Options

Your choice of phone case/screen protector?

Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
Forum Member
We have had threads about indiviudal choices of handset and they come in a myriad of options.

I wonder what folk use to protect their phone?

I currently have a Galaxy Note 4. I have been having problems getting a case that fits it snugly. I tried one of those ultra slim cases from the far east and it didn't really protect the phone as it left the bottom exposed. Oddly it also covered up one of the microphone ports on the bottom. Screen protection is a bit of a bug bear for me at the moment. A tyical "film" screen protector fits very cosily, I usually prefer Tempered Glass, apparently due to the way the screen is curved it makes it difficult to apply.

That being said I chose a RingKe slim for my device, its th first cover/case to fit the phone snugly, it adds a slight bit of bulk. That said all ports are exposed where they need to be. There are slits or cuts (for want of a better way to put it) on each corner which allows for easy removal but also a snug fit. Cost £7.99 from amazon and I learned now that you do get what you pay for when buying these products.

As for the screen right now I am sticking with the standard screen protector till I can identify a tempered glass that fits appropriately without leaving a band right round it.

Whats yours?

Comments

• Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Tempered glass on a htc one m7
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of these for my HTC One

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StilGut-UltraSlim-Genuine-Leather-Black/dp/B00BRYFGKM

Does a very good job of protecting the phone. OK minor pain that you have to flip the lid out of the way to use the phone but it does fold up completely behind it so not too much hassle really.

The upside though is that the screen on the phone is pristine after 18 months knocking about in my trouser pocket with my work iPhone and even survives the odd occasion when I find myself rolling around on the floor running cables at work and being dropped onto uncarpeted floors, :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    I've got a Quadlock case on my iPhone 6 and the car holder kit too, absolutely superb product-no more wobbly dash/windscreen mounts for me.

http://www.quadlockcase.com/products/iphone-6-car-mount-kit

I've also got a MediaDevil tempered glass screen protector (brilliant):

http://mediadevil.com/index.php/browse-by-device/apple/iphone-6/magicscreen-tempered-glass-apple-iphone-6.html
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For my Nexus 5 I use the official Google bumper case and Nillkin tempered glass screen protector.

My Lumia 635 has a generic tempered glass screen protector and no case.

I was sceptical over the tempered glass but they are far better than film once you get it installed correctly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I have tried a few. I had a leather pouch for my iPhone at first - but it left the phone mostly unprotected when I was actually using it. So I switched to a bumper case, but it made the phone overheat a lot. Probably more a fault with the iphone than the case, but it was still an issue.

Now that I've got a bigger Nokia Lumia 1020 I use a leather wallet style case, to be honest I don't really like it but there doesn't seem to be much option for Lumia cases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I would suggest people check out Spigen if you want a high quality case. I have one for my Nexus 5 and I will look toward another Spigen case when I get an upgrade next too.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Simple S-line case for my last two phones.....Screen protectors are pointless - I've never used one since the Original iPhone. I've had Samsungs and now Lumias, all still have pristine screens.