The last 5-10 years. A bit bland.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Nah, the 90's really did feel good at the time, and the first half of the 0's.

Course, it was more luck than judgement.
    I was young and naive and I thought the world was my oyster and, fortunately, due to the economic climate, the world didn't disappoint.

Maybe not everything but it certainly feels like a lot of the current trends are just sanitised, corporate-sponsored, versions of stuff that's happened before.

I was promoted 3 times and it allowed me to retire in 2003. I loved my job but the company decided I was surplus. Two years salary and 50% pension that I have now had for more than 10 years.

I always thought from your posts you have a good life now?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I was promoted 3 times and it allowed me to retire in 2003. I loved my job but the company decided I was surplus. Two years salary and 50% pension that I have now had for more than 10 years.

I always thought from your posts you have a good life now?

Can't really complain.

Just that, IIRC, it really did feel like, for example, that it didn't really matter if you quit your job in the 90's cos you felt like you'd be able to find another one etc.
    Course, I didn't have a a wife, a house, a mortgage, bills or any other stuff I really needed to worry about back then and that probably had a lot to do with it too.
    I could just burn through my entire wages on booze, sex, fast cars and hobbies.
    And I just frittered the rest away. ;-)