Options

Now TV APP

Why haven't Sky put BBC player, ITV player, 4OD and 5 on demand in there catch up section plus any new channels coming to the entertainment pass.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't pay the full Sky subs,so you don't get the full Sky offering ?
  • Options
    gdog38gdog38 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    You don't pay the full Sky subs,so you don't get the full Sky offering ?

I know that but can't sky a least put Syfy and watch on Now TV

Thanks
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Thats one of the reasons I'm not sure Now TV is right for me, it has at least 3 channels that I have no interest in having or paying for. Would be nice and not outside the realms of possibility for SKY to offer say 20 channels and you can select 11.
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats one of the reasons I'm not sure Now TV is right for me, it has at least 3 channels that I have no interest in having or paying for. Would be nice and not outside the realms of possibility for SKY to offer say 20 channels and you can select 11.

That's the main problem with Sky for many people, they are forced to pay for cruddy channels most people don't want. I suspect a lot of the packages are put together in order to subsidise the obscene figures Sky pay to retain football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes I agree, the worse thing is they make it sound so great, buy this package and it's got all these music channels, kids channels and shopping channels, woop di doo.

In this day and age I should be able to pick and mix, and this is where Sky will fail in the long run if they don't start thinking of ways to do it. They most likely have computers whirling away in the background somewhere, working out the most likely viewing content, then spread it around 3 packages.

This is why I like Netflix, it has drama, it's got films, it's got documentaries and I can choose what to watch, when I want to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got a re branding of the now tv app today following an update. I checked and nothing changed just the logo. Any ideas thanks.
  • Options
    arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    gdog38 wrote: »
    Just got a re branding of the now tv app today following an update. I checked and nothing changed just the logo. Any ideas thanks.

Just the logo and typeface.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes I agree, the worse thing is they make it sound so great, buy this package and it's got all these music channels, kids channels and shopping channels, woop di doo.

To be fair, the shopping channels and the majority of music channels (all except MTV/VH1) are free so your subscription isn't paying for them. You still get them without a Sky subscription or on Freesat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ Oh yes I agree with you, but I was aiming more at NOW TV, they tell you it's got 11 great channels, well sorry it's got 8 because at least 3 will never be used by myself. My point was, why can't they make it a "pick and mix", say choose 11 from 20 or even 10 from 20 would be better, than what's currently on offer.
  • Options
    davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    i'm recently new to now tv, have virgin m+ tv, at present and my new now tv is sort of on test,

I do agree that out of the 13 channels there is only about 7 for me, if they expanded it to 20 or as a pick and mix, i think this would be good,

however i doubt they will do it, - also i did hear, roumours that they where thinking of having a now tv box that could record? has anyone else heard.

but i think over all the best thing is skysports pass for 7 days this for me for a £10 ish, would cover the pdc darts lovely and even a F1 Weekend if im lucky,

far better than a near £30 quid for a month via virgin
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    also i did hear, roumours that they where thinking of having a now tv box that could record? has anyone else heard.

I don't see the point of this, given that the On Demand player is so good (and goes back a few weeks for each episode of a series).
  • Options
    davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    well has my now tv box for a few days, however today it was unable to connect to network, tried

home button x5 then folowed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF

then You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

however this has zero effect - after several re-boots of router and now tv box nothing

so i reset the now tv box, and it still would not connect

but what did is connecting my super hub via cable and enter 192.168.0.1 and enter the router passwords as noted on log in

and set my hub from fixed channel to auto and saved

the now tv box re-scanned and then worked

my guess is that my router was ch12 and maybe when the now tv box goes standby it loggs of and then on scanning its a bit lazy and does'nt scan everything perhaps

just my guess but it works, i then disabled network pings and turn standby off see how it goes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its proberly me but has now tv have chromecast support anymore. All the other apps work okay. Checked tonight and the chromecast sign dosent display on the top left of the screen.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gdog38 wrote: »
    Its proberly me but has now tv have chromecast support anymore. All the other apps work okay. Checked tonight and the chromecast sign dosent display on the top left of the screen.

Thanks in advance

I just used it to cast from my Nexus.
    Not sure what's happening with yours?