time) - apologies to Elton - but consoling myself that

* Pixie has got a great future including dance if she so wishes
    * Trent will have a great career as a choreographer
    * Whoever wins the Glorious Glitterball will always, ALWAYS, know they were second best.

Anyway, I reserve the right to moan at Christmas if I want. It's The British Way.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoebefair wrote: »
    I'm Still Moaning (After All This Time) - apologies to Elton - but consoling myself that

* Pixie has got a great future including dance if she so wishes
    * Trent will have a great career as a choreographer
    * Whoever wins the Glorious Glitterball will always, ALWAYS, know they were second best.

Anyway, I reserve the right to moan at Christmas if I want. It's The British Way.

Well, that is true! After all, if we British couldn't have a good old moan about something, however inconsequential (the weather, next door neighbour, politics, TV programmes etc) then we'd probably shrivel up and die! :)

I don't agree about the fact that whoever wins the trophy should be feeling 'second best'. Mainly because entertainment is in the eye of the beholder and Pixie obviously didn't entertain as much as say, Frankie, Jake or the others who DID get the votes at the weekend. SCD is not simply about dancing. It is also about the ability to project - and certainly, for me (and obviously others who preferred the other celebs and voted for them), Pixie didn't do that sufficiently well. Of course, those who loved her will say different, but I did say this is all in the eye of the beholder!

I actually really liked Pixie on ITT. I found her sweet and funny and lovely and I have said so in a much earlier thread.

However, for some reason, although she could certainly dance wonderfully, her performances didn't 'connect' with me and I cannot explain why! Plus, it was all very 'balletic' - which is fine in some of the dances, but in others, was not.

I thought Frankie was on a par with her at the beginning (plus I enjoyed her performances more). But she hasn't wowed me for a few weeks and I have been disappointed with her. I love Jake, but that's mainly down to his performance because he really sells it. Simon has really come on and is very, very good. I don't dislike him, but I am rooting for him because of Kristina, whom I adore!

My favourite is Caroline and I admit this is because I liked her before she even went into SCD. The surprise was that she could dance, plus she could SELL her dances (when she didn't let her nerves get in the way!). She's the whole package, to me.

So what I am trying to say, in my own very special, convoluted, lengthy way, is that whilst Pixie was great, she was not the whole package for the majority of viewers - who would otherwise have voted for her in droves and SCD is about far more than 'dancing the best'. It's about performance, that indefinable 'something' that gets people picking up their phones to vote.

Besides, whoever wins, it's a little unfair to expect or want them to feel that they are somehow 'second best'. Why should they, when they have tried as hard as anyone else (including Pixie) to learn, to perform and sell their dances to the viewing public.

All they should feel is proud of their achievement. Not 'second best'. :)
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fings what I am still moaning about

That smug lying ringah the holy St Jill beating Denise Lewis.
    Len calling Colin an airy fairy.
    Bruno and Craig deliberately overmarking Bunto because they knew the public weren't voting for her.
    AUSTINBEINGWUZZROBBED.
    The public somehow preferring Christine Blankley to Jodie Kidd (FOOLS)
    Cherie Lunghi being booted out of pure ageism
    Craig's vendetta aginst Mark Benton (WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU, CRAIG?)
    Widdy existing
    Len saving Ricky Groves over Phil that one time (and based on any time people have seen her live, Katya's still moaning about it as well).
    The public not recognising the comedy genius of Nancy Dell'Ollipops and voting her out FAR TOO SOON.
    Matt Dawson : Strictly Finalist
    Alesha being in the bottom 2 ever (JUSTICE, WHAT CHANCE THE CONCEPT OF JUSTICE IN A WORLD WHERE THIS CAN HAPPEN?)
    The public looking at last year's finalist line-up of mostly fabulous, engaging, eccentric, exciting women, and picking Abbey "ME NEHRVES" Clancy as the winner.

I'm sure to add "Len throwing Trent UNDER TEH BUS" to the list of things I never shut up about, sorry "haters of whinging"...
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »

Bruno and Craig deliberately overmarking Bunto because they knew the public weren't voting for her.
    AUSTINBEINGWUZZROBBED.
    Widdy existing
    Len saving Ricky Groves over Phil that one time (and based on any time people have seen her live, Katya's still moaning about it as well).
    The public not recognising the comedy genius of Nancy Dell'Ollipops and voting her out FAR TOO SOON.
    Alesha being in the bottom 2 ever (JUSTICE, WHAT CHANCE THE CONCEPT OF JUSTICE IN A WORLD WHERE THIS CAN HAPPEN?)
    The public looking at last year's finalist line-up of mostly fabulous, engaging, eccentric, exciting women, and picking Abbey "ME NEHRVES" Clancy as the winner.

I'm sure to add "Len throwing Trent UNDER TEH BUS" to the list of things I never shut up about, sorry "haters of whinging"...

LOL. :)
  • gorlagongorlagon Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AUSTINBEINGWUZZROBBED.
    Widdy existing

Are you implying that you forgive Matt di Devilo for SITTING DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCE? Harumph. And harumph again.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the approved whinge-name is Bratt Di Angelo.
  • gorlagongorlagon Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the approved whinge-name is Bratt Di Angelo.

Yes, but only if your strength of flounce has a smaller sufficiency than mine. Mine involves multiple whinge-names and a spit bucket. And much in the way of 4x10s? 4x10s? GETHINWUZROBBED.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that is true! After all, if we British couldn't have a good old moan about something, however inconsequential (the weather, next door neighbour, politics, TV programmes etc) then we'd probably shrivel up and die! :)

I don't agree about the fact that whoever wins the trophy should be feeling 'second best'. Mainly because entertainment is in the eye of the beholder and Pixie obviously didn't entertain as much as say, Frankie, Jake or the others who DID get the votes at the weekend. SCD is not simply about dancing. It is also about the ability to project - and certainly, for me (and obviously others who preferred the other celebs and voted for them), Pixie didn't do that sufficiently well. Of course, those who loved her will say different, but I did say this is all in the eye of the beholder!

I actually really liked Pixie on ITT. I found her sweet and funny and lovely and I have said so in a much earlier thread.

However, for some reason, although she could certainly dance wonderfully, her performances didn't 'connect' with me and I cannot explain why! Plus, it was all very 'balletic' - which is fine in some of the dances, but in others, was not.

I thought Frankie was on a par with her at the beginning (plus I enjoyed her performances more). But she hasn't wowed me for a few weeks and I have been disappointed with her. I love Jake, but that's mainly down to his performance because he really sells it. Simon has really come on and is very, very good. I don't dislike him, but I am rooting for him because of Kristina, whom I adore!

My favourite is Caroline and I admit this is because I liked her before she even went into SCD. The surprise was that she could dance, plus she could SELL her dances (when she didn't let her nerves get in the way!). She's the whole package, to me.

So what I am trying to say, in my own very special, convoluted, lengthy way, is that whilst Pixie was great, she was not the whole package for the majority of viewers - who would otherwise have voted for her in droves and SCD is about far more than 'dancing the best'. It's about performance, that indefinable 'something' that gets people picking up their phones to vote.

Besides, whoever wins, it's a little unfair to expect or want them to feel that they are somehow 'second best'. Why should they, when they have tried as hard as anyone else (including Pixie) to learn, to perform and sell their dances to the viewing public.

All they should feel is proud of their achievement. Not 'second best'. :)

Excellent post :)
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I justify it by telling myself everyone voted for Aljaz's arse.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AUSTINBEINGWUZZROBBED.
    Widdy existing

great post, sums up most of my gripes about the previous series of SCD
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    I justify it by telling myself everyone voted for Aljaz's arse.

haha I always said people were voting for the lovely Aljaz, one of our former pupils is his best mate I live in hope he will visit him up here and will invite them round the school:D that is when they are in the country at the same time which is not so this year :(
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gorlagon wrote: »
    Are you implying that you forgive Matt di Devilo for SITTING DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCE? Harumph. And harumph again.

I forgive him because that foxtrot lasted 73 seconds from when he and Flavia got into hold or 83 seconds if you include the faffing abaht at the start.

I think it was unfair to expect him to do dances of two and half to three minutes when everybody else is only expected to dance for a minute and a half. In fact I may upgrade my moaning to a full on flounce!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for my life-size memorial edition of Pixie to come out the bubblejet. I'm not moaning yet. Got a refill?
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask to enjoy the last few weeks of strictly in " harmony " :blush::blush:?

Took a little hiatus :blush: and came back and people are STILL complaining/outraged about Pixie's exit :o:confused::confused:

Seriously :confused:

It's not her exit that upsets it because of how it was done by an old man who did it out of anger because they put in some extra moves and then gave a bit of backchat when he mentioned it, why he gets an extra vote beats me it should be down to public vote Pixie probably had more public votes than others but went out because of an old angry man. :cool:
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie went out because she didn't dance as well as Simon in the dance off.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AUSTINBEINGWUZZROBBED.
    Widdy existing

:D:D:D
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Pixie went out because she didn't dance as well as Simon in the dance off.

Pixie went out because she was the best dancer and a big threat to Caroline.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie went out because she was the best dancer and a big threat to Caroline.

Firstly, she wasn't the best dancer. Secondly, how could Caroline get rid of her?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think that people are forgetting that with a mistake in the dance Simon got the same score as Pixie. He cut out that mistake in the dance off.