Brown urges Scots to sign petition to ensure The Vow is kept

delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I worry about his mental health. This is just through the looking glass stuff.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29432379
Former Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown has called for 100,000 Scots to sign a petition urging Westminster to keep promises on devolution.

Why is the petition necessary Gordon? Are they planning to renege? Did you know this pre-referendum? Will you recommend independence if The Vow isnt kept?

Comments

• *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only came in here to see how you would spin this. :D
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I only came in here to see how you would spin this. :D

I dont know how to spin it to be honest. It makes no sense to me whatsoever, like purple grass or 2+2=5. It does not compute.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's worried that Labour will renege on the promise
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He promised things he couldn't keep because he is no longer in power. Typical Brown: promise to do things with other people's money.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like thought these were guaranteed? I guess Bitter Together were lying this whole time?
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think you can spin this. Why do people need to sign a petition about extra powers that apparently had been a done deal?
  • CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    Don't think you can spin this. Why do people need to sign a petition about extra powers that apparently had been a done deal?

It's not as if the three main party's have u-turned either - very odd statement :confused:
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know how to spin it to be honest. It makes no sense to me whatsoever, like purple grass or 2+2=5. It does not compute.

2+2=5 was quite a good poster....
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably more worried that NO ONE would listen to him anymore!
  • MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55% of voters actually believed this 'vow' lol

Glad to say I am firmly in the 45% camp.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    That link is dead.

Surprise.
    bad word in the url
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacLovin wrote: »

I'd be surprised if as many as 10% fell for it, 5% at most I reckon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barky99 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if as many as 10% fell for it, 5% at most I reckon

25% of NOs fell for it according to Ashcroft.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brown should be ashamed of himself in peddling a "vow" that he now admits was a "trap". He pleads that he was misled by omission. Too bad Gordon, you were played for a fool by Cameron, and the tragedy is that you helped him to fool the Scottish electorate too. For this, Labour will surely pay a price at the next Scottish elections. ^_^
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacLovin wrote: »

55% of people didn't want Independence or have faith in the SNP's Independence dream...

It does make me laugh when YES voters turn in to massive hypocrites, they believed the blatant lies told by the SNP and YES campaign, but then have the cheek to say that the 'vow' is a lie despite it still going ahead...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55% of people didn't want Independence or have faith in the SNP's Independence dream...

It does make me laugh when YES voters turn in to massive hypocrites, they believed the blatant lies told by the SNP and YES campaign, but then have the cheek to say that the 'vow' is a lie despite it still going ahead...

why is Brown begging us to sign a petition if there is not a danger of them reneging?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25% of NOs fell for it according to Ashcroft.
    Which means 75% or 3/4s voted NO but not for this vow...

Your complaining about this supposedly not happening, how would to have reacted should Scotland have voted for Independence and all of the promises made to you inevitably failed to materialise?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which means 75% or 3/4s voted NO but not for this vow...

Your complaining about this supposedly not happening, how would to have reacted should Scotland have voted for Independence and all of the promises made to you inevitably failed to materialise?

One promise was made-that Scotland would elect it's own government.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is Brown begging us to sign a petition if there is not a danger of them reneging?

Because he made promises he cannot deliver so he is doing as Salmond and the SNP does and make it so the blame is pointed elsewhere?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One promise was made-that Scotland would elect it's own government.
    Well you certainly have a very short and blinkered memory...

Although I expect semantics are in play here.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many NO voters are beginning to sense that they have been well and truly fooled by the three amigos?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who truly wanted Scotland to be independant would have voted YES.

The fact remains that less than 45% wanted real independance.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is nothing from that 'vow' that is certain to get OK from parliament, if they were serious about it then it would have been on offer from day 1 in October 2012 & not with a few days to go -- it was a dirty trick, nothing more