CS: What was wrong with Jenny Bradley?

jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry if I'm missing something but does anyone know why she was acting strangely with Jack in tonight's episodes?

Comments

• MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I bet she's lost a child.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her child died of choking and she couldnt save him and has blamed herself ever since
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    I bet she's lost a child.

I was thinking this but thought I might have missed something as I'm not familiar with her character from before really.
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats right with her.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also panicked when Maddie was talking about nearly drowning as a child so I think she's either had a child who has drowned or choked although I'm guessing probably choked as she made a fuss about the sweets Sophie told her to get Jack.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    She also panicked when Maddie was talking about nearly drowning as a child so I think she's either had a child who has drowned or choked although I'm guessing probably choked as she made a fuss about the sweets Sophie told her to get Jack.

Oh yes I forgot about that scene. Quite subtle. Thanks for the replies.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too think Jenny lost a child
  • TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the same - not very subtle was it!
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Tuvok wrote: »
    I think the same - not very subtle was it!
    Nope, think sledgehammer. Problem is we (and I count here all DS discerning viewers par excellance:D) could write these scrips in our sleep.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its pretty obvious that either her own child or a child in her care died of choking. That poor kid that plays Jack looks bloody terrified. They should have used the boy that played Joseph who is a more belevable young actor.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember Kevins wife Alison? She was weird about kids and water - turned out her baby sister drowned and her mum blamed her for not watching her.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jenny suddenly realised that her relationship with Keven comes with baggage - Sophie and Muddie - and she has run for the hills.
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well its pretty obvious that either her own child or a child in her care died of choking. That poor kid that plays Jack looks bloody terrified. They should have used the boy that played Joseph who is a more belevable young actor.

Yes agree with you, especially BiB. The young actor who plays Joseph, will be a huge loss to Corrie. Loved how he shouted "Daddy!" to Ches.:D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I think Jenny suddenly realised that her relationship with Keven comes with baggage - Sophie and Muddie - and she has run for the hills.

Self righteous Sophie!!

I can't really remember but why is everyone against Jenny, Rita I know about but what about everyone else?
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think she lost a child too....also she wasn't really that happy when Kevin asked her to look after Jack....
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole Kevin, Jenny, Sawfie, Maddie s/l are just far too boring to even think about.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her child died of choking and she couldnt save him and has blamed herself ever since

My thoughts too...........
  • SilvergoldSilvergold Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I reckon she will end up confiding in Rita who will decide she has been punished enough and she will become part of the extended family, a bit like Tim.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Self righteous Sophie!!

I can't really remember but why is everyone against Jenny, Rita I know about but what about everyone else?

Not me ..I liked Jenny before and I like her now....though there are times I think she could be strong willed......
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Nope, think sledgehammer. Problem is we (and I count here all DS discerning viewers par excellance:D) could write these scrips in our sleep.

Yes. They should have started this earlier, perhaps showing her be reticent about dating Kevin when she found out he had a young child or commenting on the sweets a couple of weeks ago. Having 3 scenes in one episode when she'd been fine with him before was heavy handed.

But yes, obviously she knows of a child that died from choking or drowning, probably whilst she was caring for them and probably her own. Which caused her marriage break down.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    Self righteous Sophie!!

There is no reason for anybody other than Rita to have a problem with her. Jenny was popular with her peer group and the older residents during her first stint. The only thing she ever did wrong was trying to get Rita to lend/give her money during her brief return 20 years ago and given how Rita was throwing money around (just given Sally 10k for no good reason as I recall) mayve it wasn't completely unreasonable for somebody Rita had treated as a daughter to think she'd help her. But she should have been upfront about it.

Fun fact, Jenny is about the closest soap character in age to me, her 18th birthday when Alan tried to strangle rita) was about 2 weeks before mine. So I suppose i feel like i grew up with her to a certain extent.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also suspected that she had lost a child.

Nobody appears in a soap unless they have a 'dark secret'. Yawn!