Options

Sainsburys mobile contracts??

seanfitzyseanfitzy Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
In my local sainsburys store they have a sainsburys mobile shop in there,speaking to them today they said they are bringing sainsburys mobile contracts out in April,I was told the call centers will be all uk based like Tesco mobile and the prices will be to compete with Tesco mobile,I was told they will have some 'unbeatable deals' Has anyone else heard these rumours? due to upgrade but not sure whether its worth waiting.

Comments

• Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Pay as you go prices are pretty good. For me Giff Gaff still just beats them but they would certainly be my plan B if GG ever closed or went naff.
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which network will they use?
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They exist already and use Vodafone's network. Like Tesco Mobile, which is a joint venture with O2, Mobile by Sainsbury's is a joint venture with Vodafone.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well those PAYG tarrifs are so much more competitive than Tesco mobile sim only deals. Maybe the competition isn't dead yet.

What is vodafone coverage like compared to O2? Will they have the same footprint when this cornerstone is finished?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if o2 go to 3, tesco will probably have to use 3's signal too and in my opinion will risk losing a lot of customers, sainsburys could step in as the new hero.

if they promise no rpi price rises, good value and uk call centres they could do reasonably well.
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have a big probelms with texts you send them and it can take hours till the person gets it me and 3 others where with them and all had the same problem some days was OK and some days where bad that nobody got the texts or it took 2 hours to arrive .I'm now with now mobile the best network I have been with so far.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if o2 go to 3, tesco will probably have to use 3's signal too and in my opinion will risk losing a lot of customers, sainsburys could step in as the new hero.

if they promise no rpi price rises, good value and uk call centres they could do reasonably well.

Why would that lose Tesco customers? Surely having access to both O2 and 3's networks is an advantage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Why would that lose Tesco customers? Surely having access to both O2 and 3's networks is an advantage?

what about ex 3 customers that moved to tesco?
    or people that dont have 3g handsets?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If there's a takeover 3 customers will benefit from O2's 2G network and O2 customers will benefit from 3's superior 3G network. Tesco customers will likely benefit from both.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who on earth in the right mind would move from Three to Tesco Mobile anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Who on earth in the right mind would move from Three to Tesco Mobile anyway?

anyone that wanted to? :confused:

the beauty of a pac code is it can be taken to any network the customer wishes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dublicate post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's a takeover 3 customers will benefit from O2's 2G network and O2 customers will benefit from 3's superior 3G network. Tesco customers will likely benefit from both.

if o2's 2g network stays in place

there will be a LOT of changes at tesco mobile if this deal goes ahead, and also a lot of unanswered questions
    1. will customer service be uk based? with this keep in mind tesco mobile staff work in o2 call centres currently
    2. will/how long will tesco's tariffs be supported by 3?
    3. will existing customers be offered early terminations?
    4. will tesco phone shops stay in place/more 3 stores open?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It will. They'd be mad to turn it off. As I say it's win win (coverage wise) for both sets of customers and even more so for Tesco customers.

There will likely be some masts switched off where both O2 and Three have 3G coverage. No point covering the same areas twice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will. They'd be mad to turn it off. As I say it's win win (coverage wise) for both sets of customers and even more so for Tesco customers.

There will likely be some masts switched off where both O2 and Three have 3G coverage. No point covering the same areas twice.

both sets of cells need to work for the sake of capacity or there wont be consistent 3g coverage

3 have less than half the customer base that o2 currently have
  • Options
    rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So long as it doesn't affect EE's 3G network?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synergy is the term used and I suspect the 50% figure they talk about will include masts being switched off. Many orange customers moan now how on EE their coverage has got worse as masts were switched off.
  • Options
    sdduksdduk Posts: 303
    Forum Member

there will be a LOT of changes at tesco mobile if this deal goes ahead, and also a lot of unanswered questions
    1. will customer service be uk based? with this keep in mind tesco mobile staff work in o2 call centres currently
    2. will/how long will tesco's tariffs be supported by 3?
    3. will existing customers be offered early terminations?
    4. will tesco phone shops stay in place/more 3 stores open?

I think you should think another way because you are forgetting something Tesco are in trouble at the moment and may just sell there mobile side of things ( we don't know how bad things are for them )
    If they don't Sell then it all depends how long there contract is with O2
    3 can't just kick them off the network or make changes until that ends
    so i think Tesco will be fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco are not in that much financial trouble. They see mobiles as a real area of growth hence the stopping selling of other networks. I suspect that Sainsburys and ASDA feel the same as both are having quite large pushes on this area of the business.

I guess the networks will view these as the budget options and if your willing to pay extra you will get bundles on them like sky sports, Spotify and probably BT sport in the future.