Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    When is this back on Channel 5? On Saturday night's episode the announcer said a new season starts next year but will they not be repeating any episodes again this year? If there's no more new eps this year i'm defo getting one of the Season boxsets!

I really was hoping they would naturally carry onto S11 after having just aired S10. Still have not managed to catch S11&12. I checked Channel 5's website and it says "Sorry, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is not currently scheduled to be on any of our channels."

L&O:SVU page on Channel 5

Check out the far right side, you'll see the "Next on TV" box.

Heavenly wrote: »
    Well, can't believe I have watched 13 seasons already! Hope it's not too long before the UK show Season 14.

Season 14 will begin filming in late July according to Ice T, who just recently signed his S14 contract. It will probably air here a few weeks after it starts airing in the US, and that's usually in September time, or I think it was last year :-)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Season 14 will begin filming in late July according to Ice T, who just recently signed his S14 contract. It will probably air here a few weeks after it starts airing in the US, and that's usually in September time, or I think it was last year :-)

Thanks. :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On currently watching season 3 :) Can't wait to get to the later series :
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help with a stupid question that's bugging me? I was watching episode 5 of Season 13 tonight, which consisted of a straight baby kidnapping (well, it turned out he wasn't actually kidnapped) case, with no mention of anything of a sexual nature whatsoever. There was no explanation of why the Special Victims Unit was given the case, and it's actually been annoying me trying to figure out the reason why. I know it's silly, but I need an explanation!
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help with a stupid question that's bugging me? I was watching episode 5 of Season 13 tonight, which consisted of a straight baby kidnapping (well, it turned out he wasn't actually kidnapped) case, with no mention of anything of a sexual nature whatsoever. There was no explanation of why the Special Victims Unit was given the case, and it's actually been annoying me trying to figure out the reason why. I know it's silly, but I need an explanation!

it's not just sexual crimes they investigate, it's any against children too, sexual or not.
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love svu, really hope Chris Meloni makes a return its not the same without him. Don't like Danny pino, he's just the same as his cold case character. Does anyone know why Munch is hardly in it anymore? you don't see much of him now
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    it's not just sexual crimes they investigate, it's any against children too, sexual or not.

Oh right, thanks. I've just been going on what it always says on the opening voiceover, which only mentions 'crimes of a sexual nature'.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    Oh right, thanks. I've just been going on what it always says on the opening voiceover, which only mentions 'crimes of a sexual nature'.

It's as in the title "special victims" so not just sex cases and children but also things like hate crimes and homophobic ones etc.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've finished series 3 now...on to series 4!!

You're right, Alex is fab! I love her voice
    Forum Member
    Does anybody have any idea when S11 (or 12, happy to record in the wrong order) is going to be aired again on any channel? I figured it would run right off the bat following S10 on C5 not so long ago, alas this was not the case.

Any ideas please?
    Thank you..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody have any idea when S11 (or 12, happy to record in the wrong order) is going to be aired again on any channel? I figured it would run right off the bat following S10 on C5 not so long ago, alas this was not the case.

Any ideas please?
    Thank you..

Universal channel is currently airing season 10 every week night at 11pm and season 11 will air straight after. Season 10 is currently on episode 8 tonight, so a likely start date for season 11 is 18th September and season 12 is 22nd October.
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love SVU! I watch it every night on Universal. My absolute favourite character is Munch, he's brilliant...

'Munch has become the only fictional character, played by a single actor, to appear on ten different television shows'

How cool is that? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Munch

I also have a wee soft spot for the Captain. He made me cry this series when he was talking to Rollins about being an alcoholic :o
    Forum Member
    JTsky wrote: »
    Universal channel is currently airing season 10 every week night at 11pm and season 11 will air straight after. Season 10 is currently on episode 8 tonight, so a likely start date for season 11 is 18th September and season 12 is 22nd October.

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate the info.
    :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Universal appear to be skipping part of season 10 and also season 11 :confused:

Season 12 is starting on 17th September

Ep 01 - Not Shown
    Ep 02 - 17th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 03 - 18th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 04 - 19th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 05 - 20th Sep - 10pm
    Ep 06 - 20th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 07 - 21st Sep - 11pm
    Ep 08 - 24th Sep - 10pm
    Ep 09 - 24th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 10 - 25th Sep - 10pm
    Ep 11 - 25th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 12 - 26th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 13 - 27th Sep - 10pm
    Ep 14 - 27th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 15 - 28th Sep - 10pm
    Ep 16 - 28th Sep - 11pm
    Ep 17 - 1st Oct - 10pm
    Ep 18 - 1st Oct - 11pm
    Ep 19 - 2nd Oct - 10pm
    Ep 20 - 2nd Oct - 11pm
    Ep 21 - 3rd Oct - 11pm
    Ep 22 - 4th Oct - 10pm
    Ep 23 - 4th Oct - 11pm
    Ep 24 - 5th Oct - 10pm

Season 13 seems to follow this schedule starting 5th October at 11pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when Season 14 will air in the UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea when Season 14 will air in the UK?

Last year in the US S13 started on 21st September and in the UK it started 16th October.

This year S14 starts in the US on 25th September so possible UK air date is 21st October. Nothing confirmed yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year in the US S13 started on 21st September and in the UK it started 16th October.

This year S14 starts in the US on 25th September so possible UK air date is 21st October. Nothing confirmed yet.

Thank you. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I was 1 week late with my guess!

Confirmed S14 will begin on Sunday 14th October @ 10PM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was 1 week late with my guess!

Confirmed S14 will begin on Sunday 14th October @ 10PM

Excellent, thanks!! :)
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Any idea which channel?
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Any idea which channel?

Universal (Sky 113) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder!!

Season 14 of SVU starts this Sunday at 10pm on Universal. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder!!

Season 14 of SVU starts this Sunday at 10pm on Universal. :)

Bump. :)
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to watch, aaargh! Does anyone know if/when it's repeated?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melp26 wrote: »
    I forgot to watch, aaargh! Does anyone know if/when it's repeated?

Not sure, I will check for you. :)

Ok, so I am confused. I watched it last night. It said Season 14 episode 1. Yet it also said 2/3. Showed clips of what had happened before and I didn't remember any of it?

Can anyone enlighten me? :confused: