O2 aim for 98% of population 4G coverage by 2015

123457»

Comments

• Skippy2005Skippy2005 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah so the Chief Technical Officer of MBNL in charge of the consolidation does not know what he is talking about?

That is what is being suggested!

No Wave that is not what is being suggested. The video you posted is out of date, when compared to what has been recently stated. When the video was released it was naturally upto date and that was the way forward. There has been some change since to reflect the companies needs. That is all. Stop putting words in people mouths!! We are not point scoring here with EE/MBNL against cornerstone just stating current facts. Cornerstone and EE will always change figures until they are both happy with their coverage. The end result is going to be similar coverage by all networks some stronger than other in certain parts. However I do think the MBNL/EE tie up and massive upgrade has forced o2 and voda to do the same to compete which can only be good for all.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see if O2 and Vodafone do indeed catch up with high speed data, decent packages and good coverage. I think it still remains to be seen if they can catch up with MBNL, projects do get delayed, de-scoped, run over cost, or fail.

MBNL did well to do what they have done, it's by no means certain that Cornerstone will deliver as much, and with them already being behind, MBNL will naturally progress during that time to, so may always be 3 years ahead.
  • Skippy2005Skippy2005 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if O2 and Vodafone do indeed catch up with high speed data, decent packages and good coverage. I think it still remains to be seen if they can catch up with MBNL, projects do get delayed, de-scoped, run over cost, or fail.

MBNL did well to do what they have done, it's by no means certain that Cornerstone will deliver as much, and with them already being behind, MBNL will naturally progress during that time to, so may always be 3 years ahead.

How is the rollout and consolidation of network infrastructure going, what is the latest? Regarding vodafonica I mean :-)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skippy2005 wrote: »
    How is the rollout and consolidation of network infrastructure going, what is the latest? Regarding vodafonica I mean :-)

Well as you probably know Vodafone has just breached it's Ofcom licensing obligation as it didn't have even 90% 3G population coverage 13 years after the licence was awarded. Aside from that I don't have any other Cornerstone news.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Skippy2005 wrote: »

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/dsf_zpsec66027d.gif
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can tell they're rolling out 800Mhz LTE in all areas with the addition of 2600 on top on VF in urban centres, which might give them a coverage edge over EE who're doing 1800 in all areas with the addition of 2600 in urban centres and 800 in some rural areas only.