Jonathan Harvey episodes

VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
Forum Member
I've expressed my dislike for his writing before - the whole tone of his episodes differ far from other writers on the show - who are able to write consistently for each character.
There are FAR too many camp/gay remarks being spoken by the wrong characters - Gail for example - her whole performance in the Kylie unwrapping scene - it was like she had been possessed by Linda La Hughes, then with Sally she was back to proper Gail harping on to Leanne.
I wish he'd keep this style of writing for his trashy "novels"

Comments

• wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Whenever I see his name as writer at the start of Corrie, my heart sinks.. Because as sure as eggs are eggs Mz Cotton is going to be featured in there. And 99% of the time I`m right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like his episodes a lot. I like the humour and the one-liners.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the op. The tone of the eps and the characters personalities change and the whole thing becomes some awful sitcom. Gail, Sally and Deirdre were made out to be complete morons and suddenly Sean is talking to Carla in a way he never would.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    As if Carla has heard of the Keystone Kops!
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DISAGREE!!! strongly in fact!! Jonathan harveys episodes are brilliantly written!! his one liners and odd comments make them what they are... LOVED the library sit-in, the clever use of different characters you wouldn't expect too work together but they do...Nothing wrong with camp! My god!! Corrie has always been noted for been Camp and that's why it appeals too the gays sooooo much, look at the big brassy women characters who have become legends!!!
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    DISAGREE!!! strongly in fact!! Jonathan harveys episodes are brilliantly written!! his one liners and odd comments make them what they are... LOVED the library sit-in, the clever use of different characters you wouldn't expect too work together but they do...Nothing wrong with camp! My god!! Corrie has always been noted for been Camp and that's why it appeals too the gays sooooo much, look at the big brassy women characters who have become legends!!!

I love the camp - but the camp has always been natural - his camp one liners seem forced and sitcom-esque and as I said Corrie most certainly is NOT a sitcom.
    I love the strong women - Tony Warren created the Queens - the Behemoths of strong women. But they all had the lines of real women from Manchester - not drag Queens from Canal Street.
    BTW - I'm gay too
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I love the camp - but the camp has always been natural - his camp one liners seem forced and sitcom-esque and as I said Corrie most certainly is NOT a sitcom.
    I love the strong women - Tony Warren created the Queens - the Behemoths of strong women. But they all had the lines of real women from Manchester - not drag Queens from Canal Street.
    BTW - I'm gay too

Maybe He is been asked too write it like that by The Hat, who clearly has no sence of what The Street is all about, or maybe that is how he see's life in modern day Manchester?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~In a darkened room Anthony Cotton sits down with a Jonathan Harvey script

"Oooh he's the only one who understands me. Oh look at that Keystone Kops line. Sally, Deirdre and Gail are written so naturally. ~Oooh the camp camp camp"
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~In a darkened room Anthony Cotton sits down with a Jonathan Harvey script

"Oooh he's the only one who understands me. Oh look at that Keystone Kops line. Sally, Deirdre and Gail are written so naturally. ~Oooh the camp camp camp"

:D:D:D:D