Options

Oscars 2013

PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
Forum Member
With the awards season gettin underway soon which actors do u think will be nominated. I have heard potential oscar buzz around Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field in Lincoln and Amy Adams in The Master. Any others?

Comments

• Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Day Lewis is playing an important american historical figure? Pretty likely he'll get the oscar.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Joaquin Phoenix will win best actor, I hope he does anyway, his new film looks amazing, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson too

here's the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1O1vb9AUU&feature=plcp

I don't think Lincoln will live up to the hype, hope it does though DDL is a great actor
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the contender movies won't have been released yet.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    Daniel Day Lewis is playing an important american historical figure? Pretty likely he'll get the oscar.

Very likely to get nominated; playing a real-life person always helps. The Academy voters love it:D

Wonder if Meryl Streep will make it 18 Oscar nods?
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Most of the contender movies won't have been released yet.

I hear rumours that "The Keith Lemon movie" could be nominated :D
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lincoln trailer

It's an interesting one, because I don't think I've ever seen a bigger 'Oscar bait' trailer, but on the other hand I'd be amazed if Daniel Day Lewis doesn't win best actor.
  • Options
    oncemoreoncemore Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see how they do Lincoln and what story they're going to tell. That was a very interesting time in the US, and the aftermath was felt well into the Civil Rights era.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life Of Pi should be up there for best film, actor, supporting actor, special effects and director in my view. Have seen it three times now at various previews and it gets better with each viewing!

Although I've not seen it, I have a feeling Les Miserables will fare well too. I predict nods for Best film, actor (Jackman) actress (Hathaway), film and director ... And possibly a nod for Crowe in support
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now have 20 quid on Zero Dark Thirty on paddypower at 5/1.

This means it's not going to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was debate team evnt to go see Lincoln and I thought I'd be bored out of my mind but it was very interesting.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already did a thread on this