Does anybody still shop at Next?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find their clothes not to my taste

Although their work wear is smart but i can wear what i want to work usually a terry tracksuit
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd shop in Next before I ever shop in M&S. Despite all their re-branding the men's section is still chock full of middle to old aged men.

Went in over Christmas and made a swift exit. Not exactly uber-cool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I'd shop in Next before I ever shop in M&S. Despite all their re-branding the men's section is still chock full of middle to old aged men.

Went in over Christmas and made a swift exit. Not exactly uber-cool.

thank god for that is all I can say. Yes, they're quite conservative but for someone who hates current fashion trends, Next is a blessing, though I do resent the high prices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, although more so for my sons clothes as they have a really good boys range (range size and trousers have adjustable waists which for him is essential as he is tall and slim).
    I'm not keen on their day to day adult range, but have picked up a few gems for a night out.
    Have never been to a next sale, can imagine it being a nightmare.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I get a lot of my trousers for work from Next but it can be a bit hit and miss along with the sizing. I tried on a regular length(supposedly 30 inch ) pair of jeans and they were far too long, go in to New Look and tried on 30 inch leg jeans and they were perfect. I bought a top and it shrank and lost it's shape after the 1st wash. But I have a pair of boots that I have had for about 6 years and they have been worn to death but are really comfortable. I find some of their stuff looks cheap and nasty and overpriced.

There furniture is really nice and we are going to get our new sitting room furniture from there when we redo the sitting room this spring.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually buy clothes in Next or Debenhams. Yes they're more expensive but you get what you pay for in terms of quality.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their sizing is a bit random, quality isn't very good and it's overpriced so no I don't shop there very often.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a top from next and my daughter said I looked like I'd mugged a three year old and stolen her dress. Needless to say it was my last purchase.
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitey_GRN wrote: »
    Too old for Burton?

I've always walked past Burton as I thought it was a shop for the more mature person, with a large wallet!

It's all coloured chinos, striped T Shirts and hideous cardigans in the Burton stores round here. I feel pretty out of place for a 30 year old...not that I would want to buy those clothes anyway.

Next seem to cater for all.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Next babygro's fit my baby the best so I've been shopping there loads recently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I bought a top from next and my daughter said I looked like I'd mugged a three year old and stolen her dress. Needless to say it was my last purchase.

Ouch! Only daughters... :)
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,854
    Forum Member

You had better watch out then because as a "middle to old age man" I recently went into Next and bought a suit. I used to think they catered solely for the younger man but I was surprised at the range, quality and traditional style of their suits and jackets - far better than M&S. Maybe the young think traditional style is now cool :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a "middle to old man" I'd shop in Next before M&S too. They're quite close to each other on my high street anyway.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've never bought anything in Next but I used to get my cousin vouchers from there as that's where he used to buy his clothes.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would ask somebody to shoot me before I would get up at silly o clock to queue up to get into the sales. The couple of times that I have had a look in the sales at a more respectable hour I've never seen anything that was actually on sale in the shop, half the stuff is on the floor and rarely in my size.

Thankfully, I'm not that desperate ;)

Not even for the chance of a new hairnet at a reduced price? :D Love your username.