• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    BBC Breakfast - 1.5m
    GMB - 660,000

Thanks Bushmills.

That's where GMB should be more often. Do you have anymore daytime ratings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    Very impressive rating for the premiere of Wolf Hall. Mark Gatiss' midas touch is back in business after the disappointing Mapp and Lucia.

Midas touch? Him?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    BBC Breakfast - 1.5m
    GMB - 660,000

So just about back to Daybreak levels (themselves judged a failure by ITV) after spending millions of pounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    So just about back to Daybreak levels (themselves judged a failure by ITV) after spending millions of pounds.

All of that analysis, research, money spent on sets and hiring presenters to be where they were before with Daybreak. That's remarkable!
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic for Wolf Hall, it'll be interesting to see the breakdown between 9-10. Judging from the positive reaction, I think it'll have a good hold next week.

I noticed people on Twitter saying it should have been on BBC One failing to realise that it was commissioned by Janice Hadlow for BBC Two and TBH I think it more suited for BBC Two where 3.9m can be seen as a hit whereas 3.9m would be considered poor for BBC One
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An great ratings story on Fox in the US at the minute with their new drama Empire growing for a 3rd straight week to an incredible 4.3 in the demo!

Incredible considering Fox's ratings have been in the toilet and I don't think anyone saw this coming, it seems to be giving American Idol a slight boost too with it getting a 3.3.

No UK broadcaster as yet, will be very interesting to see where this lands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An great ratings story on Fox in the US at the minute with their new drama Empire growing for a 3rd straight week to an incredible 4.3 in the demo!

Incredible considering Fox's ratings have been in the toilet and I don't think anyone saw this coming, it seems to be giving American Idol a slight boost too with it getting a 3.3.

No UK broadcaster as yet, will be very interesting to see where this lands.

Empire has continued out of nowhere. Some success for Fox this season. Will a UK channel pick it up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Channel 4, Sky1, FOX or possibly Channel 5 will be the running for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Fantastic for Wolf Hall, it'll be interesting to see the breakdown between 9-10. Judging from the positive reaction, I think it'll have a good hold next week.

I noticed people on Twitter saying it should have been on BBC One failing to realise that it was commissioned by Janice Hadlow for BBC Two and TBH I think it more suited for BBC Two where 3.9m can be seen as a hit whereas 3.9m would be considered poor for BBC One
    If Wolf Hall was on BBC1 there would be more people complaining about lack of light and it was no Pride & Prejudice. I love that it's on BBC2. Another drama winner commissioned by Janice Hadlow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    If Wolf Hall was on BBC1 there would be more people complaining about lack of light and it was no Pride & Prejudice. I love that it's on BBC2. Another drama winner commissioned by Janice Hadlow.

It's perfect for BBC Two and it's nice for them to have another drama do so well but I wish people would stop with saying when their shows become hits that they should be on BBC One, BBC Two is a channel in it own right and should have and keep its own hit shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    It's perfect for BBC Two and it's nice for them to have another drama do so well but I wish people would stop with saying when their shows become hits that they should be on BBC One, BBC Two is a channel in it own right and should have and keep its own hit shows.

If BBC1 wanted Wolf Hall they could have commissioned it. They didn't. BBC2 did and it's a perfect fit for BBC2.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 34s34 seconds ago
    BBC2's major new drama #WolfHall kicked off with an impressive 3.89m/16.5%, putting it ahead of Crimewatch on BBC1 (2.42m/10.2%).

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 11s11 seconds ago
    ITV won Wednesday evening from 7 to 10pm. #Corrie pulled in an impressive 8.51m/41.4% and the #NTAs drew a strong average of 6.62m/29.5%.

Excellent ratings all round. NTA's up considerably on last year. EDIT - It's up 400k inc. +1.

Wow massive rating for Corrie last night, and out of slot as well. When was the last time it got a 41% share?

Also great for the NTAs to be the highest in 4 years, very unusual considering the downward trends and the general predictable ness of the winners and the show itself.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Wow massive rating for Corrie last night, and out of slot as well. When was the last time it got a 41% share?

Also great for the NTAs to be the highest in 4 years, very unusual considering the downward trends and the general predictable ness of the winners and the show itself.

ITV needed at least one night to work!

Back to BAU tonight.

(( Business As Usual))
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks to bushmills for breakfast figures
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows, it's not the channel - it's the shows. People only interested in watching shows not channels.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Midas touch? Him?
    Since 2012:
    Sherlock
    Being Human
    Game of Thrones
    Horrible Histories
    Doctor Who
    An Adventure in Space and Time
    The Tractate Middoth
    Wolfhall

Okay the success of most of those wasn't solely down to him but nevertheless I'd be happy enough to submit that as my CV!!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

Just goes to show that if ITV bother to put on something decent viewers will flock back.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Just goes to show that if ITV bother to put on something decent viewers will flock back.

Hardly call the NTAs decent through.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly call the NTAs decent through.

It is quite a family friendly show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Channel 5 should cut their losses with Suspects after the final few episodes, it's not clicking with viewers which is a shame because it's decent.

BBC Two and Channel 4 have a strong lineup of dramas coming up and I think 5 should maybe try and do the same
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A consolidated ratings for last Tuesday:
    Silent Witness 8.56m (+ 2.23m)

TOP 5 SILENT WITNESS EPISODES SINCE 1ST JANUARY 2008:
    1. 6/1/2015 - 8.59m
    2. 7/1/2010 - 8.56m
    =. 13/1/2015 - 8.56m
    4. 17/1/2011 - 8.50m
    5. 7/1/2015 - 8.49m

70 new episodes have been shown during that period. There are 4 consolidated ratings from this year so far and they are at 1st, equal 2nd, 5th and 10th. Amazing.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who watches Silent Witness, is there a particular reason why it is doing so well and recording some of its highest numbers in years?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    It is quite a family friendly show

Minecraft would be better viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    A consolidated ratings for last Tuesday:
    Silent Witness 8.56m (+ 2.23m)

TOP 5 SILENT WITNESS EPISODES SINCE 1ST JANUARY 2008:
    1. 6/1/2015 - 8.59m
    2. 7/1/2010 - 8.56m
    =. 13/1/2015 - 8.56m
    4. 17/1/2011 - 8.50m
    5. 7/1/2015 - 8.49m

70 new episodes have been shown during that period. There are 4 consolidated ratings from this year so far and they are at 1st, equal 2nd, 5th and 10th. Amazing.
    The performance of Silent Witness this year really has been exceptional. The change of days has helped overnights but it's still timeshifting as well as last year when overnights were lower. What's going on with this show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    For anyone who watches Silent Witness, is there a particular reason why it is doing so well and recording some of its highest numbers in years?

I've been watching it since it started. I liked the settled team from the previous few series. I think the current cast works well and The stories are good....but I can't explain why it has grown! I'm pleasantly surprised.
This discussion has been closed.