Recording via USB port

mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Evening all ;)
I've just bought a PANASONIC TX-L32DT30E 3D 400 HZ
Can anyone advise me as to the external hard drive I should buy to record programmes (ideally from the HDMI sources)?
Thanks in advance.
MrB

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From reading the manual on line all you can record to the USB drive is the tuner output. No mention at all of being able to record from HDMI.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my Panasonic it only records from the Freeview or Freesat tuner. Minimum of 160GB as far as I can remember.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    From reading the manual on line all you can record to the USB drive is the tuner output. No mention at all of being able to record from HDMI.

I would agree - they only record the internal Freeview tuner.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course the other limitation is that you may only be able to record whatever programme you are currently watching. It certainly seemed that way from reading through the manual.

I got the impression the record function was more a 'Pause and rewind live TV" type of function rather than a full blown PVR function. Which I suppose is fair enough in this context.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    And of course the other limitation is that you may only be able to record whatever programme you are currently watching. It certainly seemed that way from reading through the manual.

Obviously, it's NOT a PVR, and makes no claims to be one.

I got the impression the record function was more a 'Pause and rewind live TV" type of function rather than a full blown PVR function. Which I suppose is fair enough in this context.

It's a useful added feature - I had a quick play with a Sony one a few weeks back - I can see it would be useful, similar to a non-tuner VCR in many ways.