Inadvertently Creepy Things

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Have you ever come across anything that is perfectly innocent, but leaves you feeling unsettled/ creeped out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU

This song always does it for me?
I'm not sure what it is (it's a children's song about a picnic for God's sake), but I've always been scared of it (maybe it's the warning children not to go down to the woods alone?)

I think it would be perfect for use in a horror film or public awareness advert.

What are yours?

Comments

• Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    The new IKEA advert
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new IKEA advert

Yes, very creepy :confused:
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever come across anything that is perfectly innocent, but leaves you feeling unsettled/ creeped out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU

This song always does it for me?
    I'm not sure what it is (it's a children's song about a picnic for God's sake), but I've always been scared of it (maybe it's the warning children not to go down to the woods alone?)

I think it would be perfect for use in a horror film or public awareness advert.

What are yours?

This song has always creeped me out aswell. Very sinister and not in a subtle way IMO "today's the day that teddy bears have their picnic" ugh! :eek:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    The new IKEA advert

Is that the one with the doll faces on human bodies?

It's like something out of a Stephen King novel.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member

Yep, that's the one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Bananas in Pajamas. When they come down the stairs, it looks like they're advancing on you.

Fan accounts that know Daniel Joseph Brown was born at Stones Hospital in Rochdale in 1991 on the 13/1 21:39.
    ( "There are two types of fans, catch me before I kill again and my bedrooms just a taxi ride away").

When they've dubbed an animal to speak or walk on hind legs. It terrifies me.
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wind turbines. Dunno why, but they freak me out no end :(
    Forum Member
    Bananas in Pajamas. When they come down the stairs, it looks like they're advancing on you.

Fan accounts that know Daniel Joseph Brown was born at Stones Hospital in Rochdale in 1991 on the 13/1 21:39.
    ( "There are two types of fans, catch me before I kill again and my bedrooms just a taxi ride away").

When they've dubbed an animal to speak or walk on hind legs. It terrifies me.

Banana's In Pajamas was quite menancing. I'll add the opening narration in Bagpuss, the way Mr Benn advances without moving and all the shit that goes down in Moomin Valley as other creepy things about kids TV.

Dwarves dancing always unsettles me, too, and I have no "fear" of dwarves in any other situation!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know, I didn't know what we were on about until you mentioned the dolls. I've always turned it off.

But yeah, it's just not right.

=====

The e-Harmony lady who "was waiting for the magic to happen..." Yes, I can quite imagine you're a witch to be honest. * shudders *
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lincolnshire Poacher Numbers Station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua94OV9Ter8
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    vosne
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was inadvertently creepy at the weekend to a female neighbour.

I said "excuse me", with a view to asking her about how she's getting on selling her flat. I'm selling with the same agent you see.

Judging by the way she poo'd her pants and ran away she heard something way more sinister. Talk about awkward.
    Forum Member
    Lincolnshire Poacher Numbers Station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua94OV9Ter8

Oh, stuff like this really intrigues me (but completely terrifies me at the same time)

I'm sure the purpose of it is really mundane too!
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »

I said "excuse me", with a view to asking her about how she's getting on selling her flat. I'm selling with the same agent you see.

Judging by the way she poo'd her pants and ran away she heard something way more sinister. Talk about awkward.

Were you naked at the time or something?...
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This music video from an Australian kids show > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A

Warning may cause adults to trip out or have recurring nightmares :D

Another is Lazy Town, I was sat watching it with my son the other day and there are a few things about that show which creep me out, from the creepy "bad guy" through to the freakish puppets. Especially the posh one that looks particularly evil.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell

Makes my skin crawl. I wouldn't be remotely shocked if its Jimmy Saville all over again in 20 years time
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    This music video from an Australian kids show > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A

Another is Lazy Town, I was sat watching it with my son the other day and there are a few things about that show which creep me out, from the creepy "bad guy" through to the freakish puppets. Especially the posh one that looks particularly evil.

Lazy Town is ace.

I like the kid who won't share his sweets...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were you naked at the time or something?...

:D:D:D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazy Town is ace.

I like the kid who won't share his sweets...

Its more the posh puppet with the crunched up face and evil eyes, it scares me a bit. But I do find human puppets a bit creepy anyway so maybe its just me.

But nothing is a creepy as that wiggles video. Nothing, I'd rather take my kids to see a hammer horror than them to see that. It would be less disturbing.
    Forum Member
    If Lazy Town wasn't so bloody colourful I might find it creepy.

The fact it looks like an explosion at a Skittle factory makes it too bright to actually creep me out!
    Forum Member
    I'd also add the Oompa Loompa musical routines from the original Willy Wonka movie, but I'm pretty sure they were choreographed with the sole intention of terrifying children
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »

Lol I was about to say Lazy Town, first (and only time) I saw it was in Amsterdam hadn't realised we were watching BBC were thinking Blimey the crazy Dutch have some weird tv!!
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    This song reminds me of the shining I have no idea why :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »

Is it coz you is ginger?
  • LoukerrLoukerr Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Here we go again!