to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console

lindauklindauk Posts: 587
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all, a bit advice needed please, what does it mean when you put a game in the 360 and you get this "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".its a whitish screen and it is in all languages
All my other games still play fine, i have just received this game,i bought it off on play trade

Comments

• user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindauk wrote: »
    Hi all, a bit advice needed please, what does it mean when you put a game in the 360 and you get this "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".its a whitish screen and it is in all languages
    All my other games still play fine, i have just received this game,i bought it off on play trade

This is the screen you get if you put a 360 disk in a standard DVD player.

Your game disk might need cleaning or has been damaged :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression from reading several other forums that the DVD drive itself could be on the way out.

Unplug the 360 from the mains for a while then try it again. If the same error persists then you might have to telephone Microsoft.
  • lindauklindauk Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies :) even though the disc looked really clean, i cleaned it again and hey presto it worked. Problem solved, thanks again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I had this with FarCry 2, I took it back and got a new copy - works fine now.
    Just a bad/dirty disc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Normally just removing the disc and putting it back in again will work. But as said, a dirty disc will also do it.

I've started getting this error since the NXE came out. This console is a brand new 2 and a bit week old Jasper chipset one so I don't believe it is part failure of any kind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some time soon your laser is going to go, happened with mine.
  • Iver HardyIver Hardy Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Yep the dvd is on its way it started with just call of duty 4 at first and I thought it was just one disc but eventually it happens to any games.

http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/10/05/halo3_disc_unreadable2.jpg

http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/x360onxbox.jpg

Those were the screens I was getting at first
  • jamesmor1jamesmor1 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    what game was it?
  • lindauklindauk Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saints Row