Celebrities who have just vanished into thin air?

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Thats Life cast ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Mike Morris from TV-AM. He literally never appeared on tv again. Does he still have the 'tache ?

I liked him. But not in that way. :D

Rosemarie Ford-what happened to her?
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    A lot of the cast from TTIAO. Until I saw Nick Hancock on Breakout I hadn't seen him in years. The tall bald buy. The Rory chap. Nigel from Pop Idol. Pete Waterman. The blonde woman - Nicky? Nadia Swalha. Martin kemp.

Pete Waterman hasn't really disappeared. He's probably semi-retired! He does a show on Smooth Radio though.
    Mandark wrote: »
    Talking of Dallas, the careers of Victoria Principal, Charlene 'poison dwarf' Tilton and Linda Gray all launched and disappeared with that show. I'd loved to have wrestled little Charlene in her hey day. Such a shame!! :D

Charlene was recently on Dancing on Ice, she seems like a lovel person who has had a difficult few years following the death of her husband.

Even Esther? She does a lot of charity work these days.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happend to Mr Motivator.

Mr M was at my son's special school recently promoting the use of small trampolines in sports. The staff couldn't say enough good about him and how he related to the special needs children. Sadly he did not wear the lycra. He is due to make a return visit and we did discuss at a Governors Meeting that we asked him to wear his lycra!!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr M was at my son's special school recently promoting the use of small trampolines in sports. The staff couldn't say enough good about him and how he related to the special needs children. Sadly he did not wear the lycra. He is due to make a return visit and we did discuss at a Governors Meeting that we asked him to wear his lycra!!

Sadly?! I'd have been thankful if I were you! :D

Nice to hear what he's up to though!:)
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Miles in This Life is currently in Smash- on Sky Atlantic. He's quite good in it.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Statto from fantasy football league. I loved him in his dressing gown and pjs!
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda Barker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    Fiona Fullerton
    Angharad Rees
    Liza Goddard
    Cheryl Campbell
    Lesley Ash
    Sue Lawley
    Pauline Collins
    Josie Lawrence
    Jan Francis
    Julia Sawalha

Jan Francis, best known for playing Penny Warrender in Just Good Friends (BBC1 1983-86) is still acting but has not appeared in any new production since 2010. Currently she devotes a lot of time to charity work. She is also well known for playing Lisa Colbert in Secret Army (BBC1 1977) and Sally Hardcastle in Stay Lucky (ITV 1989-91).
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    Fiona Fullerton
    Angharad Rees
    Liza Goddard
    Cheryl Campbell
    Lesley Ash
    Sue Lawley
    Pauline Collins
    Josie Lawrence
    Jan Francis
    Julia Sawalha

She starred in Fantabulosa! in 2006.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ofni wrote: »
    Linda Barker

Yes, a classic case of over-exposure after her IACGMOOH stint. Think she was doing about three ad campaigns, and even those of us that liked her started to get sick to the back teeth of her.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miles in This Life is currently in Smash- on Sky Atlantic. He's quite good in it.
    And Egg [Andrew Lincoln] stars in the Walking Dead - second season on Terrestrial this week, and is filming the third.

Jack Davenport was also in US drama FlashForward which was cancelled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    keith chegquin, cheryl baker and sarah greene
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actors & actresses from 'The Bill', apart from the ones we know about.

For example, Lisa Geoghan, who played Polly Page.(I know the actress had a baby & took a year off(Polly was suffering the effects of a broken affair with Dave Quinnian, & tried to top herself during the Sun Hill fire), then when Polly came back, she got tangled up with 'Mad' Cathy Bradford & ended up in jail, but after being released, couldn't rejoin the police & ended up as a civilian radio operator, then she left to be a social worker!))

Samantha Robson, who played Vicky Hagen, one of the area car drivers.

Connie Hyde aka Cathy Bradford, last seen sectioned.

Sarah Manners(also from 'Strictly', 'Mile High' & 'Casualty'), from the later episodes, again another area car driver. (I did read that she split from her husband a few years back, which is not surprising, as the wedding pics were in either OK or Hello! Last I heard was she was on a theatre tour with Leslie Grantham, as her younger brother Tom occasionally worked for BBC WM & I asked him!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Donna Air, has disappeared into thin air :D
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    And Egg [Andrew Lincoln] stars in the Walking Dead - second season on Terrestrial this week, and is filming the third.

Jack Davenport was also in US drama FlashForward which was cancelled.
    I'm not sure which of you (Pete or Harv) have got it wrong, but Jack and Andrew were in This Life rather than That's Life :D

This Life was a BBC2 drama about hard working law graduates shagging around whilst That's Life was a BBC1 family magazine program with added poems and the occassional rude vegetable.:p

PS - If it was in fact This Life then Daniela Nardini has been reasonably busy on TV and on Stage ever since. I last saw her in the excellent The Fades on BBC3.

(And Jack Davenport was also in the first three Pirates of the Caribean movies)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Pete Waterman hasn't really disappeared. He's probably semi-retired! He does a show on Smooth Radio though.

Charlene was recently on Dancing on Ice, she seems like a lovel person who has had a difficult few years following the death of her husband.

Even Esther? She does a lot of charity work these days.

I met Esther Rantzen last night, she was a guest compere at the Mermaid Theatre for the show Autism's Got Talent, organised by Anna Kennedy and Pineapple studios. She was there with Lyndsey De Paul (stunning!) and John Bercow (wanted to say to him 'sorry about your wife'!!) All three of them were down to earth, no airs or graces. My mum coveted Esther's handbag!

The show was amazing, when an autistic child gets a passion for something there is nothing to stop them. Such talented talented children and teens.

Gets off soapbox...
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    Bruno Brooks.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather Locklear - was watching Dynasty on DVD the other day, and havnt seen her around for a long time.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    If it was in fact This Life then Daniela Nardini has been reasonably busy on TV and on Stage ever since. I last saw her in the excellent The Fades on BBC3.

(And Jack Davenport was also in the first three Pirates of the Caribean movies)

And of course Jason Hughes is DS Jones in Midsomer Murders.

Actually, most of the cast have done pretty well for themselves and are still to be seen on our TV screens quite regularly!

The regulars from That's Life aren't so busy. I actually know Gavin Campbell slightly, he doesn't get much media work. Bill Buckley was on Come Dine With Me a while ago. And I heard Adrian Mills talking about damage to his restaurant during the riots last summer, oddly enough.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bill Buckley is on various local BBC stations i.e whoever will give him a job, it appears, plus he is seen occasionally doing the BBC News Channel late paper review.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Bill Buckley is on various local BBC stations i.e whoever will give him a job, it appears, plus he is seen occasionally doing the BBC News Channel late paper review.

And he won Come Dine With Me, mustn't forget that!! :D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visitor Q wrote: »
    And of course Jason Hughes is DS Jones in Midsomer Murders.

Actually, most of the cast have done pretty well for themselves and are still to be seen on our TV screens quite regularly!

The regulars from That's Life aren't so busy. I actually know Gavin Campbell slightly, he doesn't get much media work. Bill Buckley was on Come Dine With Me a while ago. And I heard Adrian Mills talking about damage to his restaurant during the riots last summer, oddly enough.

I used to have a massive crush on Adrian Mills :o

He was also in a Robbie Williams video. I can't remember the song but it's the one where there are lots of people auditioning to be a Robbie impersonator and Adrian is the 'presenter' of the contest.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a massive crush on Adrian Mills :o

He was also in a Robbie Williams video. I can't remember the song but it's the one where there are lots of people auditioning to be a Robbie impersonator and Adrian is the 'presenter' of the contest.

something beautiful.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

That's the one, thanks gpk :)