Is this a good deal worth staying with virgin for?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
Forum Member
:) hi,

I have been with ntl/virgin media for many years,i feel i am paying too much per month for my current package does anyone think i can get this package cheaper:confused: i am currently paying £64.00 a month for-

BB-XL 20mb
TV-XL
Phone-XL
V+ box in lounge
V box upstairs

no movies or sports channels:confused:

Is this package about right at the price ,or could i nogotiate a cheaper deal for same package:)

Comments

• tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    You could always give it a try. That price is a about right but you could always blag it abit and say you have been offered a cheaper rate with another provider?
  • Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, ask to leave and speak to retentions. If you get it cheaper, it will be a new 12 month contract.
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the same package and have tyred for discount before saying i could not afford it any longer and was tempted to go for 1st year cheap deal with sky,it never got me anywhere unfortunately but you've got to try ,haven't you,this was a year ago i asked,may give it an0other go,I'll wait and see how you get on ,best of luck,Joeann90
  • ElectricWarriorElectricWarrior Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    joeann90 wrote: »
    :) hi,

I have been with ntl/virgin media for many years,i feel i am paying too much per month for my current package does anyone think i can get this package cheaper:confused: i am currently paying £64.00 a month for-

BB-XL 20mb
    TV-XL
    Phone-XL
    V+ box in lounge
    V box upstairs

no movies or sports channels:confused:

Is this package about right at the price ,or could i nogotiate a cheaper deal for same package:)

I've been paying £67 for the last twelve months for exactly what you have.
    Contract just ran out and contacted VM retentions. Pointed out that having just bought a HD tv and Sky now offering a 3 package bundle with a free HD box with 17 HD channels & Movies and Sport for £58.50 + line rental. VM offered me an improved deal to stay with them and I now can afford Sports & Movies for the first time. Fewer HD channels at VM but I'm quite willing to wait.

It's certainly worth giving them a call, I gave it a go and am perfectly happy. In fact as a former Sky customer I can only praise VM and can't see me returning to Sky. Just need a few more HD channels to go with their catch-up and on-demande service and it would be perfect.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pay £55 a month to Virginmedia for landline, TV XL Pack, 20mb broadband and mobile as well.

So, I am quite happy with that because the one thing VM is good at providing is TV On Demand which I think is class!!